× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 2079

An Afghan Kid... :(

Al_Imaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

An Afghan Kid

Written by Mohammad Fahim Khairy
    Tuesday, 08 May 2007

My father wished for his son not to be poor like him. Today I am grown but he is not alive to see me. I search all day to find a loaf of bread to feed my hungry mother. Sometimes the street kids beat me up and sometimes the bigger boys take my bread. When I go to collect wood from the garden in my village I am constantly afraid that I will step on a landmine. My older brother is now one-legged because he was not as lucky as I have been in avoiding the landmines. He stays home because he does not have a prosthetic leg to walk with. When I go the main road, the Commanders’ vehicles are going so fast that they send the dirt from the ground flying everywhere. The dust burns my eyes. I thought the foreigners would help us. I see them everywhere; some are armed soldier, some are non-military aid workers. I see people having lunch inside restaurants. I can smell the food. If I come too close to the diners, the waiter kicks me and says, “Go away, orphan b*****d!” The Commanders’ cars are parking at the market. They take their children shopping.

Their Land Cruisers are so big and high. I can’t even reach the windows to ask them for money. My feed hurt a lot because I don’t have shoes. I can not protect my feet from the broken glasses that are on the path. I am only a kid but I see myself as a father. I feel responsible for my sick mother and my disabled brother. I wish I was born into a rich family where no one is sick. I see the rich kids as they enjoy every moment of their life. Their fathers are commanders, ministers, and politicians. They ride bicycles and dress accordingly for each season. I have only one turban. I cannot even wash it because I have nothing else to wear while it dries. If I don’t find bread I sleep hungry.

I wish my dad was still alive. At least I would then be able to go to school instead of having to beg everyday. I live in a different world. A world where nobody cares. I don’t know anything but War! War! War!

wwwislamicboardcom - An Afghan Kid... :(
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    AmarFaisal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: An Afghan Kid... :(

very touching, and painful to read!

http://www.islamicboard.com/signaturepics/sigpic10270_1.gif
    I feel I've lost a thousand years,just living day by day.I'm hidden behind the pain and tears,my sorrow guides the way. By Jamie Pace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah help the oppressed and the helpless, and send His soldiers to their Aide. ameen
    chat Quote

*~Sofia~*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam sis,
    Jazakallah for posting this, it jus goes to show how lucky we all are, yet we take food, shoes, family etc all for granted. it makes us all appreciate the smaller things in life, which make a huge difference.
    let us all pray to Allah for all our brothers and sisters out there who are not as lucky as us.
    Ameen to the brothers du'a above.

wasalam
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salamualikum

Om... for once when i read the title and saw 'Afghan' i was like oh no my Gangster up to sumet again, but the saw this '' i was like nah can't be. Opened it and lost breath was wordless! subhnallah we just take thing for granted! We fuss soo much and still never thank allah subhwnatallah for what we have! :'(
    Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

Ghira's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah (swt) help the children of Afghanistan and bring about stability in the country.

The Prophet (saw) said "Look at those people who have less than you and never look at those who have more grants than you, this will ensure that you will not be ungrateful towards Allah's favors."

So reading your story I am more grateful towards what Allah has given me. I encourage others to look at these examples and thank Allah through words and actions.

The solution to these problems can be found in this hadith of the Prophet (saw)...

Prophet (saw) said "When you deal in 'eenah (a transaction involving usury), take hold of the tails of cows, become content with agriculture and abandon jihaad in the path of Allaah, then Allaah will permit your humiliation and He will not remove it from you, until you return to your Religion."

That is the solution and until we don't do the above we will continue to be humiliated by the kaafirs.
    chat Quote

Al_Imaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal View Post
    Salamualikum

Om... for once when i read the title and saw 'Afghan' i was like oh no my Gangster up to sumet again, but the saw this '' i was like nah can't be. Opened it and lost breath was wordless! subhnallah we just take thing for granted! We fuss soo much and still never thank allah subhwnatallah for what we have! :'(
    Ma'assalama
    ur ganster?...lol ....when was i ever up to anything:X ......truly is sad and touching...there's soooo much more ppl that go through this everyday ...May Allah(swt) give them sabr and have mercy on them..

wwwislamicboardcom - An Afghan Kid... :(
    chat Quote

.:Umniyah:.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786 View Post

ur ganster?...lol ....when was i ever up to anything:X ......truly is sad and touching...there's soooo much more ppl that go through this everyday ...May Allah(swt) give them sabr and have mercy on them..
    Ameen thumma Ameen.

The Creator الْخَالِقُ The Makerالْبَارِئُ The Fashionerالْمُصَوِّرُ

bannere0012 1 - An Afghan Kid... :(

:enough!: Getting entirely fed up with the foolishness :enough!:
    chat Quote

Khayal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I wish I could do everything for them.......May Allaah Subhana Wa Ta'aala ease their problems, remove the hurdle from their way, help them to win their rights, InshaAllaah ......Aameen

Even a Smile is charity!

Indiana20singingJPG 1 - An Afghan Kid... :(

khayal 2 - An Afghan Kid... :(

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Re: An Afghan Kid... :(

format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786 View Post

Salamualikum.
    Gangster = Homies .
    Indeed very touching.
    Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! An Afghan Kid... :( Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. An Afghan Kid... :(