star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Non Muslim Friends

Report bad ads?

How do you tell your friends that you have been friends for 7+ years that you really dont want to hang out with them anymore? The thing is that before i turned muslim I used to do things that were haraam of course, and now that I am sincere in my deen all I do is for the worship of allah .And they still are interested in things that are haraam. Such as smoking, fighting, fornication etc. Alhumduallah
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Non Muslim Friends

i guess its best to try preach to them first.

maybe you dont need to tell them? i thought when you outgrow friends, you just naturally drift apart.
    Non Muslim Friends

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Non Muslim Friends

format_quote Originally Posted by Qasid View Post
    How do you tell your friends that you have been friends for 7+ years that you really dont want to hang out with them anymore? The thing is that before i turned muslim I used to do things that were haraam of course, and now that I am sincere in my deen all I do is for the worship of allah .And they still are interested in things that are haraam. Such as smoking, fighting, fornication etc. Alhumduallah
    Asalaamu Alaikum, I don't even think you need to explicitly tell them that you do not want to associate with them anymore because you still want to keep a friendly manner with them in order to give them dawah in the future but you should just simply distance yourself from them in that you should not hang around with them anymore especially when they are partaking in evil vices and if they call you out then tell them that you do not wish to partake in such vices as your new way of life does not allow it. Eventually they will get the picture that you do not wosh to partake in such vices anymore.

If they do ask you why you do not hang around with them anymore then just say that you are going towards your lord and that you are wanting to abstain from all the vices that you were invovled with before because your new way of life does not allow it. Tell them why you have left that life behind and tell them about Islam and how you came about accepting it. Tell the it is nothing like how it is portrayed in the media. So certainly keep your ex-friends at a distance and on good terms so that you can give them dawah here and there whenever you get an opportunity.

You can also send them e mails here and there giving them dawah and whenever you see them around you can talk to them about your faith. So do not totally cut yourself off from them but keep them at a distance from you so that you can still give them dawah inviting them towards Islam whenever you can here and there.

If yuo need any help with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

May Allah help you with your journey, give guidance to your family and friends and give you the best of this world and the next. Ameen

Here are some wonderful resources for you and which you can use for dawah purposes:

Free E books on Islam

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134306218

And Allah knows best in all matters
    Last edited by Hamza Asadullah; 05-16-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    Non Muslim Friends

How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Non Muslim Friends Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Non Muslim Friends