× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 48 visibility 5576

Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exclamation Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

Report bad ads?

Former Dutch Labour Party politician Ehsan Jami, the founder of the Committee of ex-Muslims, has announced that he is producing an anti-Islamic cartoon called The Life of Muhammad which will be released on the 20th of April. The film will show a sexually aroused Prophet Muhammad with his nine-year-old wife Aisha.

Members of the Muslims and government contact organisation, CMO, who have viewed a section of the film, say they will go to court in an attempt to have The Life of Muhammad banned. The organisation has described the The Life of Muhammad as totally unacceptable and extremely offensive.

Mr Jami announced last year that he was planning to make a movie. He said the film would be shocking and even more controversial than the Danish Muhammad cartoons.

Source

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

2. Report bad ads?
    Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

This is disgusting and should be banned as hate speech. It serves no other purpose than to offend. The line must be drawn here. Now that the Wilders film is out, every anti-Islamic crackpot in the far-right's fascist pocket is out to see what piece of the action they can get!

If this film was produced about Jesus (peace be upon him) it would be banned (remember 'Life of Brian', which wasn't even that bad?). If this film was produced about Jews, it would be banned (or at least completely reviled and thrown away like the Protocols were). Now, I hope that the governement follows suite with this as well, or I will completely change my opinion on boycotts.

Free speech has limits. This vile publication completely and utterly crosses them.

wwwislamicboardcom - Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

The film will show a sexually aroused Prophet Muhammad with his nine-year-old wife Aisha.

Oh not again! Soooo sickening! ASTAGFIRULLAH!

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Looks like every fricken half brain moron who wants a little fame and money comes to attack islam.

May Allah destroy them all with severest punishment and set an example to other nazi hate mongers.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama View Post
    Looks like every fricken half brain moron who wants a little fame and money comes to attack islam.

May Allah destroy them all with severest punishment and set an example to other nazi hate mongers.
    Ameen on that!!!!

AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Islam sadly seems to be the only target currently. - Pray to Allah.

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!

brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

"O Allah send upon them that which descends from the skies, And that which exudes from the lands, O Allah disintegrate their country"

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor View Post
    Islam sadly seems to be the only target currently. - Pray to Allah.
    No, no, Islam is by no means the only target, it's just that an attack against Islam will very likely make it into news.

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumbs down Re: Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

If this film goes ahead, all hell will break loose

the dutch better be advised to draw the line here, enough is enough

33 43 1 - Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

12. Report bad ads?
    rabarbara2008's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He is now saying the cartoon will not be broadcasted as he can't pay 4 his security.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What do you find offensive? That it's a cartoon of Muhammed? That it shoes him with Aisha? Or is it that he's aroused?

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings Izyan,

format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan View Post
    What do you find offensive? That it's a cartoon of Muhammed? That it shoes him with Aisha? Or is it that he's aroused?
    I find offensive that:

a) He is depicted in the first place. There is evidence in the form of hadith to suggest that depictions of Muhammad are not allowed.

b) That it depicts him in a sexually aroused state which I deem to be disrespectful to him.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He said the film would be shocking and even more controversial than the Danish Muhammad cartoons.
    Oh this should be good. *sarcasm*

EDIT: sarcasm - Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad
    Last edited by ------; 04-04-2008 at 05:25 PM.

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    He said the film would be shocking and even more controversial than the Danish Muhammad cartoons.
    sarcasticclap 1 - Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings Izyan,

I find offensive that:

a) He is depicted in the first place. There is evidence in the form of hadith to suggest that depictions of Muhammad are not allowed.

b) That it depicts him in a sexually aroused state which I deem to be disrespectful to him.
    Isn't Muhammed depicted in ancient Persian art? I would show you but I'm positive that isn't allowed. Muhammed was still just a man, he was not Allah.
    Last edited by aamirsaab; 04-04-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: err...no.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sarcasticclap 1 - Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

Couldn't portray it better myself.

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

Isn't Muhammed depicted in ancient Persian art? I would show you but I'm positive that isn't allowed. Muhammed was still just a man, he was not Allah. I'm pretty sure he was aroused around all of his wives.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) was not 'just a man', he was a Prophet, a very special man! Making images of the Prophets is certainly not right! In fact many Muslims believe (to varying extents) that making images of any being with a soul is forbidden.

As for being aroused with his wives, isn't what people do alone with their wives a private thing? It is very rude to go around making films about people (I mean real people, not fictional ones like characters in comedies) being aroused, or even spreading rumours about these things by talking. If society hasn't taught you this then I am very worried about you...
    And as the Prophet (peace be upon him) is a holy man that makes it even worse.

wwwislamicboardcom - Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings Izyan,

Thank you for your post.

Isn't Muhammed depicted in ancient Persian art?
    Yes, it probably is. There is a difference of opinion between the scholars on the issue. Notably though, other forms of Islamic art depict him with his face veiled or some represent him symbolically.

Muhammed was still just a man, he was not Allah.
    Sure, he is not Allah, although I would argue that he is more than 'just a man'. It is still arguable that depictions of Muhammad are not allowed as there is a chance of it potentially encouraging idolatry. Of course, depictions of Muhammad are more likely to encourage idolatry than depictions of other people, however slight the chance is. This goes to show what a grave sin Shirk is in Islam, as there is only a very small chance of idolatry occuring as a result.

I must make it clear that I am no expert on this issue, so I don't know what the correct ruling is. I do believe that it is at least discouraged by the majority of scholars though.

I'm pretty sure he was aroused around all of his wives.
    Perhaps, but I still deem it disrespectful to depict him in this state in a cartoon, regardless.

Regards
    Last edited by Uthman; 04-04-2008 at 05:32 PM.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post

The Prophet (peace be upon him) was not 'just a man', he was a Prophet, a very special man! Making images of the Prophets is certainly not right! In fact many Muslims believe (to varying extents) that making images of any being with a soul is forbidden.

As for being aroused with his wives, isn't what people do alone with their wives a private thing? It is very rude to go around making films about people (I mean real people, not fictional ones like characters in comedies) being aroused, or even spreading rumours about these things by talking. If society hasn't taught you this then I am very worried about you...
    And as the Prophet (peace be upon him) is a holy man that makes it even worse.
    Muhammed was born in this world and he died in this world. He bled, he cried, he felt. He was just a man. He might have been special but in the end he was still just a man same as all the prophets. Aren't we all children of Allah? Do you think Allah would show more favor over a prophet than he would you? His walk with Allah might have been magnificent but that doesn't make him any better than you. We are all created in Allahs image. As the bible says "All men have fallen short of the glory of God". All men, ALL.

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings Izyan,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, it probably is. There is a difference of opinion between the scholars on the issue. Notably though, other forms of Islamic art depict him with his face veiled or some represent him symbolically.

Sure, he is not Allah, although I would argue that he is more than 'just a man'. It is still arguable that depictions of Muhammad are not allowed as there is a chance of it potentially encouraging idolatry. Of course, depictions of Muhammad are more likely to encourage idolatry than depictions of other people, however slight the chance is. This goes to show what a grave sin Shirk is in Islam, as there is only a very small chance of idolatry occuring as a result.

I must make it clear that I am no expert on this issue, so I don't know what the correct ruling is. I do believe that it is at least discouraged by the majority of scholars though.

Perhaps, but I still deem it disrespectful to depict him in this state in a cartoon, regardless.

Regards
    Thank You for your reply Osman and I agree with all of your points.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad