× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 32 visibility 5918

The fact that there are so many reverts!

Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Asalaam alykum wa rahmat allah wa barakatahu!

This just came up my head, and i thought we better discuss it

To all none muslim, does the fact that there are soo many none-muslims converting to islam not bothering you? If you have heard their stories they all have something in common! (no matter what background they came from) They will include things like; we came from the dark to the light, If i had the chance i would of chosen this religion much earlia in my life, I found true peace.

These are not my words, but words of people who converted! So that does that not tell you a bit bout your self? That these people at one stage of there life were very sure about how they lived, untill they converted into muslims and they then admitted they where wrong??

I be honest if i heard so many stories about people converting into something and they all have roughly the same stories, i would look up into what why they are converting!

What do you guys think about that? I hope this made sense as it is very late and am very tired If you guys need video's or talk of people who converted I am more than happy to share it!(just if you need proof of what i am saying )
    Last edited by Mikayeel; 02-29-2008 at 11:21 PM.

wwwislamicboardcom - The fact that there are so many reverts!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The fact that there are so many reverts!

Honestly it doesn't matter to me how many people convert to Islam, faith isn't a numbers game to me. As for why they did it...well, you will get the same sentiments from people converting to Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, etc.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

Interesting question. I'm sure we'll hear lots of different views about it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post

To all none muslim, does the fact that there are soo many none-muslims converting to islam not bothering you?
    To be honest, I don't know how many people there are converting to Islam. Personally, I don't know anybody who has converted/reverted, so I can't say it's had an impact on my life. Plus, of course, the only thing splipperier than a statistic is a religious statistic, so it's difficult to tell what the situation is.

If you have heard their stories they all have something in common! (no matter what background they came from) They will include things like; we came from the dark to the light, If i had the chance i would of chosen this religion much earlia in my life, I found true peace.
    I've read lots of convert stories from many religions, and they all share those themes. With a literary hat on, you could say they are the staple tropes of convert stories.
    These are not my words, but words of people who converted! So that does that not tell you a bit bout your self?
    I don't see how it could. Surely their words tell me more about them?

That these people at one stage of there life were very sure about how they lived, untill they converted into muslims and they then admitted they where wrong??
    That certainly happens when people, for reasons best known to themselves, convert from one faith to another. You may have heard about Prof. Anthony Flew, former President of the National Secular Society, who became a deist.

I be honest if i heard so many stories about people converting into something and they all have roughly the same stories, i would look up into what why they are converting!
    Lots of different faith-positions, no?

What do you guys think about that? I hope this made sense as it is very late and am very tired If you guys need video's or talk of people who converted I am more than happy to share it!(just if you need proof of what i am saying )
    Please don't bring out the 'proof' word. Trust me, we've seen it and still aren't convinced.

Your question is an interesting one, and I hope it brings some discussion of just how many people are reverting to Islam. As to the implicit dawah intention expressed in your post, I'm not entirely sure that attempts to convert anyone will be successful at this stage.

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    Honestly it doesn't matter to me how many people convert to Islam, faith isn't a numbers game to me. As for why they did it...well, you will get the same sentiments from people converting to Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, etc.
    Hmm oke thats your view, I am the type of person who is totally opposite

Yea i would of mentioned them (all the other religions) and ask people to look and see what they think, but since i am a muslim and Islam is my way I much rather show from an islamic point of view

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello czgibson
    hmm, I have met alot of people who converted from what ever they believed in into islam! Considering cardiff isnt that big of a city.

If you are interesting i can show you people's talks who converted! So we don't rely to much on statistics, and you could hear it from them! I would like to refer to it as proof, because I don't know what else to call it.

Hmm, I live for the dawah thats my duty! If this here will act as a dawah to certain people then am not complaining! Also With the intention of raising a peacefull discussion

chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmm oke thats your view, I am the type of person who is totally opposite

Yea i would of mentioned them (all the other religions) and ask people to look and see what they think, but since i am a muslim and Islam is my way I much rather show from an islamic point of view
    What I'm saying is that the sentiments you pointed out about "finding peace and the light" and so on is the same sort of thing you will hear from people converting to any faith...that is why their personal emotions about the experience aren't really all that important to me. I hear the same things from people who convert to Christianity. Personally I'm not as concerned with what religion one chooses, as long as one is sincerely looking to place God first in their lives. Of course as a Christian I hope they eventually accept Christ, but that should be obvious.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower. (The Qurán 2:256)

Hadith - Bukhari (#34), Muslim and Ahmad

Abu Kathir said, "I heard Abu Hurayrah say, 'Everyone who has heard of me, even Jews and Christians, has loved me. You see, I wanted my mother to accept Islam, but she kept on refusing. I would tell her that she should, but she would refuse. So I went to the Prophet saawslong 1 - The fact that there are so many reverts! and asked him to pray to Allah for her, which he did. When I went home to her that day, (I found that) she had closed the door. (Once I went inside,) She said to me, 'O Abu Hurayrah! I have embraced Islam.' When I gave the news to the Prophet saawslong 1 - The fact that there are so many reverts!, I asked him to pray for me and my mother. So he said, 'O Allah, Your servants, Abu Hurayrah and his mother, make them beloved to all people!'"

Sister Fatima
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    Hello czgibson
    hmm, I have met alot of people who converted from what ever they believed in into islam! Considering cardiff isnt that big of a city.
    Really? That's interesting. Can you give us some figures? I know quite a few people in Cardiff.

If you are interesting i can show you people's talks who converted! So we don't rely to much on statistics, and you could hear it from them!
    Thanks for the offer, but I've seen plenty of them before, so I wouldn't want to put you through the trouble of putting up the link.

I would like to refer to it as proof, because I don't know what else to call it.
    Whatever you do, don't call it 'proof'. The testimony of one person (or many) cannot, almost by definition, constitute proof.

Call it 'convert testimony' or 'stories from converts' or something similar.

Hmm, I live for the dawah thats my duty! If this here will act as a dawah to certain people then am not complaining! Also With the intention of raising a peacefull discussion
    I think it's an attempt at dawah, so good luck with it anyway.

Amen to the peaceful discussion request.

Peace
    Last edited by czgibson; 03-01-2008 at 12:34 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alykum sister fatima, nice to see you join us

hello czgibson With figures do you mean names?

Hmm its the least i could of offered.

'convert testimony' proofs that there are people converting into islam! I love to have the word proof, gives it some certainty.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alykum sister fatima, nice to see you join us
    No problem, brother of Islam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi.

To all none muslim, does the fact that there are soo many none-muslims converting to islam not bothering you? No. If you have heard their stories they all have something in common! (no matter what background they came from) They will include things like; we came from the dark to the light, If i had the chance i would of chosen this religion much earlia in my life, I found true peace.

These are not my words, but words of people who converted! So that does that not tell you a bit bout your self? No. That these people at one stage of there life were very sure about how they lived, untill they converted into muslims and they then admitted they where wrong?? No, that does not resonate with me.

I be honest if i heard so many stories about people converting into something and they all have roughly the same stories, i would look up into what why they are converting! I believe I know why they are converting. Like when people convert from Islam to Christianity, or theist to atheism. It makes more sense for them.

What do you guys think about that? See previous answers. I hope this made sense as it is very late and am very tired If you guys need video's or talk of people who converted I am more than happy to share it!(just if you need proof of what i am saying ) I've seen a lot of them.
    Answers in blue above.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Gator; 03-01-2008 at 12:53 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

hello czgibson With figures do you mean names?
    No, just numbers. How many people do you know in Cardiif who have converted to Islam in the last year, say? How many people in Cardiff do you think have converted to Islam in the last year?

I don't think I'd be able to hazard a guess, myself.

'convert testimony' proofs that there are people converting into islam! I love to have the word proof, gives it some certainty.

I'm sure you do
    love to have the word 'proof', but you can't in all fairness use that word unless you do actually have proof.

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Greetings,

No, just numbers. How many people do you know in Cardiif who have converted to Islam in the last year, say? How many people in Cardiff do you think have converted to Islam in the last year?

I don't think I'd be able to hazard a guess, myself.

I'm sure you do
    love to have the word 'proof', but you can't in all fairness use that word unless you do actually have proof.

Peace
    I personally know about 7, thats only in my local masjid. I wouldn't have an idea of how many people converted in the last year.

Are you saying, that if i show you people who converted to islam.
    Is not proof that these people converted into islam? Hmm
    Last edited by Mikayeel; 03-01-2008 at 03:52 PM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As you said, people converting to Islam prove people are converting to Islam.
    It does not prove Islam is the real thing or that it is any better than any other religion in existence.
    IMHO, it proves how Islam is one of the few religions that have embraced the modern media, eg the internet, movies etc.
    google "convert to Islam" or "Islam is the truth" and see the multitude of genuine results. Now do the same thing for Christianity or Sikhism. What can you see?
    And it also proves there's a lot of IMHO guilable people who fall for the so called miracles, but this goes for every religion.

Most importantly, do you have any evidence that Islam attracts higher amount of converts than any other religion? Just because you know a couple of them in your local mosque, you can't claim there are "soo many" non-muslims converting to Islam. As far as you know, there could be much more converts in the local church. And anyway, one convert or born-again per one church is still more than, I don't know, 25 converts per one mosque, as there are much more churches in Wales than there are mosques.

I think Christianity is losing primarily to atheism and agnosticism as well as new age hippie relgions. Islam and the rest of the big religions grow mostly due to high birth rates.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    guyabano's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I respect people who convert to Islam. But Islam will never be for me something which I would like to join. And my life is nor sad neither empty. I have a very good life, financially as well as emotionally and socially. I raise 2 kids and we await a 3rd.
    So can anybody give me a reason why my life would be more fulfilled if I was a muslim? I also found true Peace in my life. My wife and my children are my strenght, my light beacon in darkness, the rock in the seashore.

What I miss in the OP's post is, that many people convert to Islam, but also many leave Islam. At least, he has the courage to mention it. Sad to say, everytime I post a link about stats, they get deleted within 10 minutes pretending they are anti-islamic websites. Of course you will never find an pro-islamic website who will admit, that people leave Islam. Same for christians.

So far ***waving from the bright side of life***

Peace

Im Always Right,Its Like,When Im Right,Im Right,And When Im Wrong,I Could've Been Right,So Im Still Right,'Cause I Could've Been Wrong!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano View Post
    What I miss in the OP's post is, that many people convert to Islam, but also many leave Islam. At least, he has the courage to mention it. Sad to say, everytime I post a link about stats, they get deleted within 10 minutes pretending they are anti-islamic websites. Of course you will never find an pro-islamic website who will admit, that people leave Islam. Same for christians.
    I don't think there are any neutral conversion statistics.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano View Post
    I respect people who convert to Islam. But Islam will never be for me something which I would like to join. And my life is nor sad neither empty. I have a very good life, financially as well as emotionally and socially. I raise 2 kids and we await a 3rd.
    So can anybody give me a reason why my life would be more fulfilled if I was a muslim? I also found true Peace in my life. My wife and my children are my strenght, my light beacon in darkness, the rock in the seashore.

Peace
    I am gna ask u something now, nothing PERSONALLY BY ANY MEANS!!!! but say you where to loose your wife and kids!(may god forbid it!) may it never happen!!!, But lets say it did.

Since your family is your support!, YOur light in darkness, they make you who you are! What are you going to do then? Are you just going to give up on life?

No there has to be something bigger to support you!(being your true light!) In case you fall! Something not touched by death!

I hope this makes sense, I really don't mean to offend you!, but just making a simple point clear.
    thanks

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He could also turn to drugs and alcohol, but that's no argument for drugs and alcohol, is it?
    Even if faith and religion were the cure for everything, that would not constitute a proof for the existence of God.
    Last edited by Whatsthepoint; 03-01-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: grammar
    chat Quote

ZarathustraDK's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No there has to be something bigger to support you!(being your true light!) In case you fall! Something not touched by death!
    But why does there have to be something bigger? The notion is, of course, pleasant, which is why one would want it to be so, but that does not by any length mean that it is so.

I want an icecream. *checks fridge*. Darn it, still no icecream in there.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    He could also turn to drugs and alcohol, but that's no argument for drugs and alcohol, is it?
    Even if faith and religion were the cure for everything, that would not constitute a proof for the existence of God.
    hmm, even though I wanted the answer from guyabano, I thank you for your effort.

What is it proof to then? Is it proof that half the world is blind, and need serious treatment?

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! The fact that there are so many reverts! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The fact that there are so many reverts!