× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 60 visibility 7317

Polyandry

Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Polyandry

Report bad ads?

Bismillah

I have been researching alot lately regarding the topic of polyandry (allowing a women to marry more than one partner), and to why Islam prohibits it.

One of the obvious reasons is that the father can't be identified, I have also heard that when a women has more than on partner she is more prone to catch STD (even if they are all faithfull to eachother).

Now i have been looking to confirm this, but I cant find a solid statement that confimrs this. So I was wondering if any one you guys/girls can make me any brighter concerning this.

Thanks

Last edited by Mikayeel; 03-27-2008 at 03:45 AM.
    Polyandry

wwwislamicboardcom - Polyandry
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Polyandry

she will not catch an STD if the men are free of it and if they all
    are faithful. if none of them are infected to start out with and if none of them go outside the marriage, the only way any of them could get an STD would be through an infected needle.
    yes, i assume the prohibition has to do with not being able to prove who the father is. also, it would cut down on the population, since a woman is limited how often she can have a child, and men are not.
    Polyandry

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Polyandry
    chat Quote

Asper's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not to mention that one of the woman's roles in Islam is to be the obvious bearer and raiser of the children. Can't give birth/raise two babies, both coming from different fathers at the same time without a bit of difficulty, can you? :P
    chat Quote

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Polyandry

I think it was because the men were all being murdered or dying on the battlefield and their widows needed somebody to keep them company.
    Polyandry

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^^ That does not apply today, so it should be BANNED!
    Polyandry

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post

I think it was because the men were all being murdered or dying on the battlefield and their widows needed somebody to keep them company.
    Omg everything goes is very slow now!

Neway back to the point. What you are saying fishman is 'why men are allowed to marry more than one women'

This still applies today! As the number of women is significantly higher than men!
    Polyandry

chat Quote

FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

First let us understand the Islamic position. Islam allows polygamy in certain cases but it does not allow polyandry, that is a woman having more than one husband, in any case. This is the legal position.

First, sociologically speaking, the institution of a family in a patriarchal set-up can operate effectively in case of polygamy but it would simply disintegrate under polyandry. For arguments' sake, it is possible to have polyandrous families in a matriarchal set-up, but this would mean a change in the entire social matrix.

Secondly, from a sexo-socialogical viewpoint, it is possible for a man to have sexual relations with all his wives, if he has more than one, and impregnate them. But if a wife has more than one husband, she can, even in that case, be impregnated only by one.

This should also be kept in view that once a woman is pregnant she is not available for sexual relations for some of the time.

Thirdly, even from the physo-sexological viewpoint this arrangement would be an anomaly. Of the many aspects let us just refer to one. If we examine the origin and not merely communication of venereal diseases, we find that they originate from a woman being sexually visited by more than one man. As long as there is a one-man one-woman relationship, venereal diseases would not originate. If a man has sexual contact with more than one woman but the woman with whom he is having this relationship is not in sexual relationship with any other man, venereal diseases would not originate. But if a woman has sexual relations with more than one man the possibilities of the origination of venereal diseases present themselves. It is the nature of things and a violation of this would disturb the entire scheme of life. Polygamy has a place in this scheme, polyandry has none.

Islam has forbidden polyandry not for any partiality towards man, but for the good of man and woman both and of the entire human society.

Sister Fatima
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Both polygyny and polyandry should be banned.
    Last edited by Whatsthepoint; 03-27-2008 at 11:17 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm View Post
    Should people be banned from having more than one partner (outside of marriage)...?
    Yes.
    I don't think adultery should be a punishable offence though, but rather a sufficient argument for divorce, in which the affected spouse would receive a higher percenatge of common property than the wrongdoer or somethng like that.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    Polygyny should not be banned,

As i said the number of women is higher than man. In the UK its between the 4-5 million more female than male.

So assuming a male gets married to one female, then we have leftovers. I would guess that they would want partners to!

So in that case islam allows a man to get married more than ones. Its not recommended, but only the good ones can manage it! As it is hard to treat all wifes equally.
    Polyandry

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    Polygyny should not be banned,

As i said the number of women is higher than man. In the UK its between the 4-5 million more female than male.

So assuming a male gets married to one female, then we have leftovers. I would guess that they would want partners to!

So in that case islam allows a man to get married more than ones. Its not recommended, but only the good ones can manage it! As it is hard to treat all wifes equally.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra...#Age_structure
    There's only about 700,000 more women than men in the UK. However, when it comes to mariage, there's more men than women, as the number of young men exceeds the number of young women.
    And then there's places like India nad China where there's tens of thousands of men unable to find a spouse due to the lack of women.
    So if anything should be legalized, it is polyandry.
    Last edited by Whatsthepoint; 03-28-2008 at 01:06 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/ipc/idbagg
    It seems both the overal world population and the world population fit for marriage are predominantly male.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra...#Age_structure
    There's only about 700,000 more women than men in the UK. However, when it comes to mariage, there's more men than women, as the number of young men exceeds the number of young women.
    And then there's places like India nad China where there's tens of thousands of men unable to find a spouse due to the lack of women.
    So if anything should be legalized, it is polyandry.
    Do excuse me, i thought the number was much higher.
    Since when is there an age limit for marriage? The reason why there are more male than women (in India) is because parents used to kill there babies by abortion when they discovered it was a girl. I don't know if this is still practised
    Polyandry

chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Polygamy = one husband with many wives. occurs mostly in tribunal companies where there is surplus of poor women. This is actually better for humanity in terms of growth population, but it is mainly done for the financial part since it occurs in poor contries

Polygandery = many husbands and one wife. This is actually worse for humanity in terms of growth population. It's only done in very few tribunal areas, mainly because the area is so poor and also because of surplus men.

So it is a matter of culture rather than politics.
    Last edited by aamirsaab; 03-28-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree.
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady View Post
    If we examine the origin and not merely communication of venereal diseases, we find that they originate from a woman being sexually visited by more than one man.

Do you have proof for this? I've never heard this before in my life (and I've studies STD's/STI's a fair bit).
    Polyandry

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The reason why there are more male than women (in India) is because parents used to kill there babies by abortion when they discovered it was a girl. I don't know if this is still practised
    It is, all over Asia! - Which leaves the point whatsthepoint is making true!
    Polyandry

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor View Post
    It is, all over Asia! - Which leaves the point whatsthepoint is making true!
    What if you don't live in Asia?
    Polyandry

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM View Post

I agree.
    You agree that polygyny also should be banned?
    Polyandry

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What if you don't live in Asia?
    The same. No amount of excuses can convince the majority, marrying more than one woman is anything less than sexual urges of the so called men in question! - It's to be BANNED!
    Polyandry

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Polyandry Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Polyandry