star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Moderators Double Standards

Report bad ads?

I have noticed a disturbing trend in these forums. when a couple of members get into heated discussion, many times when one or both lack the intellectual ability to respond with anything other than name calling (I have been guilty of this myself, ). The job of the moderators when this happens is to issue warnings and keep things civil.
    The problem is, there appears to be sometimes(not all the time) quick scolding and warnings issued to non-muslims, while leniency to muslim users. I have no problem with recieving a warning if I am rude, but then in the same thread to observe others saying much worse without warning, that seems unacceptable. I recieved a warning for calling another member "Mr.Assumes Too Much", which is not nice but not near as bad as other stuff that was overlooked. I have watched others call people retards, stupid, dummy, dirty filthy kafirs, moron, idiot, and much more. I have watched as non-muslims recieved warnings while in the very same thread the muslim member did not. I know that moderators do not always see all posts, but in many threads moderators are posting in the thread while the insults are flying.
    Fair is fair, and in the interest of open discussion and to encourage people to discuss freely, all members should be warned when insulting others. If a member feels that they may be insulted, they are more likely to not say what they really want to say, or not ask the question they really want to ask. The end result is some will walk away feeling that islam is not something that they can freely open up to.
    No insult was intended here, just something for moderators to consider. Perhaps members, both muslim and non-muslim could try to not be rude to each other as well. Peace to all.

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Moderators Double Standards

Members can only view their own warnings. You say we do not issue warnings to the Muslim members? You're wrong, and there is no way of you knowing this either. Also if you object to members post or find them to be rude/insulting by all means use the 'report a post' function.

Those posts which were reported were dealth with, Muslim members do get warned too.
    Last edited by Far7an; 02-19-2006 at 09:48 PM.

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by malsidab View Post
    Perhaps members, both muslim and non-muslim could try to not be rude to each other as well. Peace to all.
    Agreed.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

Takumi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by malsidab View Post
    I have noticed a disturbing trend in these forums. when a couple of members get into heated discussion, many times when one or both lack the intellectual ability to respond with anything other than name calling (I have been guilty of this myself, )......deleted in interest of space
    We shouldn't publicize whom we warned. It's embarassing for the member.

I didn't know that you were warned until you disclosed it.

I report bad, personally insulting posts from muslims or non muslims. I love the red box.

Everyone should read the HNTBTE thread. It has good tips on how to be nice.

Takumi Nakashima
    WattaquLlah(a) wa yu'allimukumuLlah(u)
    (Be Mindful of Allah and He will teach you)

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was not aware of this, my apologies. I saw a warning to another member before, it said specifically "this member has been warned for violating rule #...and post has been deleted" or something like that. I had been watching the thread develop and did not see the same warning issued to the other member.
    Anyway, I accept that usually we are not made aware of other members warnings (I 'assume' that "Mr.Assumes Too Much" must also have recieved a warning), and withdraw my statement. Peace to all.

8. Hide
Hey there! Moderators Double Standards Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Moderators Double Standards