× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9 visibility 3972

Hair Style

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hair Style

Report bad ads?

I am a 16 year old asian muslim living in london, i have a mohawk hair style (not the really big onez that the punks have) but i spike my hair up all around from the front and the back. Now the point is that i have recently heard from a friend that this hair style is hareeem. And if i keep this im not a muslim. Is it true ?

Hair Style

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!

2. Report bad ads?
    AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hair Style

Course you're still a Muslim! But I have to admit, that hairstyle is one that is attention seeking and I dislike it in general, it's too 'batty'.

However, one more question: Do you trim your sides and leave the back and front? Since in that case, it's wrong. Refer to this site please: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/3364
    Hair Style

Anonymous account

brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, the back all the way round to the front is longer than the sides, but the sides blend in with back and front, so you can't see much of a difference. Each of my spike is like 7cm long.
    Hair Style

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    Well, the back all the way round to the front is longer than the sides, but the sides blend in with back and front, so you can't see much of a difference. Each of my spike is like 7cm long.
    u measure it . Ask an imam/sholar
    Hair Style

Anonymous account

6. Report bad ads?
    niler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Rasul SAW said anythin resembling wat d kuffars do is haram..

personaly i feel ur hair cut is more of fashion.. to be on d safe side just avoid it alltogether.

Eeman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post

I am a 16 year old asian muslim living in london, i have a mohawk hair style (not the really big onez that the punks have) but i spike my hair up all around from the front and the back. Now the point is that i have recently heard from a friend that this hair style is hareeem. And if i keep this im not a muslim. Is it true ?

Dear sister how you cut your hair doesnt disqualify you from being a muslim,
    and if your friend is a true muslim then i do not believe that she should be quite so quick to judge as to whos muslim and whos not, i havent heard haircuts being haram in the qur'an and Allah swt sending people to hell for it.
    as long as you a true believer in heart and do good and are steadfast in salah and do many thingsto please Allah swt and abstian from committing sin then you are a muslim. as far as im concerned even if your hair was green.

brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman View Post
    Dear sister how you cut your hair doesnt disqualify you from being a muslim,
    and if your friend is a true muslim then i do not believe that she should be quite so quick to judge as to whos muslim and whos not, i havent heard haircuts being haram in the qur'an and Allah swt sending people to hell for it.
    as long as you a true believer in heart and do good and are steadfast in salah and do many thingsto please Allah swt and abstian from committing sin then you are a muslim. as far as im concerned even if your hair was green.
    lol im not a sister, im a brother.

oooooo!!! do sisters cut their hair like this as well ?
    Hair Style

Souljette's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Souljette Of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^

Not that i know of
    Hair Style

“The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs is afflicted, the whole body responds to it with sleeplessness and fever”.

www.souljette.wordpress.com

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

From the link posted earlier:

2 – Imitating the kaafirs or immoral people.

There are many such hairstyles, some of which come under the heading of qaza’ – such as the “Marines” haircut, which is forbidden for two reasons, the fact that it is a kind of qaza’ and the fact that it is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some of them do not involve qaza’ but they are styles that belong to the kuffaar, such as making some of the hair stand up and letting the rest hang down, and so on.

This also includes every hairstyle that belongs to the kaafirs or immoral people, because it is not permissible for a Muslim to resemble them in that, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4031. Classed as hasan by al-Haafiz ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 10/271. its isnaad was classed as jayyid by Shaykh al-Islam in Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 82.

Shaykh al-Islam said:

The least that we can say about this hadeeth is that it implies that it is haraam to imitate them, although the apparent meaning is that the one who imitates them is a kaafir, as in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them”

[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 83.

Imitating foolish people.

These are hairstyles worn by some of the foolish people, which may be included in the categories mentioned above.

See also question no. 14051

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
    I think this will be sufficient and I can close the thread, in order to avoid people giving their own personal opinions on this matter.

Thread Closed.
    Hair Style

12. Hide
Hey there! Hair Style Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hair Style