star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Please help me...

Report bad ads?

I have come here today to seek your help in strengthening my faith and Iman..

I want to become very religious and pious and be on the right path and do everything with the right intention...

I Have been praying Ma'shallah 5 times a day and not missing a prayer however sometimes I notice that I am just merely doing the actions however I do not want to be just doing the actions, I want there to be a more spiritual connection...

I really like praying and revolving my life around islam, I even find that I go out of my way to catch a prayer in congregation when at school or outside...

However, I must mention that although I am seeking my faith and getting more involved in it I still have an underlying desire to gain success in this dunya.. I have this feeling that I want to become successful, have money and travel.. (who doesn't?) but I feel my intention is not right, that my intention is to gain the material wealth for my own purpose...ie. to live a better life...

but That is not entirely true, however, for example, if given a lot of wealth and prosperity my intentions are only to do good things with the money, ie, paying zakat or donating to mosques etc. ofcourse I do wish to buy a nice car and stuff but then again, who doesnt?

I guess I'm just ranting on here to say that I really want to become a better muslim, strengthen my faith and just become more concious in my prayer..

please make dua for me that I may be guided to the right path inshallah
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Please help me...

format_quote Originally Posted by syed1 View Post
    I have come here today to seek your help in strengthening my faith and Iman..

If you really wish to strengthen your faith and iman,

1. be prepared for what comes with increased faith: Hardships, difficulties and great trials.

2. open your eyes, look around you, think and reflect on the human condition.

3. strive to understand the Qur'an and in that striving, learn to be patient with yourself, for the acquistion of knowledge takes time, effort, hard work and struggle.

4. read the biography of the Prophet (saws) and the lives of the sahabah. Marvel at how they endured the trials that Allah sent upon them. Derive inspiration from their great acts of courage and self-sacrifice.

5. think of all the things that Allah has given you, right from the morsel of food you put in your mouth, the air you breathe in every second, the water you drink, the mother who take care of you since your infancy....

Just a few tips.

Hope it helps.
    Please help me...

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am just merely doing the actions
    Yes everyone does.. Just today I was thinking of starting a thread about the benefits of prayers.. sometimes even when I make tahjjud it feels like lip service and I quit it in the middle because I feel it won't be accepted.. but think of how generous and patient Allah swt is with us that he gives us a chance to renew and perfect everyday even more..

Every time you think you were distracted and your salaat will be thrown in your face, Allah swt gives you another chance to wash away your sins and start a new.. doesn't every shower you take wash you from dirt and the troubles of the day if at the end or put a distant between you and dirt in the beginning.. so is salaat.. it washes over your soul, your sins, your previous less the stellar performance..

I never had the chances with humans you know.. and I have done alot in my life, doctorate and masters, people have only ever focused on time I took off for bereavement on a dead fiance or a failure on my record or a less than stellar performance, they close the door even though in adversity one gains humility and experience and success .. in Islam even if you read the Quran not in the most melodious way you get twice the reward of the one who recites beautifully.. How generous is Allah swt?

So don't feel bad but continue doing it and make sure you mention me to your lord, may he mention you in an assembly that is better..

Jazaka Allah khyran

Please help me...

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Please help me...

chat Quote

syed1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll View Post
    I never had the chances with humans you know.
    never had the chance with humans for what?

I have done alot in my life, doctorate and masters,
    really you have a doctorate and masters , thats amazing mashallah!

format_quote Originally Posted by Riham View Post
    read the biography of the Prophet (saws) and the lives of the sahabah. Marvel at how they endured the trials that Allah sent upon them. Derive inspiration from their great acts of courage and self-sacrifice.
    I have been intending to read the bio, and just in general to read about the life of the prophet but have been procastinating, INshallah I will start reading tonight!

So don't feel bad but continue doing it and make sure you mention me to your lord, may he mention you in an assembly that is better
    please clarify, do you mean make dua for you? how does it really work if I don't personally know you.. should I use your username bluebell?
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

never had the chance with humans for what?

really you have a doctorate and masters , thats amazing mashallah!

I have been intending to read the bio, and just in general to read about the life of the prophet but have been procastinating, INshallah I will start reading tonight!

please clarify, do you mean make dua for you? how does it really work if I don't personally know you.. should I use your username bluebell?
    akhi you're funny..
    a 'chance with humans' means that when you ask a human being for anything, favor or a job or whatever, they generally make you feel bad about it, they focus on your flaws in lieu of your accolades with God it is the opposite.. God loves that you should repent, start anew or try harder & gives you multiple opportunities to do so so long as there is life.
    as for the last part you make du3a whichever way you like-- I usually like du3a from the Quran and I specify to brothers & sisters in need on the forum or whatever or the ummah at large ..

look at how this sheikh makes du3a for Egypt & Egyptians during their revolt.. sob7an Allah, it gave me goose pimples..

God knows your heart and who you intend so you don't need to over-complicate it..

Please help me...

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Please help me...

chat Quote

Ali_008's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    - I Love You Allah -
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The feeling of not performing prayers is with all of us. We all have that problem. Don't worry about it. Rather take it as a challenge to perform better next time and don't stop till you reach that perfection, inshAllah.

And another very weird observation I've made in my time that money and Islam are incompatible. People think that if you'll be rich, you'll be doomed and seeking the dunya is a S-I-N. Whenever I hear this, I think of 3 people - Abu Bakr, Umar and Usman (RadhiAllahu Anhum). They were really rich people, possibly the richest in Makkah yet they were humble and among those Sahaba that were guaranteed paradise. Don't think money will demean your faith, use it properly and follow the example of our first 3 caliphs.

May Allah make all of us as virtuous as them. Ameen.
    | Likes جوري liked this post
    Please help me...

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allah (Alone) let believers put their trust.
    Surah Ale Imran : 160

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
    The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) climbed up Uhud, accompanied by Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan, and the mountain shook with them. He struck it with his foot and said: “Stand firm, O Uhud, for there is no one on you but a Prophet or a Siddeeq or two martyrs.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3483)

Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Taala) does not inspire seeking forgiveness in a slave whom he wishes to punish.
    Ali (RadhiAllahu Anhu)
    chat Quote

syed1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

look at how this sheikh makes du3a for Egypt & Egyptians during their revolt.. sob7an Allah, it gave me goose pimples..
    yes, I get the same feeling.. Sometimes I wish I knew arabic so that I could feel more emotional to what the person is saying. it would dramatically help in strengthening my faith
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! Please help me... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Please help me...