× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 12 of 12 visibility 4013

Women of Paradise

Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Women of Paradise

Report bad ads?

roses  150x226JPG 1 - Women of Paradise

"I believe men have blown up the whole hoor-el-ein issue. I don't think it was supposed to get this big; it's just part of the patriarchal culture..."

Unique Muslimah is a journalist and freelance writer who was raised in the West, of Egyptian origin. Unique Muslimah has written for various publications in the US and UK. On Unique Muslimah's blog, she analysis cultures, films, books, people and supports Muslim women's rights according to Islam. To visit her blog check http://uniquemuslimah.wordpress.com where you can also e-mail her.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Women of Paradise

Astaghfirullah, some of the article seemed nice other parts just wierd.

I don't think we focus enough of the hoor al eyn. I haven't heard many lectures about them. As for the non Muslims saying its a brothel, well they'll say what they want, I mean, they say wine will be there, but the Qur'an clearly states also rivers of honey and stuff, yet they dont mention that.

I mean, if Allah stated in his book then surely it is there for a reason, if the men payed attention to this, then we wouldn't hear about all these sisters sharing one husband who dont even treat them good, we wouldnt hear about men lusting after zina I mean, I've never heard the words even mentioned live in a masjid. Never.

Lol though the discription from head to toe maybe abit too much if kids are sisters are there.
    Women of Paradise

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmmm..

I guess a reason why there's a lot of focus on hoor el eyn (didn't really know there was/notice it before this, besides the "72 virgins in heaven when you blow yourself up" nonsense) is because I think the sheikhs and imams in masjids describe to the people what they want to hear. Like if it's women it will be about all the beautiful adornments in jannah, how muslim women will be gorgeous, that sort of thing. With men, it's hoor el eyn... Although I do find it slightly sad that that's the thing most men look forward to in jannah..but meh, guess that's how they were made.
    Women of Paradise

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I myself liked the article. It didn't condemn that there is a reward like that, but it brought up some valid issues.
    Women of Paradise

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Men ignore the fact that scholars have said the women of the world will be more beautiful, by the way.
    I agree with this entirely.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

However, I don't blame Sheikhs for talking about Hoor Al 3yn more often, because it's in their hormones I guess...[no offence and that, but guys seem to have stronger urges]
    Last edited by ------; 06-25-2008 at 07:53 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene - View Post

However, I don't blame Sheikhs for talking about Hoor Al 3yn more often, because it's in their hormones I guess...[no offence and that, but guys seem to have stronger urges]
    Or maybe they talk about it because of the reason Allah spoke about it?
    Women of Paradise

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bro there are a gazillion other topics Allaah spoke about...why focus on that one the most? :X
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I found the article unfair in its tone and usage of language. There are hadeeth that are actually very explicit in describing the Hoor al-'ayn and are very explicit in describing the intimate relations a person in Paradise will have with his wives. The classical scholars have described them in great depth, such as Ibn al Qayyim in his Haadi al-Arwah and Qasidah Nooniyyah, and others besides him. The fact is, this is a reality, and Allaah Himself has mentioned their qualities in the Qur'an. Therefore to use language such as "Is this guy horny?" and other such language as is used in the article is inappropriate and I feel it is mocking an aspect of the religion and our belief and mocks the scholars that wrote about them in great detail. In all honestly, basing my judgment about what the article mentions about what the Imaam said, it seems he only touched the tip of the iceberg in terms of descriptions! Wallaahu Alam.

I do agree though, that perhaps his timing of speaking about them wasn't very wise.

Women of Paradise

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Musaafirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Good Article..
    Though to be fair, it's not applicable to all imams and also it's not right to generalise by saying it's in their nature. Yes, homones do play a big part in people's emotions..but people should know how to control em innit?...
    Women of Paradise

I Loves chocolate I does..
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I do not know how you all found it unfair, maybe you didn't see the big picture. As a matter of fact, what I most understood was not to mock the fact this reward is so greatly explained in detail, neither that it is an important reward, but the fact in the timing of this life and during that situation it was not appropriate to talk about it. Our men in this world (and women, I'm not being anti-men, but this just happens to be about men) are not exactly such great role models in terms of adaab or clothing, or prayers or other important aspects in Islam. I believe she wanted to say before you start thinking about Hoors, try to fix those actually important things and emphasize more on those.

But she is right, it can be a good way to make some men interested.

I can imagine I myself whould just aswell have used such usage of language and tone if I had experienced that situation as the writer.
    Women of Paradise

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene - View Post

Bro there are a gazillion other topics Allaah spoke about...why focus on that one the most? :X
    Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Well sister, maybe part of the wisdom was to attach the male hearts and minds to jannah so that once the attachment is there they will work harder for it and obey more, it is human nature.

Before people use to avoid looking at even the ankles of a woman.
    Now people avoid looking at the ankles because they don't want to waste view time.

It is a said affair, and one of the most tempting things for men are women. Fear the dunya and the women. (not because they are bad, but because we are weak, well some of us)
    Women of Paradise

chat Quote

16. Hide
Hey there! Women of Paradise Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Women of Paradise