Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

something is worrying me...

Report bad ads?

Salaam Alaiykum

I recently reverted to Islam. al-Hamdulillahi, and have just started to fast for Ramadan. One problem that I have is that my parents are very anti Islamic, and so I have decided not to tell them of my reversion. I'm also a university student and my parents will be taking me back to university soon and as such, they want me to have lunch after they have dropped me off. So now I'm in a bit of a situation. I'm fasting (which my parents dont know about) and I dont want to have to break my fast as I have made a commitment to Allah (swt). I'm getting very anxious about what I should do? My parents expect me to eat with them, and I dont know if I should just tell them that I am not hungry (in which case I would hate lying to them)
    I apologise if this is in the wrong section (or if my problem doesnt even make sense), but I could really use some advice.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: something is worrying me...

First off: congratulations on your reversion to Islam. Secondly; ramadhan mubarak - may Allah make your first ramadhan a truly blessful experience.

Thirdly; I would recommend you speak to your parents about your reversion to Islam - important matters such as these should be talked about with your family. If you feel this may cause more harm than good, at least consult your close friends or an imaam about the matter; the latter will be able to give you more beneficial answers than I or anyone on the internet can.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

Khadijah13's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you very much, Aamirsaab.

I will try to muster courage, but if I should fail, I'll ask some of my Muslim friends.

Ramadan Mubarak
    chat Quote

highway_trekker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the Deen sister and Ramadhaan Mubarak

I would say there is nothing to hide, you have made a big step and the best one Inshaa'Allaah. And at the end of the day you're parents will see that what you have accepted is only good for you and a means of benefit to you-Inshaa'Allaah. Its not easy to say the least, but pick the right moment. I think timing is really important but so is being able to be open and letting them know about your reversion. May Allaah give you strength and courage-aameen

...I wonder at the one who extends his right hand
    To his beloved at the time of seperation and he hastens therein!
    I felt weak and incapable of saying farewell when I saw him
    So my heart shook his hand whilst my eye wept....
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! something is worrying me... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. something is worrying me...