star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dream of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)

Report bad ads?

Had a dream last night, there was a gathering of sum sorts, not sure of the locations....

a man appeared draped in a white sheet (it reminded me of the cloth people were when they die) the ehram

everyone was saying it was the prophet mohammed, i saw the face clearly

but all the time i was thinking this was a fake dream...dunno why...it was like why shud i see him...i aint no perfect muslim...etc...etc..

but then i read this morning in a book...those who have seen the prophet mohammed (PBUH) have actually seen him as the shaytaan cant take his form...

2. Report bad ads?
    truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Dream of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)

yeah thats true if u see him in your dream then u have really seen him. mashallah, brother im not sure if its the ppl who DESERVE it who see him, i think allah just shows us and knows who the true beleivers are...
    mashallah brother
    and no the shaitan cant take his form...i heard

AhlaamBella's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    To Allah I belong, and to Him I will return
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllah. Brother your post has really touched me

New2BAdLogo 1 - Dream of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)
    http://www.lastinglilies.wordpress.com

mo_123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

if the dream was true...which god only knows...then i rekon i seen two prophets now....and possibly the mahdi in my dreams...

6. Report bad ads?
    truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow u seen so many poeple. mashallah, subhanallah...
    allah hafiz

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

masha allah brother this is a reward from allah that you see prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
    all of what I can say is congratulate you brother.
    May allah guide you to the best in sha allah

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i saw the face clearly
    Can you describe what you saw, exactly as you saw it?

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Ubaydullah View Post

Can you describe what you saw, exactly as you saw it?

i can try.....

i saw people gathering......and people were saying the prophet is going to come...

then a man came....tall...must have been 5ft ten to 6 ft....he was draped in a white sheet.... then all i saw was the face.... the sheet covered the prophet head to toe.... all that was on view was his face...

a long beard, black beard... kinda curly like...no moustache...this i did see..

i saw the complexion of the skin....was kinda olivy brown...

thats all i saw im afraid...

thoughout the dream i was in denial.....thinking this cant be real.....why wud i see the prophet pbuh of all people....

i woke up thinking the same...., then looked it up in a book....and it said the shaytaan cant take the form of our prophet pbuh...

Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^Subhan Allaah!

It's true that if you see the Prophet (SAWS) in a dream, that you really have seen him as the shaytaan can't take his form (because he can't mess with your dreams). Mashaa Allaah, maybe this'll be an imaan booster for you?

*Acausal synchronicity*

Please make du'a for my mom and Dad.

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena* View Post
    ^Subhan Allaah!

It's true that if you see the Prophet (SAWS) in a dream, that you really have seen him as the shaytaan can't take his form (because he can't mess with your dreams). Mashaa Allaah, maybe this'll be an imaan booster for you?
    inshaallah sister....

means i have now seen two prophets....in my dreams....first being isa as and now prophet mohammed pbuh.

taybe smiler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhan Allaah

Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam 3alekum!

Go on brother!

Thats amazing to hear!

Inshallah one day we all see him(pbuh)

wwwislamicboardcom - Dream of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)

Ali.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhan Allah bro',

That's amazing! You know, you are quite lucky.

Should I seek a source of law other than God, when it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (Qur'an) fully explained? And those whom We have given them the Book know that it has been sent down from the Lord with truth, so be not of those in doubt.
    {6:114}

الصبر
    و
    العلم

Dr.Trax's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mo_123 View Post
    inshaallah sister....

means i have now seen two prophets....in my dreams....first being isa as and now prophet mohammed pbuh.
    Salam Alaikum!

Brother wonderfull and interesting,you know why?

Becouse I had two dreams with the two prophets(Muhammad(SAW) and Isa(AS)),as I think.

The dream with the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) was like this:
    We were in a cave and outside the cave was a river,so inside the cave I was with some people and suddenly I started saying(like praising the Prophet(SAW)) loudly:La illahe illalah muhammeden rasulallah.I repeated this word maybe 50 times and so happy,and suddenly someone from outside the cave called us to come outside to listen to the prophet speach(but here I am not so sure how he was calling us becouse I couldn't remember the whole dream) and I came and saw only the body of the prophet(SAW) but not the face.He was sitting in a yellow rock near the river above us...we were gathering all to listen to him.So suddenly I jumped in the river and crossed the river on the other side where the prophet was,but he was above us.And suddenly my dream was over.!

He is Allah - the Creator, the Maker, the Giver of Form. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Everything in the heavens and Earth glorifies Him. He is the Almighty, the All-Wise.
    (Qur'an, 59:24)

greatest 1 - Dream of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)

18. Report bad ads?
    Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dr.Trax View Post
    Salam Alaikum!

Brother wonderfull and interesting,you know why?

Becouse I had two dreams with the two prophets(Muhammad(SAW) and Isa(AS)),as I think.

The dream with the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) was like this:
    We were in a cave and outside the cave was a river,so inside the cave I was with some people and suddenly I started saying(like praising the Prophet(SAW)) loudly:La illahe illalah muhammeden rasulallah.I repeated this word maybe 50 times and so happy,and suddenly someone from outside the cave called us to come outside to listen to the prophet speach(but here I am not so sure how he was calling us becouse I couldn't remember the whole dream) and I came and saw only the body of the prophet(SAW) but not the face.He was sitting in a yellow rock near the river above us...we were gathering all to listen to him.So suddenly I jumped in the river and crossed the river on the other side where the prophet was,but he was above us.And suddenly my dream was over.!

Haha mashallah! nice dream

Next time i guess swin a bit harder

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mo_123 View Post
    i can try.....

i saw people gathering......and people were saying the prophet is going to come...

then a man came....tall...must have been 5ft ten to 6 ft....he was draped in a white sheet.... then all i saw was the face.... the sheet covered the prophet head to toe.... all that was on view was his face...

a long beard, black beard... kinda curly like...no moustache...this i did see..

i saw the complexion of the skin....was kinda olivy brown...

thats all i saw im afraid...

thoughout the dream i was in denial.....thinking this cant be real.....why wud i see the prophet pbuh of all people....

i woke up thinking the same...., then looked it up in a book....and it said the shaytaan cant take the form of our prophet pbuh...

The reason I asked you bro, was to see whether what you saw matches the known authentic descriptions of the Messenger. This was the practice of our Salaf that whenever someone came to them telling them that they saw the Messenger in a dream, they would ask him to describe what he saw, and if the description given by the one who saw the dream matched the descriptions of the Messenger found in the authentic hadeeth, they would confirm that he had indeed seen him. This is because since we do not know how the Messenger looked, Shaytan can come and appear in some form and claim to be the Messenger, (as he is only forbidden from appearing in the Messenger's exact form) and seeing as how we do not know the true form of the Messenger, we won't be able to tell if it is true.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:
    [...]If a man told Muhammad (meaning Ibn Sireen) that he had seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [in a dream], he would say, “Describe to me the one whom you saw.” If he gave a description that he did not recognize, he would say, “You did not see him.” Its isnaad is saheeh,[...]
    Fath al-Baari, 12/383, 384.

What I suggest you do is to ask some scholars whether the descriptions in your dream actually match the known ones. If you do not have any local scholars, you can ask at the following link and expect a pretty prompt (and much better and much more accurate) reply: http://islamtoday.com/fatawa_form.cfm

Since you've aroused my curiosity, can you answer the following?

What was his face like? Round or otherwise? Did you see any white hair on his head or beard? And can you describe the beard? Was it full and thick or otherwise? Can you describe the eyes (size, color etc) and eyebrows (parted, thick or together etc) as well? What about the lips? The mouth (wide or small)? Any other details that you remember?
    Last edited by Ibn Abi Ahmed; 02-14-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Ubaydullah View Post

The reason I asked you bro, was to see whether what you saw matches the known authentic descriptions of the Messenger. This was the practice of our Salaf that whenever someone came to them telling them that they saw the Messenger in a dream, they would ask him to describe what he saw, and if the description given by the one who saw the dream matched the descriptions of the Messenger found in the authentic hadeeth, they would confirm that he had indeed seen him. This is because since we do not know how the Messenger looked, Shaytan can come and appear in some form and claim to be the Messenger, (as he is only forbidden from appearing in the Messenger's exact form) and seeing as how we do not know the true form of the Messenger, we won't be able to tell if it is true.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:
    [...]If a man told Muhammad (meaning Ibn Sireen) that he had seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [in a dream], he would say, “Describe to me the one whom you saw.” If he gave a description that he did not recognize, he would say, “You did not see him.” Its isnaad is saheeh,[...]
    Fath al-Baari, 12/383, 384.

What I suggest you do is to ask some scholars whether the descriptions in your dream actually match the known ones. If you do not have any local scholars, you can ask at the following link and expect a pretty prompt (and much better and much more accurate) reply: http://islamtoday.com/fatawa_form.cfm

Since you've aroused my curiosity, can you answer the following?

What was his face like? Round or otherwise? Did you see any white hair on his head or beard? And can you describe the beard? Was it full and thick or otherwise? Can you describe the eyes (size, color etc) and eyebrows (parted, thick or together etc) as well? What about the lips? The mouth (wide or small)? Any other details that you remember?
    from what i recall......

the face..was long, eyebrows didnt join or anything....cheeks were plump.....no white hair....

long black thick beard... curly like in old times....sparkly eyes..thats all i noticed in the dream.....

i noticed the whote drapings more.... like how they wrap bodies when people pass on... covereed on the head too..

FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

SubhanAllah!!

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “He who saw me in a dream has certainly seen me, for Shaytan can not take my form.” [Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim]

If a person was to see the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in his unrecognized features, for example, he saw him without a beard, or with full grey hair, etc… then this dream will need to interpreted.

The differences in appearance may be due to the good or bad habits of the dreamer. According to the variation of people’s personalities, their dreams differ. Some dream him old, whilst others dream him young. Some see him pleased, whilst others see him disturbed. Therefore, the dream will need to be interpreted by a person who is qualified in this field, and who has taqwa and piety (Mulla Ali al-Qari, Mirqat al-Masabih, 9/25).

Allah Hafiz
    Sister Fatima

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Response from

WWW.ISLAMTODAY.COM - English Fatwa Department

Question:

Had a dream last night, there was a gathering of sum sorts, not sure of the locations.... a man appeared draped in a white sheet (it reminded me of the cloth people were when they die) the ehram everyone was saying it was the prophet mohammed pbuh, i saw the face clearly but all the time i was thinking this was a fake dream...dunno why...it was like why shud i see him...i aint no perfect muslim...etc...etc.. but then i read this morning in a book...those who have seen the prophet mohammed (PBUH) have actually seen him as the shaytaan cant take his form... i saw people gathering......and people were saying the prophet is going to come... then a man came....tall...must have been 5ft ten to 6 ft....he was draped in a white sheet.... then all i saw was the face.... the sheet covered the prophet head to toe.... all that was on view was his face... a long beard, black beard... kinda curly like...no moustache...this i did see.. i saw the complexion of the skin....was kinda olivy brown... thoughout the dream i was in denial.....thinking this cant be real.....why wud i see the prophet pbuh of all people.... #the face..was long, eyebrows didnt join or anything....cheeks were plump.....no white hair.... long black thick beard... curly like in old times....sparkly eyes..thats all i noticed in the dream..... i noticed the whote drapings more.... like how they wrap bodies when people pass on... covereed on the head too.. can u tell me if this was actually a genuine dream?

Answer:

Dear questioner:

Al-Salâm `Alaykum wa Rahmah Allah wa Barakâtuh.

It is possible to see the Prophet (peace be upon him) in dreams. But, this is not something to be done by our own efforts or because someone "deserves" it. It is from Allah.

Likewise, it is no fault on a person that he does not to see the Prophet (peace be upon him) in his dreams. The only blame is for a person not to obey his commands that are found in the Sunnah. Allah says: “Say: ‘If ye do love Allah; follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful” [Sûrah Âl-`Imrân: 31]

As for the possibility of seeing the Prophet (peace be upon him) in dreams, he said: “He who saw me in a dream has indeed seen me, for the Satan does not appear in my form.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (6993) and Sahîh Muslim (2266)]

Whether this means that no one will have a dream where someone in it claims to be the Prophet (peace be upon him) without it being so, or whether the hadîth simply means that no one will have a dream where the exact appearance of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is falsely represented – Allah knows best which of these is the case. In the latter case, the only people who could be sure to have seen the Prophet (peace be upon him) are those who saw him firsthand and knew what he looked like.

In any case, there are no practical consequences for this question. Please read the following answer below from our archives

And Allah knows best.

-------------------------------------

Dreams and Islamic Law

By Sheikh Sâmî al-Mâjid, professor at Imam University

In Islamic jurisprudence, we have five legal rulings: obligatory (wâjib), preferred (mustahabb), permissible (mubâh), disliked (makrûh), and forbidden (harâm).

Dreams are not and cannot be a source for these rulings. This is the consensus of Ahl al-Sunnah wal Jamâ’ah on the matter.

Anyone who declares that something is preferred or obligatory on the basis of a dream is coming with an innovation in our religion and calling people to fiction and misguidance.

The great jurist, Imam al-Nawawî writes: “If it was the 29th night of Sha`bân and people could not see the crescent, then someone saw the Prophet (peace be upon him) in his dream informing him that ‘tonight is the beginning of Ramadân’, no one would be allowed to fast on the basis of that dream, not the one who saw the dream nor anyone else.” [al-Majmû` (6/292)]

---------------------------------------

Please also read the article:

Sheikh's Articles >> (2005/6) >> On the Interpretation of Dreams

http://islamtoday.com/showme_weekly_...sub_cat_id=819

24. Report bad ads?
    krypton6's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A few years ago I had a dream with him too.

We (The prophet, my family and I) were inside a room with desert sand being the ground. There was a stair in the middle of the room. The prophet told the adults to go to the top and then jump down, and then he told us (the children) that we should go half way up and jump down.
    I never saw his face though.

The second part of the dream (or perhaps first): I was alone inside the room with the desert ground facing a blue wall made of marble bricks, written on them the 99 names of god. I read all 99 names and as I stepped back I could now see 100 names. The new brick was in the left lower corner, I read it and woke up not remembering what I read, or perhaps I did remember but ended up forgetting.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Dream of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Dream of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)