× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 44 visibility 5674

Happiness with a sprinkling of sadness?

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

AssalamuAlaykum

Just a lil question Insha'Allah...

How true do you think is it that when somebody is upbeat all the time and constantly hyper, that there's something else really going on behind the scenes, that the happiness is a cover for something else?

I was just thinking about this today, because most often than not people will go through an extremely 'high' time and be upbeat etc but that eventually dies out and is replaced with something else, sadness etc ...

Soo...agree/disagree? please do tell me what you think Insha'Allah... psychologically also...what is your take?

Thankoo! *grin* JazakAllah khayr...

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    DaNgErOuS MiNdS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Happiness with a sprinkling of sadness?

I suppose we all have different moods at different times, sometimes they're brought on by whats happening around us and sometimes it's just happens without a reason.

I think it's something you shouldn't worry about to much.

Take a Visit

Madarak 1 - Happiness with a sprinkling of sadness?We'll make you dizzy
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I suppose we all have different moods at different times, sometimes they're brought on by whats happening around us and sometimes it's just happens without a reason.

I think it's something you shouldn't worry about to much.
    AssalamuAlaykum

JazakAllah khayr for the reply, lol SubhanAllah I'm not worrying about it...(although I dont think I should be as hyper as I am at my age, lol) But yeah...I just wanted to know what people thought...pshychologically though, I think there is a term for it but just cant rememeber, reaction formation? I think...

Is happiness an absence of sadness or is it a state of contentment we create for ourselves...? Is happiness the calm before the storm...or... Hmm just think...I feel as though I'm talking in riddles but yeah

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Anybody actually do that? e.g. feel one way and behave in another?

s a b r
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

upbeat people are the best though, no matter what flys at them they take it with a smile. They may be down for a few seconds but then they jump up and its like nothing happened. I love that attitude! if only everyone possessed it!

and the sadness, mashaAllah they so strong that they dont like to show it in front of others, they hide it, keep it between them and ALlaah. ive noticed that about a few special people... mashaAllah i admire that quality a lot

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AssalamuAlaykum

oh:

Beautiful post! I guess its true aswell...Afterall we should only complain to Allah (swt) about our problems no? But I wonder if its like that with everybody is my actual question...or are some people just gifted with 100% happiness so there isnt actually anything else i.e. any sadness in the background...Hmm

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ naa thats not true, because i know quite a few people as i mentioned above, and when i got deeper with them subhanAllah, they have more sorrow then you'd imagine. I mean seriously breaking down sorrow, thats what made me wonder at their happiness and hype even more. Tell me if this isnt a blessing from Allah then what is it?!..

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

and the sadness, mashaAllah they so strong that they dont like to show it in front of others, they hide it, keep it between them and ALlaah. ive noticed that about a few special people... mashaAllah i admire that quality a lot
    Yeh I know people like that, they smile and laugh and don't show their pain...

One thing is though, I think this is why u have friends, you should share your burden with ur friends.

Allaahu Aalim..
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AssalamuAlaykum

Ookay...I was thinking something else this morning also...I'm not saying this thread is about me btw...but imagine it was...why would Allah gift me with so much happiness...dont you think its actually scary? I'd rather be miserable in this world and happy in the hereafter...not the other way round! *sad*

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM View Post

Yeh I know people like that, they smile and laugh and don't show their pain...

One thing is though, I think this is why u have friends, you should share your burden with ur friends.

Allaahu Aalim..
    AssalamuAlaykum

Yeah I know what you mean, but personally I think sadness and pain is contagious (sp?) maybe the person doesnt want to burden another with their pain etc? its not a nice feeling when somebody else is upset or worried about you...

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S BRB Insha'Allah sis *grin*

s a b r
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its not a nice feeling when somebody else is upset or worried about you...
    But at least u know they care.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

happiness/sakeena is from Allaah. you know at times i feel like i could be a broken down homeless/wifeless/jobless/kidless/orphaned and enstraged boy and i'd still walk about happy, maybe happier then i am now.

what causes the happiness? just contentment knowing that this life isnt NOTHING, a few days, a walk in a shade, a journey to another place.

i guess the strength to face it and come out all shining is from Allaah.

look at those palestinians, man the amount of stuff they go through, and if you see the videos its like they so happy!!! mashaAllaah!

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H... View Post
    its not a nice feeling when somebody else is upset or worried about you...
    Agreed !

especially when the person donates a heap of money for your safety and you hear about it later on, start feeling quite a bit of guilt!

but thats what the mu'mins do, they look out for one another, and i think the compassion is beautiful.

bottling stuff up may seem kind and cool but its not always wise..

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM View Post

But at least u know they care.
    AssalamuAlaykum

They care *wub* but you care enough not to hurt them too...people have enough burdens of their own...who am I to add to them?

WassalamuAlaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
    happiness/sakeena is from Allaah. you know at times i feel like i could be a broken down homeless/wifeless/jobless/kidless/orphaned and enstraged boy and i'd still walk about happy, maybe happier then i am now.

what causes the happiness? just contentment knowing that this life isnt NOTHING, a few days, a walk in a shade, a journey to another place.

i guess the strength to face it and come out all shining is from Allaah.

look at those palestinians, man the amount of stuff they go through, and if you see the videos its like they so happy!!! mashaAllaah!
    AssalamuAlaykum,

True say Akhee, sometimes we feel sakeenah at the most strangest of times...when we have a load of stress, work, family stuff etc but its then that we couldnt feel any happier...So I guess that is a gift and blessing from Allah (swt) then, SubhanAllah *smile* JazakAllah khayr Akhee and Ukhtee!

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H... View Post
    AssalamuAlaykum

Ookay...I was thinking something else this morning also...I'm not saying this thread is about me btw...but imagine it was...why would Allah gift me with so much happiness...dont you think its actually scary? I'd rather be miserable in this world and happy in the hereafter...not the other way round! *sad*

WassalamuAlaykum
    I'd rather be happy in both worlds.

I commute everyday, so I kind of have to make sure I'm happy and optimistic on the journey and at the destination, otherwise I'd turn into Scrooge or something. That's my own personal philosophy though. Whatever works for you, dude.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you know whats strange though...

those people who are so upbeat and happy, i think we get use to them, that vibrance they send everywhere..

but then.. when they do feel down or even if for a while you see them look a bit sad, it hurts a lot inside cause i think you start caring for that person too much.

see, smiles do so much... subhanAllah

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    I'd rather be happy in both worlds.

I commute everyday, so I kind of have to make sure I'm happy and optimistic on the journey and at the destination, otherwise I'd turn into Scrooge or something. That's my own personal philosophy though. Whatever works for you, dude.
    AssalamuAlaykum,

I commute everday too...And you know what...you actually made me think there...because I love the journey but hate the destination *shocked* ...to me, thats saying something really weird...but if I dont analyse it like that...I'd say its because I love looking at the countryside going past during my commute *grin* JazakAllah khayr Akhee

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r
    chat Quote

Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I disagree, 'cause I'm a very optimistic person. Just because someone's happy all the time, that doesn't mean that behind the scenes they have some problems going on. I'm a very happy person most of the time, because the way I see it, being all sad won't change the condition you're in so be happy 'cause Allaah has something good in store for you inshaa Allaah and some people are in way worse conditions than you are.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a very optimistic outlook on life, I'm usually never glum and If I am then I hardly show it. That's why my imaan doesn't go low much, because I have trust and faith in Allaah that he understands and knows what's going on. And like it says in the Quraan (may Allaah forgive me if I am wrong), ''It may be that something is good for you and that you dislike it (and vice versa), surely Allaah knows best.''

*Acausal synchronicity*

Please make du'a for my mom and Dad.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena* View Post
    I disagree, 'cause I'm a very optimistic person. Just because someone's happy all the time, that doesn't mean that behind the scenes they have some problems going on..''
    i have to disagree with that...

simply because problems are never ending, even with the best of the best (our prophet muhammad sallallahi alaihi wasallaam)

so thats what makes the cheerful optimistic happy people strong, that they remain that way even with the problems.

such was our prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam..

-
    -
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
    i have to disagree with that...

simply because problems are never ending, even with the best of the best (our prophet muhammad sallallahi alaihi wasallaam)

so thats what makes the cheerful optimistic happy people strong, that they remain that way even with the problems.

such was our prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam..
    Optimism combined with a will to act... it's how civilisation came to be.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^I agree, but what I meant by my statement was that just because someone seems a bit ''too happy'' all the time, that doesn't necessarily mean that they have problems going on. Heh, maybe it could be a personality trait? Who knows? We can't judge, allaahu 'alim.

And we should take a page from their book, that being sad doesn't solve the problem or make it go away.

*Acausal synchronicity*

Please make du'a for my mom and Dad.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Happiness with a sprinkling of sadness? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Happiness with a sprinkling of sadness?