× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 39 visibility 6262

Finally we chose conventional treatment for cancer

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I make title like that because my first idea was making a post in thread "CANCER:Conventional Treatment vs Alternative (Natural) Treatment", and "we" are me and my wife who is breast cancer survivor.

Yes, finally we chose conventional treatment for my wife. She took alternative treatment for around 9 months, but it didn't works. Even later the cancer attacked her backbone.

She got surgery in december 2010, and 6 chemoteraphies to cure her breast cancer. Now she is still in chemoteraphy to cure her backbone.

I am sorry if I never told about it, I didn't know why I always doubt to tell. But now I think It's better I make this thread, and we can share something.
    | Likes Qurratul Ayn, Scimitar liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Finally we chose conventional treatment for cancer

May Allah SWT give your wife complete syifa. ameen
    Mudah2an kesabaran mas ardianto dan istri mendapat balasan yang berlimpah dari Allah.
    Last edited by Ramadhan; 08-15-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    chat Quote

gladTidings's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Im sorry to hear about that. May Allah grant her health and patience...inshAllah she will recover on her current therapy. I hope Allah swt makes the journey easier for you and your family.

....If thou knowest not thy God, thou art a slave of men;
    And if thou dost, thy slaves are kings and potentates.
    The heart’s freedom is kingly; its slavery is death,
    It is for thee to decide — to be a king or a slave.
    [Baal-e-Jibreel, Allama Iqbal 1935]
    chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

May Allaah (swt) give your wife complete shifaa and leave no trace of illness, Aameen!

Don't forget spiritual treatment too - reciting Qur'an and du'as for treating sickness.
    | Likes Snowflake liked this post

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah swt give her complete shifa'a ameen ya rabb.. There was a thread here about conventional vs. alternative RX and I think the choice should be obvious. cancer RX shouldn't be delayed obviously chances are better for remission at an early stage than a late stage. I can no longer find that thread but I pity the fellow who gave folks such dishonest and untrained advise seeing that some people opt for such quackery based on quack advise. There is a science to this and years of dedication and study. I am sorry but people who aren't professionals in the field shouldn't be dispensing with advise and I pray to God that people check with the professionals before opting for such shady routes..

May Allah swt grant you sabr and your wife a speedy recovery.. pls. akhi keep us updated on her condition..

| Likes ~Zaria~ liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Finally we chose conventional treatment for cancer

chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

may Allah grants what is best for her hereafter ; may Allah gives u 2 patience .

bro , pl. remember :

Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope 2:286

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I ask Allah, Lord of the Magnificent Throne, to cure your wife, ameen.

dua148forthesick 1 - Finally we chose conventional treatment for cancer

Keep reading this du3a for your wife, but with a ki at the end instead of ka, seven times each time you read it.

I'm sorry to hear the cancer has spread, and pray that the chemotherapy will cure and remove all traces of it.

Cancer is an aggressive disease, and as such demands equally aggressive measures to combat it.

Until such time as alternative treatments are shown in placebo controlled randomised double blind trials to be significantly effective, holistic support, if used, should be used alongside conventional treatment, but not on it's own. This means that the conventional treatment will start working right away, helping to control the cancer (and possibly prevent it's spread) while the holistic may help the body to heal, to be healthier, to give the body a better defence, and lead to a healthier future.

Physical (diet, lifestyle) and emotional support can help general well-being. There are some reputable organisations in the UK (you will need to check for Indonesia though) who's mission is to offer an approach to cancer which involves not only medical treatment but also care for the body, mind, emotions and spirit. But they do not offer this to the exclusion of conventional treatment, but alongside, as they themselves recognise that there are no convincing trials as yet that warrant it. The only exception being those who are told that conventional treatment cannot do anything for them, in which case they make it clear that all they are doing is good for the body, but won't stop the disease, or in people who refuse conventional treatment. But you do have to make sure that they work alongside your oncologist, so that nothing that they advise will interfere adversely with the chemotherapy or other treatment that he/she is administering, in any way.

I will keep your wife in my du3as, inshaa'Allah.

Last edited by Insaanah; 08-16-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    | Likes Snowflake liked this post

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is what my aunt does after her breasts taken out because of cancer 10 years ago:
    - she doesn't eat any processed food (that means no canned food, no instant noodles - yes that means no indomie or mie sedaaaap
    - she doesn't eat food prepared with preservatives, flavor enhancers (msg), and any other chemicals
    - she very rarely eat meat
    - she also very rarely eat fried food and she avoid eating street food or restaurant food for that matter and very careful when buying veggies (many farmers in Indonesia are still using banned pesticides/insecticides)
    - she has routine exercise

She is now 55 yo and is very healthy for woman at her age and the cancer cells have not gone back alhamdulillah.

It is clear that the number of cancer cases increasing so rapipdly in the past few decades is triggered by environment (pollution) and processed food as well as modern lifestyles, and as sis. Insanaah has mentioned in her post, the holistic approach is needed to make our body healthy during and after the conventional treatment is administered.

May Allah SWT grant your wife complete and immediate syifa. ameen3x ya robbi al ameen.
    | Likes Snowflake, Salahudeen, 'Abd Al-Maajid liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by member X View Post

Sis, if only you were informed about these alternative treatments, then you would not say that. Instead of pitying that person, perhaps you should meet some professional doctors who are successfully treating cancer via alternative treatments, and study those treatments and see the results for yourselves, before you decide whether it is quackery.

You have been taught to believe and treat with drugs – but, drugs are not a cure doctor - they are a symptom suppressor. To cure, one needs to treat the body as a whole entity and not as individual compartments. This means, if one limb/organ (compartment) gets cancer, the whole body needs treating, not just that one limb.

The thread in Q was merely a discussion; it was not an advice.

You don't know how drugs work to comment on whether or not they're symptom suppressor or otherwise. Also a doctor is someone who goes through formal schooling and training and is licensed to practice medicine not a quack who works with herbs!

This is precisely what I am talking about. Pls. fear Allah that someone might be taking your very ill advise with regards to treatment and instead of tackling what could be a low score TNM that can be remedied or at least put into remission they end up with a stage four with multiple nodal involvement in multiple organ system metastasis!
    | Likes Muezzin, Salahudeen liked this post

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Finally we chose conventional treatment for cancer

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My mother is also a breast cancer survivor. A few months ago, she was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer and had to undergo surgery and subsequent treatment. Everything went smoothly and she's now taking medication for the next 5 years to ensure that the tumor cells do not regenerate.

When she called me to tell me, I didn't know what to do. It hit me for the first time in my life that my parents won't be around forever, and it wasn't easy to deal with. I'm not ready to be on my own just yet. I was also going through some things in my own life at the time with my soul-searching and medical issues of my own, and I was emotionally overloaded.

I had to take a couple of steps back and clear my head for a few days before I returned to my regular life.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sister, there are various types of medicine out there. There is herbal medicine, there is homeopathic medicine, there is Chinese medicine, there is naturopathic medicine etc. Each person who qualifies in them is a doctor in their own field. Just because they are not doctors who treat with drugs, does not mean they are all quacks. I’m sorry, but that is a very unfair and narrow minded way of looking at things.

None which has proven in head to head studies to offer remote benefits. It has a placebo effect on people, no more no less!
    I have already listed in the other thread a number of so-called 'natural' remedies which have proven to cause everything from seratonin syndrome, to cancer to death.. not to mention a host of unsafe interactions with prescribed medications that go unreported when sold by quacks since there are no clinical trials or double blind tests to showcase their efficacy!

These people have also been through formal schooling and training and are licensed to practice medicine. Infact, some if not many of these dedicated people are trained medical doctors who have been to the conventional medical schools. The only difference is, they went further in their studies and qualified in homeopathy and nutrition and many other alternative treatments also. Dr. Brian Clement, Im not sure if you have heard of him is one of these people may God bless him. He has a health retreat in florida called Hippocrates, and him and his team have been working with cancer patients for years, and they have been successful in their alternative therapies with the help of Allaah.
    We then call them nutritionists and dietitians they work along side doctors like spiritual chaplains that they bring to ensure spiritual, nutritional as well the medical well being of the patient!

[
    Theseare qualified people ukhtee, who have come to the realisation that drugs are not the answer to everything, and that true healing comes by removing the harm first, and understanding the body. You may think its all quack, but their new and advanced approach to cancer makes
    This is an emotive piece that has no relevance!
    much more sense than what the conventional schools teaches. It is also in accordance with the Medicine of the Prophet which teaches the same principles of health. Allaah has cured many terminally ill cancer patients at their hands, people who were told by conventional medical docs that they had only months to live. I spoke to one myself, a living example
    And when I am sick, then He restores me to health” (Quran 26:80) indeed Allah swt provides the cure, Allah swt has also blessed us with science .. why reach for quackery when we have experimentation why go for empiricism over an actual science. I am tired of repeating myself because you just want to assert your point. Consider that saving a human life is more important than you asserting yourself simply because you feel strongly about something that you don't know much about. There is a reason why Medicine is 8 years of theoretical science followed by a residency where one puts both research and science to practice. Nothing else offers that. Word of mouth and 'long time practice' doesn't counteract the lack of common sense!

People have a right to know that there are other options out there. They shouldn’t be forced into chemotherapy as their only option, to suit the interests of a money making drug industry.
    My intentions are not to argue with you ukhtee. This is not about defending what you have been taught or what I have been taught, it’s about being open minded enough to look for better approaches to cancer as well as other diseases. Perhaps if you will consider them, you will find that there is truth in them.

That’s all I have to say. May Allaah be with you.
    Neither Medicine nor doctors 'FORCE' treatment on anyone. It gives them an educated reason to choose this or that and forgo all together if they so choose it respects their autonomy further 'chemo' isn't the only option if you actually studied Medicine and pharmacology you'd have come to know that!

We've a number of sisters on board who are pharmacists and can go into details as to options. I am not down on nutrition or cupping as an adjunct but it is certainly not treatment by itself!

Last edited by جوري; 08-16-2011 at 07:53 PM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you very much bro Ramadhan, sis Pearl, bro Muhammad, sis Vale Lily, sis Muslim Woman, (bro? sis?) Member X, sis Insaanah, bro King of Nines. Jazak Allah Khayran.

@Bro Muhammad
    Alhamdulillah, my wife got speed recovery. Doctors said It's miracle, but I beleive it's caused by dua from everyone who love my wife, including my mommy who perform tahajud almost every night before she passed away last year.

@sis Insaanah
    InshaAllah, I will always read that dua.

@Bro Ramadhan
    Yes, my wife now not allowed to eat foods that contain preservatives, and also not allowed to eat broiler chicken because it injected by hormone.

@bro King of Nines
    May Allah give speed recovery to your mother. In this situation she needs love and careness from you and people around her.
    | Likes Snowflake, جوري liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can't say alternative treatment doesn't works for cancer. It can be works as long as it provided by people who know about medic. But in reality there are many alternative treatment that provided by people without medical knowledge, even there are many alternative medical treatment that actually irrational.

I have learned some lessons from trial that happened to my family. One of these is, breast cancer is scary disease for women because maybe they will lose one or even all of their breasts. This is one reason why some (or maybe many) women prefer to choose alternative treatment. Lost breast would becomes a nightmare, especially for unmarried girls. But for married women maybe not so hard because usually their husbands can accept it. My wife had lost her left breast, but it didn't give any negative effect for my love to her, even now I love her more than before she got this disease. My wife often talked with other patients who are married women and had lost their breasts too, and she found their husbands still love them.

And like sister Insaanah said, cancer is aggressive disease that attack organs very fast. If the patients received treatment too late, it will attack other organs. My wife backbone had been attacked. But according to my wife, other patients were attacked in their other organs such as skin or lung. And I have heard many breast cancer cases which ended with death.

Also I heard many people say that chemotherapy is same like injecting the patient with poison, but I think it's not really true. Chemotherapy is same like other medicine, it use drug that injected to the patient body. It's normal if the patient lost her hair. My wife lost her hair too, but not so long her her hair start to grow again.

@ Member X
    Like I said, I can't say alternative treatment doesn't work. But I hope you understand, I just want to save my wife.

The first place that we have visited was a clinic that provide Ibn Sina medical treatment, because my wife didn't want to take conventional treatment. But we were so shocked when we knew it cost, few times bigger than conventional treatment. Actually I don't care about cost, but in that time I really didn't have cash money in that amount.

Then we took Chinese alternative treatment, but after we found it didn't works we moved to an avasinologist doctor, he is a religious Muslim. Although this doctor said we came too late he tried to give my wife avasin therapy that combined with herbal medicine. However, after the cancer started to attack my wife backbone, this doctor recommend us to go to the hospital soon.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I’m aware that there are other options within the conventional field (I mentioned some before too), but, you’ve misunderstood me. What was meant was, patients need to be given a well informed choice of options between alternative and conventional, because both have their success rate - both work.
    wa3lykoum asalaam wr wb

Patients are given all the available research and peer reviewed literature and clinical trials out to make an informed decision, if they desire 'alternate' treatment, then they're most welcome to receive it. Unfortunately there's not enough research done on 'alternate' treatment and the only thing that prompts it in the medical community is when disastrous outcomes ensue to taking an 'herb' along side an FDA approved drug!
    The alternative folks need to get organized and run clinical trials, double blind studies etc. but then that would cost them a fortune to submit trials, to experiment, to write reviews to have them peer reviewed they might as well join the scientific community?

Please understand that the knowledge we are taught at school is not the only knowledge. Drugs, radiation etc are not the only thing you can treat someone by. Allah has put a cure in many other things too. If we were to have that one-sided outlook and rigidly stick to an academic syllabus, not only would we be depriving ourselves but we would also be depriving our patients.
    Allah swt is the cure in all cases, and he has given us the means and the scientific ways to ensure that we provide the best and the latest. The only thing we'd 'deprive' ourselves of, are quacks and time wasted that can be better utilized putting potentially disastrous consequences into remission early on. I am actually very open minded not rigid at all. It is a matter of not wasting time on nonsense, since everything you suggest can be broken down to its basic components. The human body has a physiology and biochemistry and genetics that needs to be addressed in dosages, in mechanism of action, organ function, volume of distribution, clearance, pharmokinetics etc. that can't be escaped by the florid words and not much else of said alternative RX. Further I have already stated I am not down on nutrition or cupping etc as an adjunct not as a 'cure'.

The Prophet has not only left us with spiritual guidance but he has also left us with medical guidance. In the Medicine of the Prophet
    I have never argued against spiritual guidance and the scientific community recognizes its well being as well to the healing of the patient!
    there are some basic principles for health ( e.g. a - First do no harm; b - Using the reverse method as treatment etc). The Prophet himself prescribed certain foods for various ailments. Yet today, if some doctors start treating with herbs and foods, they are accused of being called quacks.
    The do no harm, and respect for autonomy, and concern for nutrition is all recognized in the medical community, that's where the medicine of the prophet would be modern times, since we're urged to seek education and perfect it. You can't treat a grade IV glioblastoma multiforme with Turmeric powder anymore than you can treat Rabies with 21 shots anymore.. It advances and self corrects. The diseases themselves change, adapt etc. an antibiotic that worked for a staph infection 10 yrs ago has no relevance today!

Whatever we learn in school (whether it be psychology, medicine, sociology etc) we need to refer back to these two sources; the Qur’aan and the Sunnah, for they are our base and authentic guidance in every matter.
    No one is arguing against the Quran and Sunnah, but Sunnah also tells us that to every ailment there's a cure, and science seeks those by modern means and organization and clinical trials and research. Why do you want to turn Islam into this Archaic thing when it is not? When it is relevant for every time!
    You're not going to find a single doctor that will tell you don't take black seed or honey, but black seed and honey need to be married with aggressive treatment in the case of aggressive diseases. You need to understand pathophysiology, lag and log times, peaks and troughs. You can't go at a disease that multiples at a rate of a million an hour with an herb that moves (if at all) at 3 miles an hour!

| Likes Aprender liked this post

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

completely agreed

Again, completely agreed.

Sister, if you think these trained medical doctors are treating a serious illness like cancer with a herb or two, or so called natural products bought of the counter, then you have been seriously misinformed and know very little about their treatments. Like I stated before, perhaps you should look into it before you accuse them of being quacks. Why don’t you purchase the books recommended on the other cancer thread and read them, I promise you it won’t be a waste of time. Sincerely speaking, learning more about other medicines and combining them with your prior knowledge will only improve your skills as a doctor and give you a more in-depth understanding.

May Allaah enlighten you, and give you optimum success with your patients.
    OK insha'Allah I'll look into it when I have the time

| Likes piXie liked this post

chat Quote

Riana17's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    La ilaha illa Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalam Alaikkum

Brother Ardianto, I am so sorry I didnt read your previous post about this.
    Insha Allah ya Rabb she will be recovered 100.1% and how lucky she is to have a husband like you, Subhanallah, you two are one of a kind. May Allah keep you both safe and strong and grant you sabr. Amen

The HIGHEST accomplishment I can achieve in this worldly life is to be a TRUE MUSLIM. (me)

wwwislamicboardcom - Finally we chose conventional treatment for cancer
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17 View Post
    Asalam Alaikkum

Brother Ardianto, I am so sorry I didnt read your previous post about this.
    Insha Allah ya Rabb she will be recovered 100.1% and how lucky she is to have a husband like you, Subhanallah, you two are one of a kind. May Allah keep you both safe and strong and grant you sabr. Amen
    Assalamualaikum.

Amen. Thank you very much for your du'a, sister.
    chat Quote

SFatima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah swt give speedy recovery to all those who are ill, ameen.

Apart from that, I am a huge fan of herbs, they do what nothing else can. Although, I agree that there needs to be done a lot of research on separating and deriving the right amounts of essences/chemicals from the cures that have been mentioned in the Sunnah, I recently heard a scientific group had done a test on the anti-cancer capabilities of the black cumin seeds and the results were awesome, i'll look for that link once again and share it.

I really think we muslims need to focus to derive cures from the recommendations of Quran and Sunnah, and also running them through the scientific methods/tests/trials and etc to affirm their action. These herbs have no side effects, and they work in a way which not only treats a disease, they make you immune from having one. Anyhow, radiations, preservatives, polluted air for breathing(smoking), nuclear radiation and etc are some of the biggest reasons for developing cancers.. As they say its an urban disease highly concentrated in developed countries... Only Allah swt knows what really causes it , may Allah swt save us all from the trials ameen.

By the way, I hate anti-biotics, and I have really started to stay away from them alhamdulilah and usually try to cure the flu/sore throats/all such things by herbal teas, honey and olive oil, olive oil is like magic for allergies subhanAllah, just rub in under your nose a bit and your nose is like so fiiiine in a while

But definitely, for bigger serious diseases which involve the vital organs, unless there is a sure cure, one shouldn't risk the herbal methods which have not been tried and tested for their scientific worth. Because even in all these herbal or healing done through domestic fruits/vegetables, there are specific amounts, times and ways to be taken as cure, otherwise it can not only aggravate the condition but also not work as a cure at all. I have a book series of herbal cures and I love it

hey lily vale, which doctor are you! So Nice to know, now we can get our consultations here for free
    | Likes Snowflake, Ramadhan liked this post
    chat Quote

~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother Ardianto, how is your wife now?

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhamdulillah, my wife got speed recovery. Doctors said It's miracle, but I beleive it's caused by dua from everyone who love my wife, including my mommy who perform tahajud almost every night before she passed away last year.
    Al hamdulillah, our sister has recovered form her illness. May Allah preserve her health and grant her a long pious life. Ameen. Saddened to hear about your mother brother Ardianto. May Allah make the barzakh a place of peace and serenity for her and place her in the highest realms of Paradise in the hereafter. Ameen
    | Likes ~ Sabr ~ liked this post
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Finally we chose conventional treatment for cancer Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Finally we chose conventional treatment for cancer