× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 66 visibility 6656

‘Da Vinci Code’ movie sparks controversy among Muslims

sonz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

A Calgary Muslim leader calls for a boycott of ‘Da Vinci Code’ movie, based on Dan Brown’s novel and expected to be released next week.

Sayed Soharwardy, president of the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada, who filed a Human Rights complaint against the Western Standard for reprinting the once published by Danish paper, cartoons ridiculing Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), published last month the first issue of the Muslim Free Press in the aftermath of the “Cartoon Affair” in an attempt to explain to non-Muslims how to respect and understand Muslim values.

Based on the controversial novel, "The Da Vinci Code" is generating lots of heat.

The movie would anger the Muslim world as it questions one of Islam’s most important prophets, Jesus Christ, Mr. Soharwardy told the Calgary Sun today.

“He’s part of my faith”, Soharwardy said “and deserves to be treated with honour and respect”.

The Da Vinci Code, dubbed as the most anticipated movie of the season, argues that the Catholic Church hid throughout history that Jesus had a child with Mary Magdalene and the ancient bloodline still exists.

It refers to Jesus’ “true” legacy as a fertility pagan cult.

A “few secular fanatics cannot undermine the high honours of Jesus Christ”, Soharwardy said in a press statement released last week, adding “it is time for Muslims to standby with Christian friends and express solidarity with Prophet Jesus Christ”.

Such movies “should not have been produced”, he said, adding that “if we don’t stand up to these movies, they’ll become more frequent”.

wwwislamicboardcom - ‘Da Vinci Code’ movie sparks controversy among Muslims
    Check out my userpage
    MY PAGE

RATE MY PAGE
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: ‘Da Vinci Code’ movie sparks controversy among Muslims

The Da Vinci Code, dubbed as the most anticipated movie of the season, argues that the Catholic Church hid throughout history that Jesus had a child with Mary Magdalene and the ancient bloodline still exists.
    It doesn't "argue" it at all. The book and movie are works of fiction, and uses that as a plot element, no more.

A “few secular fanatics cannot undermine the high honours of Jesus Christ”, Soharwardy said in a press statement released last week, adding “it is time for Muslims to standby with Christian friends and express solidarity with Prophet Jesus Christ”.
    I'm afraid it has very little to do with "secular fanatics" and far more to do with the fact the book made a truly vast amount of money, and it is expected the film will make a lot more.

Such movies “should not have been produced”, he said, adding that “if we don’t stand up to these movies, they’ll become more frequent”.
    The trouble with doing that, whether right or wrong, is that it is always counter-productive. If somebody kicks up a fuss, audience figures go through the roof just because people want to see what the fuss is all about. 'Da Vinci' will do very well anyway, but controversy pushed audiences of movies like 'The Last Temptation of Christ' and 'The Life of Brian' far higher than they would have been if everybody just kept quiet instead.
    chat Quote

root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is Bonce. We don't sit the Kids down here in Scotland and show them the film "Braveheart" as representative of Scottish history. I doubt the De-Vinci code will be used as factual in religous education.

The radicals need to lighten up a little. It's a hollywood MOVIE, not a representation of the truth.....
    chat Quote

bint_muhammed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    This is Bonce. We don't sit the Kids down here in Scotland and show them the film "Braveheart" as representative of Scottish history. I doubt the De-Vinci code will be used as factual in religous education.

The radicals need to lighten up a little. It's a hollywood MOVIE, not a representation of the truth.....
    it doesnt bloody matter if its a holywood movie ot doesnt give them a right to mock or discriminate religions. i think its good people kick up a fuss, dats the only way these people listen and understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney View Post
    it doesnt bloody matter if its a holywood movie ot doesnt give them a right to mock or discriminate religions. i think its good people kick up a fuss, dats the only way these people listen and understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i agree u sud, but i tink its happenin A LOT nowadays

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Originally Posted by ya_Giney
    it doesnt bloody matter if its a holywood movie ot doesnt give them a right to mock or discriminate religions.
    to coin a phrase out of "Braheheart"

fffreeeeeeeeeedoooommmmmmmm !
    chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

If someone filmed you and put it on T.V mocking you I doubt you'd have the same attitude.
    chat Quote

azim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's not a factual representation of history, but people will still believe it is.

The Da-Vinci code is just tabloid gossip on a Biblical scale.

I would say to Muslims that they should boycott the movie, not because of any social problems it will cause etc... but rather to be on the side of taqwa and not partake in what is just gossip against our Prophets; something that would probably help on the Day of Judgement.
    chat Quote

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslim should boycott it because it's slandering Jesus.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    Muslim should boycott it because it's slandering Jesus.
    I'm slightly confused about this whole matter. Surely it supports the idea that Jesus was just a man and not God, exactly what the Muslims have been saying for centuries? Why would saying that he had children be 'slander'? Is it slander simply because it is against Chruch doctrine?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are no accounts in the Koran that Jesus married and having children.
    chat Quote

bint_muhammed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

to coin a phrase out of "Braheheart"

fffreeeeeeeeeedoooommmmmmmm !
    so ya sayin people can go round bad mouthing one another!!!!!!!!!!
    chat Quote

Goku's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Prophet Jesus (PBUH) deserves respect and honour, like all the Prophets (PBUT)
    chat Quote

Maimunah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Prophet Jesus (PBUH) deserves respect and honour, like all the Prophets (PBUT)
    i agree with u bro
    wasalaam

رَبِّ ٱجۡعَلۡنِى مُقِيمَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِى*ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلۡ دُعَآءِ (٤٠) رَبَّنَا ٱغۡفِرۡ لِى وَلِوَٲلِدَىَّ وَلِلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ يَوۡمَ يَقُومُ ٱلۡحِسَابُ
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding View Post
    I'm slightly confused about this whole matter. Surely it supports the idea that Jesus was just a man and not God, exactly what the Muslims have been saying for centuries? Why would saying that he had children be 'slander'? Is it slander simply because it is against Chruch doctrine?
    Peace.

All because the Da Vinci code inadverntantly supports one Islamic teaching (Jesus was a man) it doesnt mean we should ignore the lies it puts against him.

My two main problems with the Da Vinci code are that 1)it lies, and pretends it's telling the truth and 2) its just a trashy airport novel that somehow got big. I'm someone who enjoys reading and I love language. English literature has some great books written, with meaning, a message, written sometimes with ingenious language and writing style. The Da Vinci code is none of the above. It's just got a story that intrigues humans. People are attracted to the Da Vinci code the same way they are attracted to stories about some girl down the street who did 'x' act with person 'n' and is now in prision for commiting 'k' crime. I.e. gossip.
    chat Quote

KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    There are no accounts in the Koran that Jesus married and having children.
    Right, so saying he is not God is not slander, while saying he is not God and had children is?

These religious sensitivities are sometimes hard to understand.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Right, so saying he is not God is not slander, while saying he is not God and had children is?

Peace. I'd say its the trivilisation of such an important figure for the sake of entertainment is where the 'sensitivities' lie. I'd say The Da Vinci code is slander because its baseless and geared towards making a big fuss rather than any fact based theory.
    chat Quote

anis_z24's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam,
    We say what we say, but even though we have no impact. The people who make these movies know about the truth, and they know we aren't doing anything about it thats why these kinds of movies will increase.
    chat Quote

searchingsoul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[QUOTE=Trumble;311781]

I'm afraid it has very little to do with "secular fanatics" and far more to do with the fact the book made a truly vast amount of money, and it is expected the film will make a lot more.
    QUOTE]

since it was hugely popular I think it's valid to suggest that there are lots of secular fanatics
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Koran says he's not God - No SLANDERING!

I'm speaking from Muslim perspective about Da Vinci Code, not from Christian view.kay:
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! ‘Da Vinci Code’ movie sparks controversy among Muslims Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. ‘Da Vinci Code’ movie sparks controversy among Muslims