× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 39 visibility 4030

West Double Standards Exposed

akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Talking West Double Standards Exposed

Report bad ads?

Holocaust denier Irving is jailed
    British historian David Irving is jailed for three years in Austria after pleading guilty to Holocaust denial.

=========To Read full article click heading above===============

Isnt it strange that offending the Muslims is "Free Speech"

While offending the Jews is a Crime

Double Standards Exposed!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: West Double Standards Exposed

format_quote Originally Posted by akulion View Post
    Holocaust denier Irving is jailed
    British historian David Irving is jailed for three years in Austria after pleading guilty to Holocaust denial.

=========To Read full article click heading above===============

Isnt it strange that offending the Muslims is "Free Speech"

While offending the Jews is a Crime

Double Standards Exposed!
    2 countries (the other is Germany) out of how many Western countries? People in the West actually don't agree with this law.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The law is the law - actions speak louder than words!

And I remember saying "let see how they would react if someone said or wrote or made bad things about jewish people"

And now here we have it

Oh and its not 2 countries:

COUNTRIES WITH LAWS AGAINST HOLOCAUST DENIAL
    Austria
    Belgium
    Czech Republic
    France
    Germany
    Israel
    Lithuania
    Poland
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Switzerland
    Last edited by akulion; 02-20-2006 at 07:40 PM.
    West Double Standards Exposed

chat Quote

Smok's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In Poland there is different situation. During WWII not only Jews were murdering but also Poles. My country lost 25% of its population! 6600000 polish citizens were murdered by Germans. Around 1000000 were murdered by Russians. So as you can see holocaust is not only "jewish thing". It is also "polish thing".That is why all atempts to deny holocaust are very dangerous to do in Poland. You can not only be sent to jail but also you can be beaten by people because every polish family lost someone during WWII.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That's understandable, Smok.

I'm of the mindset that Holocaust denial is extremely offensive to Jewish people, and so it is rightly regulated.

I feel the same protection should be afforded to other religions, including, but not limited to, Islam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well it is disgusting though
    Like Iran for example holding that contest - I dont support that either
    Nor do I support any form of hurting other people on purpose.

For example: I am opposed to homosexuality
    But you wont find me calling a gay person names or anything if I met them.
    I would act normal but if they asked I would tell them I dont agree with it.

I do think the west has double standards when it comes to freedom of speech because even in the 1990's a book was taken out of publication in the USA because it made fun of Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings and victims.

At that time I still remember the US govt apologized to Japan and had the book taken out of publication because it was afraid of damaged trade relationships between the 2 countries.

I sincerely wish I had the article for it - but its been such a long time that I only remember the Issue from recollection
    chat Quote

Nicola's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Though I can understand your feelings

the holocaust is an actual fact

My religious belief and yours are based on faith, making it open season to mockery I guess.
    We should pray to God for him to open these peoples hearts and see his truth.
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    the holocaust is an actual fact
    Well, Muhammad (peace be upon him) was an actual person. Sure, these pictures painted a false picture, but if we go down that road, holocaust denial is painting a false picture of what really happened. They're no less offensive though.

My religious belief and yours are based on faith, making it open season to mockery I guess.
    That doesn't make it right. Continuing akulion's point, I do not agree with homosexuality - this does not mean I go out and blatantly disrespect and offend people who choose to lead such a lifestyle. Why? Because it would be socially wrong for me to do that, I would be behaving like a complete jerk, and would deserve what was coming to me.

We should pray to God for him to open these peoples hearts and see his truth.
    I agree.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, Muhammad (peace be upon him) was an actual person. Sure, these pictures painted a false picture, but if we go down that road, holocaust denial is painting a false picture of what really happened. They're no less offensive though
    Of course Muhammad was an actual person, so was Jesus...but our belief and love for these people in what they taught us is 'faith'...not actual fact!

And it will not be proven fact to the world until judgement day!

the holocaust we know happened.

So if people want to deny and mock Jesus, though it cuts me inside and breaks my heart that they should do that to my Lord...it is their choice and I must respect that, I feel and pray for these people...because of their misguided ways it's going to lead them to eternal hell.

That doesn't make it right. Continuing akulion's point, I do not agree with homosexuality - this does not mean I go out and blatantly disrespect and offend people who choose to lead such a lifestyle. Why? Because it would be socially wrong for me to do that, I would be behaving like a complete jerk, and would deserve what was coming to me.
    No ignorance and bad mannering are never right...and retailating back is not right either...we should offer the other cheek to these people and show our love.
    homosexuality is sinful..imo it should be banned all together....they should not be-given rights as a married couple or allowed to marry, either adopt children etc, it is disgusting to God..they must be made to know that what they do is totally wrong and will lead them to hell.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Of course Muhammad was an actual person, so was Jesus...but our belief and love for these people in what they taught us is 'faith'...not actual fact!
    Not according to Archeology!
    There is not a single shred of proof that proves the existance of Jesus.

His exstance is actually based on faith - that i can truly say.

Even the shroud of Jesus which the vatican held on to was disproven through carbon dating. Furthermore the Bible is not recognized as the work of Jesus but rather Paul, Peter, Mathew, Mark etc...

As for Prophet Mohammed(sa) his artifacts not only exist in many museums around the world but also have been carbon dated to verify them.

This statement though may shock you but it is a question which I saw 2 atheist men asking and holding a whole group of Christians missionaries in total paralysis.

All the asked was "Can you provide us with one single proof from archeology or history that Jesus actually existed?"

Surprisingly even the pastor amongst them couldnt debate them..he kept talking about "its obivious - we are the proof"

So they argued, "Star wars fan exist so does that mean Yoda exists?"

it was a funny argument but honestly I have never seen a debate end with such speed ever before!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not according to Archeology!
    There is not a single shred of proof that proves the existance of Jesus.

His exstance is actually based on faith - that i can truly say.

Even the shroud of Jesus which the vatican held on to was disproven through carbon dating. Furthermore the Bible is not recognized as the work of Jesus but rather Paul, Peter, Mathew, Mark etc...

As for Prophet Mohammed(sa) his artifacts not only exist in many museums around the world but also have been carbon dated to verify them.

This statement though may shock you but it is a question which I saw 2 atheist men asking and holding a whole group of Christians missionaries in total paralysis.

All the asked was "Can you provide us with one single proof from archeology or history that Jesus actually existed?"

Surprisingly even the pastor amongst them couldnt debate them..he kept talking about "its obivious - we are the proof"

So they argued, "Star wars fan exist so does that mean Yoda exists?"

it was a funny argument but honestly I have never seen a debate end with such speed ever before!
    Wait are you denying Jesus didn't exist? Isn't that blasphemy considering Jesus was mentioned as prophet in the Qu'ran. Oh by the way they have Jesus burial shroud as proof he existed.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wait are you denying Jesus didn't exist? Isn't that blasphemy considering Jesus was mentioned as prophet in the Qu'ran. Oh by the way they have Jesus burial shroud as proof he existed.
    I already said the shroud was proved false through carbon dating
    this is very old news now I remember seeing the program about it on either Discovery or history channel (cant remember which )

I do believe in Jesus's existance based on belief in the Quran

However if i was athiest (God Forbid) then I wouldnt find any reason to believe in him at all without any existant proof
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh and I just found the Article about the shroud too on BBC >>> ARTICLE CLICK HERE
    chat Quote

imaad_udeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I already said the shroud was proved false through carbon dating
    this is very old news now I remember seeing the program about it on either Discovery or history channel (cant remember which )

I do believe in Jesus's existance based on belief in the Quran

However if i was athiest (God Forbid) then I wouldnt find any reason to believe in him at all without any existant proof
    The Holy Quran is, indeed, all the proof needed.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't think it can be considered "double standards".

Taking those countries together, many millions of lives were lost in the holocaust, and an event like that makes a huge impact on the national psyche. Those same countries have no great Islamic tradition, and to the vast majority of their population offending muslims will not be seen as anywhere near as significant. I'd also point out, at the risk of being shouted down that the Holocause was responsible for far more than 'mere' offence. Personally I don't see how any offensive can be equated to the murder of millions of people.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well Trumble you have to understand that the Muslims love the Prophet more than even their families or themselves.

So it was great great offence for the people.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

http://www.leaderu.com/offices/billc...discover2.html
    Even the most critical historian can confidently assert that a Jew named Jesus worked as a teacher and wonder-worker in Palestine during the reign of Tiberius, was executed by crucifixion under the prefect Pontius Pilate and continued to have followers after his death.{1}

we still believe on faith alone...be it Mohammad or Jesus.
    You cannot prove Muhammed actually was receiving his messages from Gabriel nor I that Jesus is the son of God...God incarnate infact.
    Both are based on faith alone.
    And this kind of faith causes mocking and ridicule...by non believers.

like you said yourself...unless the koran mentioned Jesus you would not believe in him either...yes I might find that an isult to Jesus...but it is your opinion and I must honour that.
    like we must honour people and what they think of Muhammeds kind of life and teachings.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen View Post
    The Holy Quran is, indeed, all the proof needed.

it may be proof enough for you...like the bible is proof enough for me...

but infact it is only faith not fact

because both of us cannot be right.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But thats the thing Science never takes Religious insight into account since science and religion dont mix

Since your article is from a Christian site and prespective it would be rejected on the basis of religious bias by Sociologists and Archeologists

We have to question our beliefs.

As for the Quran being the Truth I questioned it many times to the extent that I came up with questions in my mind that if i would have voiced in public people would have called me a "non muslim"

however I recieved the answers to them all through research.
    The Quran can be verified as being the word of God if one researches its many miracles some Proofs in relation to science

However even after seeing the truth in front of their eyes if people deny - then there is nothing left to do.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Sis786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    I don't think it can be considered "double standards".

Taking those countries together, many millions of lives were lost in the holocaust, and an event like that makes a huge impact on the national psyche. Those same countries have no great Islamic tradition, and to the vast majority of their population offending muslims will not be seen as anywhere near as significant. I'd also point out, at the risk of being shouted down that the Holocause was responsible for far more than 'mere' offence. Personally I don't see how any offensive can be equated to the murder of millions of people.
    The double standars lie here, That by saying that the Holocaust was a myth, is to offend the people that were somehow effected by this. Byt saying that these people did not really die in this manner, and another is that seeing the majority of people that dies were jews in a way it would be offending the jewsih people.

The cartoons on Muhammed pbhu offened a whole nation a quarter of the worlds population. Poured petrol on a already lit fire. The directly offened the religion of Islam. The cartoons were a way of abusing and insulting every living muslim no matter where they are.

Yes millons of lives were lost during the holocaust BUT lets not forget the now and here holocasut and thats the hundreds and thousands of poeple dying in Palestine, Chechyna, Afghan and iraq lets not forget whats here NOW on our door step. What happened has happened and yes it was evil and its come to pass BUT we should learn from that and try and stop that happening again YET here we are allowing the same to happen and why beacuse its no longer Jews its the Muslims.

NOW i cant even show happiness for the fighters against such evil as i would be breaking the "Gloryfying Terrosim Law", Well Tony can shove his law where the sun dont shine!!
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! West Double Standards Exposed Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. West Double Standards Exposed