× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9 visibility 1659

I'm almost 30 and never had a relationship and it's really messing with my head.

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm almost 30 and never had a relationship and it's really messing with my head.

Report bad ads?

It's not really that there weren't opportunities, but I knew such relationships are inappropriate and stayed away from them. Another huge aspect was that all my friends in my closest circle are religious and so usually this wasn't an issue on my mind. I kept thinking that the right person would come along, we'd become friends, I'd get to meet her family, you get the point. Do things the right way. But frankly, I just don't see how I can meet someone in a halal manner in my (our?) society.

Take my current predicament as an example: I recently moved to a new country and living near relatives I never got to know too well growing up as I lived too far away. These relatives are really good friends with this other family. I met their daughter who is the same age as me and we're currently hitting it off pretty great. Nothing has happened between us yet but I can sense a mutual attraction. Her whole family is great and I think both families would be happy to see us together. This is as close to a halal romantic relationship I think I'll get. A part of me thinks maybe this is like a divine sign (lol).

Here is the thing though, I don't live in a particularly religious society. Dating and premarital activities are the norm. I can tell she is waiting for me to ask her out. She's been pretty flirtatious and has been breaching the subject of our previous dating expriences in conversations we have but I've been trying to stay clear of that topic as I feel like it would be way too awkward to explain I never had a girlfriend. I'm sure my virginity would not be a big issue but it's the fact that I never had ANY sort of relationship with a girl that might put her off. At this point every girl I meet will be like this. They will be way more experienced than me. Not really sure how to approach this subject from here.
    | Likes noraina, Scimitar liked this post

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    LaSorcia's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I'm almost 30 and never had a relationship and it's really messing with my head.

Oh how I pray for a man like this for my daughter some day!
    Nothing to be ashamed of for doing things the right way!
    | Likes noraina, sister herb, Zafran, drac16, Reminder, aaj, Snow liked this post
    chat Quote

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I'm almost 30 and never had a relationship and it's really messing with my head.

Don't worry, not having a relationship before marriage is admirable, and AFAIK a righteous trait. Allahu alam.

Any form of bf/gf relationships is haram. The only halaal way is Marriage.

And Allah knows best.
    | Likes noraina, LaSorcia, Zafran liked this post

Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.
    chat Quote

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu alaykum,

Even if the whole of society is doing something a certain way (dating, pre-marital relationships) it does not make it right, the same way even if you are the only one maintaining your decency, it doesn't mean you are wrong.

Within Islam, dating before marriage is strictly not allowed. I am not implying anything, but if the girl you are currently interested in seems to want to date or have any relationship before marriage, there might be an issue of compatability with you in terms of religious practise.

I know many women who are in their thirties and yet have not been in any relationship, likewise girls who are only 18 and have had numerous boyfriends - it is not about age but character and piety. Never rush into marriage believing you are too old (and almost 30 is certainly not old), but marry on the basis of deen, then you'll be happy inshaAllah. Not every girl you meet will be like that - it's a matter of maybe asking family and friends to look and having sabr.

Don't be ashamed of following the right path and remaining firm with your values, which unfortunately many have sacrificed. You should on the contrary be proud of it, alhamdulillah.
    | Likes LaSorcia, Zafran, drac16, aaj liked this post

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - I'm almost 30 and never had a relationship and it's really messing with my head.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

Your are a virgin before marriage - as you should be. Its a good thing. The women should be happy about it.
    Last edited by Zafran; 09-22-2016 at 12:40 AM.
    | Likes drac16, LaSorcia liked this post

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

Little_Lion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ask her out! - for dinner over your parent's house. I believe that counts both as a date and a halal way of getting to know one another. Not to mention that it would make your intention clear to your parents and hopefully pave the way to marriage. Maybe she will reciprocate and ask you to dinner at her parents! Insha'Allah!
    chat Quote

darkbro's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dont be overthinking. Go ahead.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Awaiting email confirmation
    star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Go ahead...you are admirable for staying with your beliefs.
    chat Quote

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion View Post
    Ask her out! - for dinner over your parent's house. I believe that counts both as a date and a halal way of getting to know one another. Not to mention that it would make your intention clear to your parents and hopefully pave the way to marriage. Maybe she will reciprocate and ask you to dinner at her parents! Insha'Allah!
    Beware of being alone with her tho. AFAIK, the Prophet :saw: did not allow male and female (who are not married) to be alone in a secluded area.

And Allah knows best.
    Last edited by Serinity; 09-22-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    | Likes Umm Abed, noraina liked this post

Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.
    chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! I'm almost 30 and never had a relationship and it's really messing with my head. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I'm almost 30 and never had a relationship and it's really messing with my head.