star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ready for Marriage

Report bad ads?

Salam, I am a female muslim about half way done with university and I strongly desire to get married soon. Because of this, I feel I am ready to start looking. However, my parents keep brushing this off when I try to tell them I would like them to help me find someone, claiming I'm not ready and we can start looking after college graduation in a few years. This is very frustrating to me and I dont know what to do. Please advise.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    mnbv95's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ready for marriage but....

Salam, I am a female muslim about half way done with university and I strongly desire to get married soon. Because of this, I feel I am ready to start looking. However, my parents keep brushing this off when I try to tell them I would like them to help me find someone, claiming I'm not ready and we can start looking after college graduation in a few years. This is very frustrating to me and I dont know what to do. Please advise.
    chat Quote

strivingobserver98's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Ready for Marriage

sister.

Welcome to the forum, this place will benefit you.

Did you just bring up topic of marriage lightly or did you let your parents know how your feeling aswell?

Some brothers I knew their parents were also against it at the start. But they explained well and gave them reasons of why they need to get married and why it's beneficial. The brothers brought up the topic every month then every week and so on. At the end they were happily married . Persistence and Communication is key.
    Last edited by strivingobserver98; 10-25-2015 at 12:54 AM.
    | Likes Umm Abed liked this post
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Ready for Marriage Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Ready for Marriage