× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11 visibility 3067

Let's Prepare for Ramadan from Now

Abu Zainab's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

We still have a month and a half for Ramadan. If we do not prepare for this blessed month from before we will be lazy and miss a lot of reward. IMHO we should at least start with:

1. Fast some days of Rajab and Shaban (specially Mondays and Thursdays) if possible.

2. Try to pray more and more nawaafil.

3. Try our best to finish one full recitation of the Quran before Ramadan.

On an average it takes about 30-40 minutes to finish one juz'. That means 6-8 minutes of recitation with each salah and we can finish one juz' a day. If that is difficult we can divide it into three sessions per day which is also easy inshallaah.

This will prepare us inshallaah to do better this Ramadan. May Allaah guide us all to worship Him in the best manner.

رَضِيتُ بالله رَباً, و بالإسلاَمِ دِيناً, وبمُحَمَّدٍ نَبِياًّ

I am pleased with Allaah as my Lord, with Islaam as my religion and Muhammad (sallalaahu alaihi wasallam) as my prophet.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Let's Prepare for Ramadan from Now

my mums already preparing the food....

33 43 1 - Let's Prepare for Ramadan from Now
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A good thread. I want to make sure that I make the most out of this month. I have rarely gone for taraweehs in the last few years of my life ... I feel really unaccomplished in this regards of my religious requirements ... I dont wake up at night to beg Allah .... so much remains to do and dont even know when death can overtake me.

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    my mums already preparing the food....
    lol, my mum prepares a load of samosas and spring rolls to last us the month.

inshallah we need to train ourseleves to get up earlier, move time around in our "busy" schedules from now to make more room for ibaadah

time for operation ninja Islam
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Can't wait brothers, have lots of good deeds to earn and lots of tawbah to make.

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

Misz_Muslimah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ☆⌒ღ SuBHaNALlaH ღ⌒☆
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah (swt) make us all benefit from all the rewards available this Ramadhan inshallah..ameen

There is a blessing in trials...
    ...they are a means of purifying you, so you can go to the most purest place:

Jannah

chat Quote

'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
    A good thread. I want to make sure that I make the most out of this month. I have rarely gone for taraweehs in the last few years of my life ... I feel really unaccomplished in this regards of my religious requirements ... I dont wake up at night to beg Allah .... so much remains to do and dont even know when death can overtake me.
    One pessimist person I know in this forum.

P.S. No offense intended or meant.
    chat Quote

'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab View Post
    2. Try to pray more and more nawaafil.
    I must try to pray fardh otherwise I will lose taraweeh....Without namaaz, Recitation of Qur'an and taraweeh, ramdan is just like a month of starvation. I need to train myself to take the most of this month, atleast this year.
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aslaamu alaaykum. . .

Alhamdulilaah the month is almost back with us, the thing is when Ramadhaan leaves us it feels soo upsetting almost like someone is leaving us. . .

But yeah we should prepare now, as far as i know the Sahabas would prepare 6 months before but i dont have refs sorry i apologise

We must not eat soo much coz at the time of Taraweeh as salaah we get tired in the first Rakaah so eat as much that is required for the body and that we do not over load our selves (not that i do )and not be able to move from here to there or there to here indeedy

And Jazakallahu Khaayr for the Reminder as it indeed is beneficial and Indeed for you shall suceed People of the Dunya!

Wa Alaaykum Salaam
    Last edited by Ğħαrєєвαħ; 06-29-2010 at 05:59 PM.

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

continued....

4. Lets do istighfaar and sincere tawbah a lot. Actually in this age of fitnah we should make a habit of praying two raka'ahs everyday and ask for forgiveness.

This will give us the energy and motivation to do more good deeds. When you are trying your best to keep away from sins and doing regular istighfaar and tawbah you feel a kind of happiness within yourself that has no equal. The feeling is amazing and you have a clear mind. You can make better and wiser decisions. And Allaah says in surahs Hood and Nooh that he will send rain and increase wealth and give strength upon strength to us if we ask for forgiveness and do sincere tawbah.

Imagine if we welcome Ramadan with this feeling...feeling of khushho' and eagerness to do more and more worship. May Allaah make it easy for all of us. Aameen

I am pleased with Allaah as my Lord, with Islaam as my religion and Muhammad (sallalaahu alaihi wasallam) as my prophet.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! Let's Prepare for Ramadan from Now Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Let's Prepare for Ramadan from Now