× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 34 visibility 4175

whats a real masjid???

truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool whats a real masjid???

Report bad ads?

assalamu alaikum,

ok well is there really anything that you can use to know if a masjid is a real masjid? Like , a masjid, when u walk into it you know that ur in a masjid, you know ur in allah's house, you feel very good, you feel everyone around u is religious, or trying to be religious, or trying to convert to islam, or something...but then there's the "masjids" . Where you feel disgusted the second you park the car, and more disgusted looking at the people outisde, and even more, when opening the door and walking in.

I do NOT consider our local masjid a masjid. i consider it a dating line, haram home.

But how can you actually "claim" a masjid is a masjid? How can you know whats a real masjid? Is there liek any hadiths or something?

Jazakallah khair
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: whats a real masjid???

quran or hadiths qork fine?
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

whaat, the question is confusin!

masjid - any place where Allah (swt) is worshipped, or a jamaah happens!

also the mosque your talkin about, surely everyone isnt like that innay! theres good and bad everywhere
    whats a real masjid???

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi View Post
    whaat, the question is confusin!

masjid - any place where Allah (swt) is worshipped, or a jamaah happens!

also the mosque your talkin about, surely everyone isnt like that innay! theres good and bad everywhere

I mean is there like any descriptions of whats a real masjid?
    Coz a place where people go to flirt, imams are retarded, and salah is missed for basketball, is NOT a masjid.
    How can you KNOW its not tho? like is there any hadiths or anything of the ...umm wats that word??? em... things a masjid must obey in order to be a masjid?? god i have the word i dunno what!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ali.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As the jalebi said, a definition of a masjid is a place where you can worship Allah (swt).
    Last edited by Ali.; 07-19-2008 at 10:25 PM.
    whats a real masjid???

Should I seek a source of law other than God, when it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (Qur'an) fully explained? And those whom We have given them the Book know that it has been sent down from the Lord with truth, so be not of those in doubt.
    {6:114}

الصبر
    و
    العلم
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali. View Post
    As the jalebi said, a definition of a masjid is a place where you can worship Allah (swt).

lol i was serious tho. you walk up to an imam brushing his red beard and fixing his sunglasses while staring at a young hijabless lady and ask him whats the word ISLAM mean and they cannot answer it!

Ok then we dont have a masjid here people who go to the masjid here usually talk, play sports, eat, or sell and buy stuff, and rarely do u find praying people...when u do, they pray so fast, and they stare at u staring at them! What kinda prayer is that???
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim View Post
    I mean is there like any descriptions of whats a real masjid?
    Coz a place where people go to flirt, imams are retarded, and salah is missed for basketball, is NOT a masjid.
    How can you KNOW its not tho? like is there any hadiths or anything of the ...umm wats that word??? em... things a masjid must obey in order to be a masjid?? god i have the word i dunno what!
    in the Prophet (Saw) time the mosques were simple, like bricks, rocks and the roof was palm tree leaves, also i cant recall any hadiths where it described what a mosque looks like, because we can pray anywhere innit, like we can make a jamaah in the park and pray, so im not sure there is a hadiths outlinin what a mosques looks lik innaay, but maybe some one more knowledge able then moi can help you with that!!

lol, but surely not everyone goes their to flirt, and miss their salaah, however this is common unfortunately, like the mosque will run a social club and ppl turn up for the social club, and not the salaahs but thats the mosques fault its the people, even some people they have never stepped in a mosque, they have never prayed once, we cant blame their parents and say the parents never encouraged them, they are themselfs to blame.. gerrit
    whats a real masjid???

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi View Post
    in the Prophet (Saw) time the mosques were simple, like bricks, rocks and the roof was palm tree leaves, also i cant recall any hadiths where it described what a mosque looks like, because we can pray anywhere innit, like we can make a jamaah in the park and pray, so im not sure there is a hadiths outlinin what a mosques looks lik innaay, but maybe some one more knowledge able then moi can help you with that!!

lol, but surely not everyone goes their to flirt, and miss their salaah, however this is common unfortunately, like the mosque will run a social club and ppl turn up for the social club, and not the salaahs but thats the mosques fault its the people, even some people they have never stepped in a mosque, they have never prayed once, we cant blame their parents and say the parents never encouraged them, they are themselfs to blame.. gerrit
    ah ok jazakallah khair.
    the feeling thats not a masjid just never leaves me.
    like sometimes even the imam, you kno, that guy supposed to be leading salah, he sits there talking to people in the cafeteria while people are waiting for him to go lead!! thats why i just pray alone then get outta that crappy sunday school/masjid as soon as possible!

neways. jazakallah khair
    chat Quote

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I dont know what are the criterias for a retarded imam as all imams are certified by the state religious authority... but flirting and missing prayer time is something unheard of in any Malaysian mosques...

Do your mosque have any mosque officials and seperate place for female?
    whats a real masjid???

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    'Abd al-Baari's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    al-Taalib
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Regarding your post about Imaams, this maybe an interersting read Insha'Allah.

With regard to the imam’s role in society, there is no doubt that it is an important role. How can it be otherwise when he is leading the prayers which are the most important pillar of Islam after the Shahaadatayn (twin testimony of faith)? The imam is the leader and the worshippers behind him are his followers. The imam guides and leads his jamaa’ah (group) by giving lessons and talks. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Rightly-Guided khaleefahs used to hold gatherings in the mosques where the Muslims would gather so that they might consult with one another concerning religious and worldly matters and so that they might teach the people about Tawheed, fiqh, good manners, and also enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.”

See Ahkaam al-Imaamah wa’l-I’timaam fi’l-Salaah by al-Muneef, p. 64

The imam should check up on those who are absent (from the prayers), and visit the sick, He should strive to meet the needs of the Muslims who pray with him, teaching the ignorant, admonishing the negligent, advising the erring, reconciling those among whom there are differences, bringing them closer to one another and striving to foster friendship and love between them. He should strive to solve social problems that arise among them such as family quarrels, disputes between neighbours and the like. To sum up, the role of the imam is very important and should be appreciated as such. The group should help him to achieve the aims of sharee’ah and ward off anything that is bad or harmful. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
    http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13474/

whats a real masjid???

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    I dont know what are the criterias for a retarded imam as all imams are certified by the state religious authority... but flirting and missing prayer time is something unheard of in any Malaysian mosques...

Do your mosque have any mosque officials and seperate place for female?
    not these imams.

yeh we got an upstairs for women. its always empty tho coz all the ladies are busy talking downstairs instead of praying, and when they do go upstairs to "pray" they rush near the glass part and start staring at the brothers praying since its right under us and there's no wall or anything blocking. :mad: and i dont even know anymore if we got mosque officials

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari View Post

Regarding your post about Imaams, this maybe an interersting read Insha'Allah.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13474/

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR BRO! THank u so much
    chat Quote

Riyadh-ul-Jannah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Interesting subject.. Well I would like to say which ever mosque is a dating line, haram home is definitely not a masjid. I think is a place where a muslim can come to remember Allah, worship Allah and think about Allah. They can read salah and the Quran. A masjid is a holy place and it should be kept clean and tidy, inside and outside.
    :wl:
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

women aren't required to go to masjid anyway, are they?
    if this is true and there is so little religion to be found among the members of your masjid, is staying home an option?
    whats a real masjid???

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - whats a real masjid???
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Riyadh-ul-Jannah View Post

Interesting subject.. Well I would like to say which ever mosque is a dating line, haram home is definitely not a masjid. I think is a place where a muslim can come to remember Allah, worship Allah and think about Allah. They can read salah and the Quran. A masjid is a holy place and it should be kept clean and tidy, inside and outside.
    :wl:
    yah i kno, people in the masjid instead of praying zuhr at zuhr time , they go and sit in the cafeteria, then they take some music, turn it on ALL THE WAY, BAD MUSICCC and sit there playin sports and talking and all as if its some sort of clubbin crap

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    women aren't required to go to masjid anyway, are they?
    if this is true and there is so little religion to be found among the members of your masjid, is staying home an option?
    Nah, but we go on eid, and some taraweeh prayers, and i have to go to stupid stupid sunday school which teaches u stupid stupid bull about stupid stupid fake religon tought by stupid stupid stuuuupid loser racist white teachers that dont kno crap!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Na7lah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Proud LI Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ehhh am guessing ur q is what is ur dream masjid? or wat do u expect in a masjid?
    whats a real masjid???

Learn silence as you have learned speech.
    Speech will guide you, and silence will protect you.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421 View Post
    ehhh am guessing ur q is what is ur dream masjid? or wat do u expect in a masjid?

*thinks very hard*

BOTH

lol nah, i jus expect a masjid to be HALAL instead of HARAAAAAM
    chat Quote

qassy!'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam

Can you give me / us a definition of what you think:

A halal masjid is
    and
    A ha ram masjid is

I dont think you should be judging mosques!
    whats a real masjid???

well....well....well.............
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by qassy! View Post
    Salam

Can you give me / us a definition of what you think:

A halal masjid is
    and
    A ha ram masjid is

I dont think you should be judging mosques!
    i kno thats what i thought...oook

well...

Halal masjid - A halal masjid...no music. no haram. praying. muslims. true imams. no racists unless they looking for islam.

Haram masjid...or MY masjid - Girls flirting with boys in the kiddy playrooms, in the lobby, in the cafeteria, near the fountains, outside, and in the bball court. music very very very very very loud (yet amazingly addictive!!) playin everywhere while people SUPPOSED TO be praying but arent. People missing prayers for flirting, eating, sports, or music. imams that kno nothing pretty much, and watch there hijabless daughters flirt with people. etc etc.

issit bad to judge a masjid when its considered a haram place called a masjid?

btw where ya been?
    chat Quote

qassy!'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i kno thats what i thought...oook

well...

Halal masjid - A halal masjid...no music. no haram. praying. muslims. true imams. no racists unless they looking for islam.

Haram masjid...or MY masjid - Girls flirting with boys in the kiddy playrooms, in the lobby, in the cafeteria, near the fountains, outside, and in the bball court. music very very very very very loud (yet amazingly addictive!!) playin everywhere while people SUPPOSED TO be praying but arent. People missing prayers for flirting, eating, sports, or music. imams that kno nothing pretty much, and watch there hijabless daughters flirt with people. etc etc.

issit bad to judge a masjid when its considered a haram place called a masjid?

btw where ya been?
    hmm......ive never been to a masjid or heard of a masjid that
    1) plays music
    2) has a cafeteria
    3) has a basketball court
    4) Has a place for music
    5) has a place for sport
    6) has a place 2 chat up girls

I think you got the concept messed up ? You mean the prayer room in your college is haram ?

EDIT: been busy with work, full time work kills!!
    whats a real masjid???

well....well....well.............
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Na7lah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Proud LI Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by qassy! View Post
    hmm......ive never been to a masjid or heard of a masjid that
    1) plays music
    2) has a cafeteria
    3) has a basketball court
    4) Has a place for music
    5) has a place for sport
    6) has a place 2 chat up girls

I think you got the concept messed up ? You mean the prayer room in your college is haram ?

EDIT: been busy with work, full time work kills!!
    she's not in college yet
    whats a real masjid???

Learn silence as you have learned speech.
    Speech will guide you, and silence will protect you.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! whats a real masjid??? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. whats a real masjid???