× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to invest $50 USD to make this into a feature film?

Voters
8. Login to vote on this poll
  • Yes (and I'm Arab/Muslim)

3 37.50%
  • No (and I'm Arab/Muslim)

4 50.00%
  • Yes (and I'm not Arab/Muslim)

0 0%
  • No (and I'm not Arab/Muslim)

1 12.50%
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 2309

Interested in a comedy movie on being Muslim in America? (please read before voting)

arabinamerica's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Interested in a comedy movie on being Muslim in America? (please read before voting)

Report bad ads?

Would you be willing to invest $50 USD to turn the film below into a Major Hollywood Feature?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cCGFkigPQSg

For More Information – Please Read Below

This might be a little odd, but let me introduce myself. My name is Nabil Abou-Harb, I’m an Arab-American film director in the United States. We’re currently working on a feature film comedy called, “Arab! in America!” which is a really funny story about a guy named Osama Ahmed Abou-Bakr trying to find a job in America after 9/11.

It’s a comedy that tries to shed light on the hardships that Muslims and Middle Easterners have to go through everyday in America. We’ve already shot a short-film based on this idea, and I invite you to take a look at the short’s trailer below.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cCGFkigPQSg

Here’s where we’re at… The short-film, Arab! in America! has screened at the Cannes International Film Festival, The Memphis International Film Festival, and the Washington D.C. International Film Festival where it also took home the Audience Award for Best Short Film.

After we screened the film, the response was overwhelming. You should see my Email Inbox. Everyday, I gut pummeled with emails from Arabs, Muslims, and Americans alike – all “begging” for us to make this into a full, feature film. We’ve even talked to a couple of production companies and major movie studios about the project. So we all sat down and wrote – what we think – is an incredible screenplay based off the short.

Here’s where the tricky part comes into play. Full feature movies with A-List actors cost a whole lot more money to make. We have a conservative budget of around 5 million dollars – which in the world of Hollywood, really isn’t all that much money (Little Miss Sunshine was shot for 8 million). All the investors we showed the screenplay to, thought the script was great – but because of the subject matter, they all have passed on the project.

We’ve been shopping around the screenplay for six months and have come really close to getting it funded a couple of times, but we’re now taking matters into our hands. We believe this is a story that needs to be told and it needs to happen as soon as possible. So here’s what we’re thinking about…

Instead of asking the Middle Eastern and Muslim communities to just donate funds – we’re asking to see if people would be interested – at $50 USD – to purchase shares of the movie.

Here’s how it would work – for $50 USD you’d get 1 share out of 100,000 shares in the movie. That one share would be a small percentage of the film. The more you buy, the more of the movie you own. And when the movie comes out –the money the film makes would be dispersed throughout all the shares – which turns our funding problem into a unique investment opportunity for everyone. No studio would own this movie. This film would be owned by the entire Middle Eastern and Muslim community. And we’d all share in the profits.

We really think this is a great, funny, and most importantly – pertinent film. This film speaks to the American public in a comedic way – allowing them to understand our problems in a non-threatening way. I wouldn’t have put over two years of my life into this project if I didn’t think it’d be huge. So we’re scouring the message boards asking people… If we set this up, would you Invest $50 to help make this movie a reality?

Thanks,

Nabil Abou-Harb

2. Report bad ads?
    truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Interested in a comedy movie on being Muslim in America? (please read before voti

Wow sounds hilarius and tiight...i vote yehh
    and im arab...and muslim...

Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Interested in a comedy movie on being Muslim in America? (please read before voti

^^And you are in America (right?)

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i meant to vote number 2 not 4.

can someone change that for me?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

6. Report bad ads?
    truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven View Post
    ^^And you are in America (right?)

lol yeh but that doesnt matter

we need more "worth it" type of comedy in the u.s ....u do realize prince of bel-air is sooo getting old....i watched lyk every episode now

Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim View Post
    lol yeh but that doesnt matter

we need more "worth it" type of comedy in the u.s ....u do realize prince of bel-air is sooo getting old....i watched lyk every episode now
    Lol Thats soo true I watched every episodes TWICE

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

if anyone would like to donate, im sure they will, no need to have a voting system

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

10. Hide
Hey there! Interested in a comedy movie on being Muslim in America? (please read before voting) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Interested in a comedy movie on being Muslim in America? (please read before voting)