× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 2136

How do you become good at writing stuff in your own words?

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

This year at uni I really struggled to translate textbooks into my own words for reports I used to very good at it, I don't know what happened, is there any method to accuire this skill? I used to be very proficient at relaying information in my own words, I don't know what's caused me to find it hard now. :s

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How do you become good at writing stuff in your own words?

format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen View Post
    This year at uni I really struggled to translate textbooks into my own words for reports I used to very good at it, I don't know what happened, is there any method to accuire this skill? I used to be very proficient at relaying information in my own words, I don't know what's caused me to find it hard now. :s
    Lack of inspiration I think. In order to write, one needs to have that urge, that insight and understanding or conviction....

Perhaps developing a passion and interest in what you want to translate could help you overcome this block.

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post

Lack of inspiration I think. In order to write, one needs to have that urge, that insight and understanding or conviction....

Perhaps developing a passion and interest in what you want to translate could help you overcome this block.

Gosh you're right, that never occurred to me, I do lack passion and interest in my subjects. I just can't get interested in it for some reason, but it's not just with uni, I have become that way with life in general, nothing interests me. Everything seems boring.
    Last edited by Salahudeen; 05-11-2011 at 11:25 PM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^Maybe that's just a phase you're going through (hopefully). I think we feel like that at some point.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Read it and sleep on it, it will come to you.. I know it sounds crazy but I have solved many problems including technical ones that way.. like plumbing-- when my mom would send me to do a dirty job and I am not quit sure how to fix things, I look at all the pieces and then tell myself it will come to me when I wake up, walahi it has never failed so far, and I can't explain it scientifically other than to just relax your senses and let the imaginative rather than the executive part of your brain take control ...

let me know if it works I was always curious if this method works for other people as well?

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - How do you become good at writing stuff in your own words?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have become that way with life in general, nothing interests me. Everything seems boring.

Assalamu Alaikum brother,

Maybe it's time to get married, you need love in your life.
    Masalam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan View Post
    rofl.

Brother, you don't know this but Salahudeen is among 3 folks in here who dread the thought of marriage.

I've tried and tried and tried and tried......tried to convince them that it's a beautiful thing.......but they're just too scared. lol.

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post

rofl.

Brother, you don't know this but Salahudeen is among 3 folks in here who dread the thought of marriage.

I've tried and tried and tried and tried......tried to convince them that it's a beautiful thing.......but they're just too scared. lol.

I think you have the wrong person sister, I don't ever recall having such a conversation with you. On the contrary, marriage is a beautifull union, of two people devoting their lifes to each other and God.

format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum brother,

Masalam
    Maybe you're right, just not ready atm though. In another year insha'Allah.
    Last edited by Salahudeen; 05-12-2011 at 12:42 AM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Maybe you're right, just not ready atm though. In another year insha'Allah.

Assalamu Alaikum Brother,

Then you should start visiting Fathers and meeting families a year is only 12 months and 52 weeks not much time left, you don't want to wait till the last moment, that wont impress your future father in law.
    Fathers like time to adjust to things. Believe me it took me years to get used to my son in law.
    I still have half a dozen to go. If you not sure, do Salatul Istikhara and if that does not get results, come back and I will scare you with Ahadith about those who don't marry.
    Another good technique to marry quickly is to announce that you never going to marry, in no time you're married.
    Believe me I said it and meant it and there I was married, failed as a Christian husband, then said never again and married as an Atheist vowed to remain single and finally made it as a Muslim husband 28 years Alhamdulillah.

Inshallah I'll be waiting for my invitation.
    Best wishes
    Masalam

PS: I'm hoping this post does not make you uncomfortable, it's between jest and serious. I'm not sure though if there is much Jest.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I just can't get interested in it for some reason, but it's not just with uni, I have become that way with life in general, nothing interests me. Everything seems boring.
    Life gets boring when you have no purpose or goal. Aim for a lofty goal and the passion will come.....depending on how strongly you feel about your goal.

chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! How do you become good at writing stuff in your own words? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How do you become good at writing stuff in your own words?