star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What to do?

Report bad ads?

I am a knowledgable muslim convert and by the grace of allah have been opened up to different spirtual situations that have bred me into a mumin insha allah but from my life before islam i find myself on the constant barrage of the shaytans whisper find myself backsliding what can u do when everything you were taught in life was alie and you come to the truth but at times the truth is to hard to apply when you have lived a certain way your whole life?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: What to do?

Being a revert myself I can identify with your problem. It is difficult. However, you wil find as time pases, even that trial will lessen and become just a memory.

For myself I found that trying to drift into an Islamic Life style, soon made the path of Islam more normal that what my past was.

A few good uslim friends will help make this time of transition easier.
    What to do?

Herman 1 - What to do?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace be upon you bro,

It is hard...even for born Muslims, when they find out that certain things they have a habit of doing is a sin. You just gotta keep strong, ask Allaah for help and to keep you going I guess.

If you get into old ways and sin, repent. If you get into it again, repent. Again and Again.

Look at the Mercy of Allaah...

Hadith Qudsi 33:
    On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).
    Make dua for me bro,

Asaslamu Alaikum
    Last edited by ------; 07-17-2008 at 10:13 AM.
    chat Quote

Mukafi7's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with all the postings. All I can say is that the harder it is, the better rewards you will get if you succeed.
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! What to do? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. What to do?