× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 30 visibility 4018

Sharon Is "War Criminal": London Mayor

kadafi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

CAIRO, March 4, 2005 (IslamOnline.net) – Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is a "war criminal" who must be imprisoned for his systematic policies of "ethnic cleansing" against the Palestinian people, said London Mayor Ken Livingstone.
    In a searing critique of the Israeli policies, Livingstone said that Israel has been demonizing Muslims, spreading misinformation about the scale of anti-Semitism and seeking to silence critics by calling them anti-Semitic.
    "Ariel Sharon, Israel's prime minister is a war criminal who should be in prison not in office," Livingstone said in an article in mass circulation The Guardian on Friday, March 4.
    " Israel 's own Kahan commission found that Sharon shared responsibility for the Sabra and Shatila [Palestinian refugee camps in Beirut ] massacre."
    Sabra & Shatila are two refugee camps in Beirut the Palestinians resorted to after being forced to flee their villages and towns in 1948.
    Belgium’s highest court had ruled that Sharon could face war crimes charges once he leaves office after an appeal by 23 Palestinian survivors of Sabra and Shatila massacres, in which between 800 and 2,000 Palestinian refugees were slaughtered by Israeli forces and allied Christian Phalangist militia in 1982 in Lebanon .
    Sharon was defense minister at the time of the massacre, and he was forced to resign after investigations said he shared blame for the slaying.
    "Ethnic Cleansing"
    pic04A - Sharon Is "War Criminal": London Mayor
    Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was responsible for the Sabra and Shatila massacres
    The London mayor also accused the Israeli government of pursuing policies of ethnic cleansing against the Palestinian people and continuing seizures of the Palestinian lands.
    " Israel 's expansion includes ethnic cleansing. Palestinians who had lived in that land for centuries were driven out by systematic violence and terror aimed at ethnically cleansing what became a large part of the Israeli state."
    "Today the Israeli government continues seizures of Palestinian land for settlements, military incursions into surrounding countries and denial of the right of Palestinians expelled by terror to return,” Livingstone added.
    Israel still occupied Lebanon’s Shebaa Farms and Syria’s Golan Heights for more than 40 years now.
    It also continues to seize more Palestinian lands for building settlements and the separation wall, which veers into swathes of the West Bank and cut off many people off their farms.
    The Hague-based International Court of Justice has deemed "illegal" the separation wall. The UN General Assembly also adopted a resolution calling on Israel to tear the wall down. But Israel, backed by Washington, defiantly refused to abide by the resolutions.
    Misconception
    Livingstone said the Israeli government has been disseminating misconceptions about the scale of anti-Semitism in Europe and conflating criticism to the Israeli policies as anti-Semitic acts.
    "The Israeli government presented a "wholly distorted picture of racism and religious discrimination in Europe ", so it appeared Jews suffered most discrimination," he said.
    "The reality is that the great bulk of racist attacks in Europe today are on black people, Asians and Muslims. They are the primary targets of the extreme right."
    Sharon had earlier alleged that Muslims in Europe were posing a threat the lives of Jews, asking the latter to leave their European countries for Israel.
    Pundits and linguists believe that Israeli officials and US neo-conservatives are using now "anti-Semitism" to stifle any criticism of the aggressive Israeli practices against the Palestinian people.
    Outrage
    The statements of Livingstone are expected to draw the outrage of Jewish groups in London and across Europe. Livingstone is a member of British Prime Minister Tony Blair’s Labor government.
    Sharon and his government have come under fire from several public figures and human rights groups in Europe for adopting a hard-line policy against Palestinians.
    In October, Alain Menargues, head of news at the state-owned Radio France International, his job, after he described Israel as racist.
    “What was the first ghetto on the world? It was in Venice. Who made it? The Jews themselves, in order separate themselves from the rest. Afterwards Europe put them in ghettoes.
    French President Jacques Chirac had earlier hit at Sharon, saying the hard-line premier was unwelcome in France.

Source

2. Report bad ads?
    root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Sharon Is "War Criminal": London Mayor

The very "Contoversial" loose cannon Major of London compared a Jewish reporter to a "Concentration camp guard" and despite not apologising after even Tony Blair acknowledged he should apologise and heaps of pressure from the powers that be. He is still refusing, and going deeper into a political verbal mud throw, to me it suggests he is on his back foot.

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What happened to this SOB? is he still under going weekly treatment meant to protract his life one more day utilizing the blood of Palestinians?

Haven't heard any news about him in a while...

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Sharon Is "War Criminal": London Mayor

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wait a minute. Did anyone look at the date on the article? It is from March 2005. Quite possibly the Mayor of London might have said such a thing but did anyone read the article? It also quotes Chirac as saying Sharon is not welcome in France.

That is all well and good but Chirac is not in charge in France anymore and Sharon is comatose. At least we can be sure Sharon didn't get his feelings hurt.

This is not a news story...it's an assemblage of excerpted remarks critical of Sharon. I am surprised there is not something from his 3rd grade teacher about his late math homework.

Quite possibly, we are the victim of a web-robot assigned to post negative stories of Jews from its library of stories (which evidently needs to be updated). Right now the bot is probaby shopping around a story about Golda Meir's alleged love affair with Paul Newman during the filming of Exodus.

Still, I was persuaded. Sharon should most definitely be removed from office!

6. Report bad ads?
    Jayda's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hola,

i think almost everybody involved in this conflict could be called a war criminal. they are baptised in blood...

in my mind (and i am by no means politically knowledgeable) the key to the peace process in the middle east is forgiveness and not revenge or even justice. things have been so horrible for so long that it is impossible to bring every evil doer to justice... and it leads to too many arguments of interpretation and it delays and distracts from the work of peace.

this is such a gordion knot that instead of untangling it, someone should just cut it, by saying 'forget the past, if we continue this way there will be no future, let's talk about how we can live together.' i do not have answers for those next steps... bringing a solid peace or ensuring a future for the people in this area.

but i do believe the foundation for peace here must be built upon forgiveness and a clean slate... muiring each other in the morass of satisfying blood debts and justice will only delay and prevent the process from going forward.

i know this is not an easy thing to ask, if my entire family was killed by a missile while we were at the beach, or if my husband and children were killed by a bomber on a bus i would forever feel like i needed somebody to be held accountable and punished... but even then it would not restore my family nor would it bring a future for somebody elses' children. i would probably not be able to do it, i would need somebody else to take on the responsibility of pushing me into forgiveness... and maybe someday i would accept it, but the important thing would be that my emptiness and loss would not become the foundation for more pain and suffering inflicted upon a new generation.

sadly, the sins of the fathers are visited upon the children in this part of the world

que Dios te bendiga

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

marvelous how the 'cognoscenti' pays attention to dates? Although I'll have to admit selectively as only yesterday he gave us some lip service about some dated graphs....

even more 'marvy' he took the time to teach us some yiddish, when he seems at a loss to spell his own 'nom de plume'

Indeed this is a dated article..I looked at the date...in my query however is a request for the *******s medical condition if at all. So give it a rest I can do without your frequent penetrative observations!

cheerio 'shmo' indeed an acceptable derivation of 'schmuck' so next time do some research before you purge....

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Sharon Is "War Criminal": London Mayor

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hola purestambrosia,

i noticed you talk about medicine a lot... are you a nurse by any chance? i ask because i was an auxilliary and then an RN from high school into college, aside from my children it is my passion in life

que Dios te bendiga

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am not a nurse, but I have a great deal of respect for them..

peace!

~Taalibah~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Every man jack of them will get their punishment in the end, Insha'Allah.
    “What was the first ghetto on the world? It was in Venice. Who made it? The Jews themselves, in order separate themselves from the rest.
    How true

Welcom to my sites
    ~~~~~~~~~

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hola

it is wrong to say that... i am always extremely disappointed to see the way jews are talked about on muslim webforums...

que Dios te bendiga
    Last edited by Jayda; 11-17-2007 at 09:59 PM.

barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Weird how he outlasted Arafat. I always thought he would go first.

As for the war criminal part, Red Ken the mayor of London is generally veiwed as a bit of a joke here, like Gorgeous George Galloway or Tony Benn. It dosnt surprise me to hear him saying that sort of stuff.
    Heres spme of his other stuff.
    He said of David and Simon Reuben — two Indian-born British businessmen involved in a property development project for the 2012 Olympics — that "if they’re not happy they can always go back to Iran and see if they can do better under the Ayatollahs".

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia View Post
    marvelous how the 'cognoscenti' pays attention to dates? Although I'll have to admit selectively as only yesterday he gave us some lip service about some dated graphs....
    I really wasn't addressing my comments to you. Even so, you don't find it even slightly odd to have an article posted in the World Affairs section where the Mayor of London calls for Sharon to be removed from power when he is comatose?

even more 'marvy' he took the time to teach us some yiddish, when he seems at a loss to spell his own 'nom de plume'
    No, it is "Cognescenti". I am a runner. It's a Nike brand. I was wearing them when I signed up. I'll change it to "New Balance" if it offends you.

cheerio 'shmo' indeed an acceptable derivation of 'schmuck' so next time do some research before you purge....
    I am pretty sure you are wrong about that. "schmo" and "schmuck" can have similar meanings (as in a loser or dolt) but "schmuck" also has quite an offensive specific meaning. You might get away with schmo in polite conversation but "schmuck" I think would shock old ladies.

As Yiddish is a written language using the phoenecian alphabet and is not a transliteration of Hebrew, I don't think you will see it spelled "shmo".

In either event, I think it would be better not to call other posters by either word.

Cheerio (this is a rote expression not meant to convey affection or respect)

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hola barney,

i am surprised... that sounds like something one would expect the duke of edinburgh to say...

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti View Post
    I really wasn't addressing my comments to you. Even so, you don't find it even slightly odd to have an article posted in the World Affairs section where the Mayor of London calls for Sharon to be removed from power when he is comatose?

No, it is "Cognescenti". I am a runner. It's a Nike brand. I was wearing them when I signed up. I'll change it to "New Balance" if it offends you.

I am pretty sure you are wrong about that. "schmo" and "schmuck" can have similar meanings (as in a loser or dolt) but "schmuck" also has quite an offensive specific meaning. You might get away with schmo in polite conversation but "schmuck" I think would shock old ladies.

As Yiddish is a written language using the phoenecian alphabet and is not a transliteration of Hebrew, I don't think you will see it spelled "shmo".

In either event, I think it would be better not to call other posters by either word.

i wear new balance! you should make the switch they are really comfortable and they have a fair amount of rubber to cut down on impact

18. Report bad ads?
    barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti View Post

I Lolled

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003

~Taalibah~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda View Post
    hola

it is wrong to say that... i am always extremely disappointed to see the way jews are talked about on muslim webforums...

que Dios te bendiga
    H'lo
    They bring upon themselves. I say that because i personally, although more my father, have been rudely and harshly spoke/treated by jews.

Welcom to my sites
    ~~~~~~~~~

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha View Post
    H'lo
    They bring upon themselves. I say that because i personally, although more my father, have been rudely and harshly spoke/treated by jews.
    it is wrong of those who said and treated your father that way but you cannot speak about people like that... does you father speak about jews like this?
    Last edited by Jayda; 11-17-2007 at 10:29 PM.

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Weird how he outlasted Arafat. I always thought he would go first.

As for the war criminal part, Red Ken the mayor of London is generally veiwed as a bit of a joke here, like Gorgeous George Galloway or Tony Benn. It dosnt surprise me to hear him saying that sort of stuff.
    Heres spme of his other stuff.
    He said of David and Simon Reuben — two Indian-born British businessmen involved in a property development project for the 2012 Olympics — that "if they’re not happy they can always go back to Iran and see if they can do better under the Ayatollahs".
    even the israelis found that sharon was responsible for sabra and shatillah massacres.
    i do not think "war criminal" is too strong a term for this man.
    he also set up the 2nd intifada for his own political purposes.
    that the israelis elected him to office is disgraceful.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Sharon Is "War Criminal": London Mayor

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda View Post
    hola

que Dios te bendiga
    Don't worry...it's not anti-semitism...it's just anti-Zionism kay:

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you're not helping

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Sharon Is "War Criminal": London Mayor Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Sharon Is "War Criminal": London Mayor