× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 27 visibility 5336

Your daily prayers on a deluxe carpet

guyabano's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

With the help of an imbedded compass module, the lighted motifs of the rug turn brighter the closer the rug is turned toward the direction of Mecca. This modern sajjadah introduces a brand new experience in the daily performance of namaz.

prayerugng2 - Your daily prayers on a deluxe carpet

Source

Im Always Right,Its Like,When Im Right,Im Right,And When Im Wrong,I Could've Been Right,So Im Still Right,'Cause I Could've Been Wrong!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Your daily prayers on a deluxe carpet

Bravo guyabano a much better thread very relevent to the forum thanks brother and the prayer mat is cool but it might be abit tooo bright with the lights and stuff but i guess i cant say until i buy one lol
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Woahhh!! Nice one!! How much for n where can u buy it?
    chat Quote

guyabano's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior View Post
    Bravo guyabano a much better thread very relevent to the forum thanks brother and the prayer mat is cool but it might be abit tooo bright with the lights and stuff but i guess i cant say until i buy one lol
    That's why the guy wear sunglasses

Peace

Im Always Right,Its Like,When Im Right,Im Right,And When Im Wrong,I Could've Been Right,So Im Still Right,'Cause I Could've Been Wrong!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Dr.Trax's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Electroluminescent Mecca prayer rug!

Selam Alaikym!

It seems interesting....

Electroluminescent Mecca prayer rug

sajjadah 1426 7860 - Your daily prayers on a deluxe carpet By Turkish designer Soner Ozenc:
    The lighted designs brighten the closer the rug is to the direction of Mecca, so the faithful can always be sure they're pointing to the right location, and the soft glow is said to provide a soothing environment in which to fully focus on the prayer.

wwwislamicboardcom - Your daily prayers on a deluxe carpet
    He is Allah - the Creator, the Maker, the Giver of Form. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Everything in the heavens and Earth glorifies Him. He is the Almighty, the All-Wise.
    (Qur'an, 59:24)

greatest 1 - Your daily prayers on a deluxe carpet
    chat Quote

Huma*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Electroluminescent Mecca prayer rug!

JazakAllah thanks for sharing.. I saw something similar to this before.. I think it was in Lufthansa's on board duty-free shopping guide.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Humaira* View Post

JazakAllah thanks for sharing.. I saw something similar to this before.. I think it was in Lufthansa's on board duty-free shopping guide.
    No problem sister!
    Where did you saw that similar....I mean in what conuntry?

He is Allah - the Creator, the Maker, the Giver of Form. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Everything in the heavens and Earth glorifies Him. He is the Almighty, the All-Wise.

chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exactly how does it work? I want to know the technical side to it. I'm really curious as to how things work lol.
    chat Quote

Huma*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dr.Trax View Post
    No problem sister!
    Where did you saw that similar....I mean in what conuntry?

I didn't saw it in any particular country....I saw that ad in a duty-free guide on Board while traveling between UK-Germany.... It was German Airline.
    Last edited by Huma*; 04-05-2008 at 03:06 PM.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Electroluminescent Mecca prayer rug!

Sounds like a good idea, but I don't like the glow. It looks distracting.

chat Quote

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wow, thats coooooool. Well it might be distracting...depends on who i guess.

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Very interesting.
    Illuminated furniture is quite a rage these days so, why not get yourself a lighted prayer rug. Britain-based Turkish designer Soner Özenç has created a lighted sajjadah or prayer rug. Hmmm...Technology intervened in the world of the spiritual too! Built on intricate technology, the Sajjadah 1426 (signifying 2005, which is 1426 according to the Islamic calendar), combines the best of Muslim culture, ingenuous art and electroluminescent phosphor printing technology. If you think all that the wonderful piece of art does is glow, think again. It not only creates a divine aura while a devotee is deep into his namaz, it actually guides him to determine the right direction towards the sacred Mecca. And how does it achieve this end? The lighted motifs of the rug turn brighter the closer the rug is turned toward the direction of Mecca! Though we might be tempted to believe so, this is not due to any divine intervention. The embedded compass module works surreptitiously behind this phenomenon. I would say it’s a beautiful idea. It looks pretty stunning in the dark. Source: http://www.bornrich.org/entry/sajjad...towards-mecca/
    However unless each rug is made with the compass module oriented for your specific location, I would not trust it's accuracy for finding the qibla. A compass works in reference to the north pole, not in reference to Mecca. You can have a large degree of inaccuracy in determining the shortest direction, From any point on earth you will have 4 straight line choices that point to Mecca. But only one will be the shortest. This rug will be oriented to one choice and if you move it from the location it is not oriented for, it may not be the shortest distance, although it will still be pointing towards Mecca.

Herman 1 - Your daily prayers on a deluxe carpet

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I feel I should add a note about the source of these rugs:

Sajjadah 1426 prayer mat by Soner Ozenc

Selected by Rory Dodd, founder of Designersblock

"This electro-luminescent prayer mat contains a compass so its design glows more brightly as it points towards Mecca," says Dodd. "Simultaneously modern and deeply historical, it mixes technology and tradition to enhance everyday usefulness." Turkish-born, British-based designer Ozenc, 27, creates products that combine tradition with contemporary materials and technology. Though not a Muslim, he became interested in rugs and prayer mats while studying at Central St Martins. ("Sajjadah" is a Persian-Turkish word meaning prayer rug; 1426 stands for 2005 in the Islamic calendar.) Price Available on commission, price on application. Production pieces will be available later this year, price to be confirmed. Contact 0779 287 0007, ww.sonerozenc.com

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...ic-801550.html

I would question the reliability of the manufacturer and designers sensitivity for the rug to truly point towards the Qibla and what degree of inaccuracy will their quality control inspections permit.

I suggest spending your money on better things. If you do find beauty in the rug and feel it will benefit you that is fine, but do not rely on it as an accurate means to find the qiblah.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It looks great!

But I wouldn't like to use it myself. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) placed a great deal of emphasis on simplicity. He also said that every religion has it's characteristic, and the characteristic of Islam is modesty. The thing is too luxurious for my liking - and it takes humbleness out of Salaah if you ask me!

It's nice to look at though.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Ali.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It would be distracting in my opinion. But nevertheless; nice!

Should I seek a source of law other than God, when it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (Qur'an) fully explained? And those whom We have given them the Book know that it has been sent down from the Lord with truth, so be not of those in doubt.
    {6:114}

الصبر
    و
    العلم
    chat Quote

S1aveofA11ah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not saying its haraam (as that is an extremley weighty matter only for the learned) but like many of the above posters said it seems distracting. I think there is a hadith somewhere about the Prophet (peace be upon him) not liking to be distracted by vivid patterns/colours in the pray area. Some Muslims just have to go over the top though thesedays.
    chat Quote

FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I tell you by honest. I wouldn't buying that prayer mat, because it would be easily too distacting.
    chat Quote

rabarbara2008's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post

Sounds like a good idea, but I don't like the glow. It looks distracting.
    Yeah I totally agree on this. Personally, I find it easier to concentrate when I am in the dark, or almost. This glowing seems a little 'harsh' if you know what I mean
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis View Post
    Exactly how does it work? I want to know the technical side to it. I'm really curious as to how things work lol.
    It is actually simple. I can not state specifically as I have not seen the schematics but basically you would have the design painted with Electro luminescent paint or dye. That glows in accordance with the strength of the electric current that passed though it the more current the brighter. The current is controlled by a variable resistor in this case the resistor is controlled by a compass needle and not a knob, or solid state circuits that serve the same purpose. turn the rug until the resistor is lined up with the north pole and you get the brightest glow. That is the direction the design is printed. turn any other direction and the glow lessens down to no glow.

Looking at the pictures I suspect it is operated by small button batteries.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Humaira* View Post

I didn't saw it in any particular country....I saw that ad in a duty-free guide on Board while traveling between UK-Germany.... It was German Airline.
    Thanks sister!Jazak'Allah Khair...

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Your daily prayers on a deluxe carpet Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Your daily prayers on a deluxe carpet