star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've returned to Christ

Report bad ads?

After only 4 days of becoming muslim and then having a "break" so to speak i've returned to my belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the trinity, i would like to remain on this forum though to discuss christianity with muslims that have questions about it.

2. Report bad ads?
    Akmal786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I've returned to Christ

Salaam Brother,

Why do you beleive that Isa' Peace Be Upon Him, is the son of god?

Jazak Allah

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ok brother as you wish

[19.29] But she pointed to him. They said: How should we speak to one who was a child in the cradle?
    [19.30] He said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;
    [19.31] And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;
    [19.32] And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed;
    [19.33] And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.
    [19.34] Such is Isa, son of Marium; (this is) the saying of truth about which they dispute.
    [19.35] It beseems not Allah that He should take to Himself a ! son, glory to be Him; when He has decreed a matter He only says to it "Be," and it is.
    [19.36] And surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, therefore serve Him; this is the right path.
    [19.37] But parties from among them disagreed with each other, so woe to those who disbelieve, because of presence on a great
    [19.38] How clearly shall they hear and how clearly shall they see on the day when they come to Us; but the unjust this day are in manifest error.

[19.90] The heavens may almost be rent thereat, and the earth cleave asunder, and the mountains fall down in pieces,
    [19.91] That they ascribe a son to the Beneficent God.
    [19.92] And it is not worthy of the Beneficent God that He should take (to Himself) a son.
    [19.93] There is no one in the heavens and the earth but will come to the Beneficent God as a servant.

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by jmb272 View Post
    After only 4 days of becoming muslim and then having a "break" so to speak i've returned to my belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the trinity, i would like to remain on this forum though to discuss christianity with muslims that have questions about it.
    "Surely, disbelievers are those who said: ‘Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity).’ But there is no Ilaah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilaah (God —Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them"

[al-Maa'idah 5:73]

Media Tags are no longer supported
    I've returned to Christ

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

6. Report bad ads?
    jmb272's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well because the only real encounters i've had with God are when i've prayed to him as or in the name of Jesus. Also bits in the Qur'an similar to the bible, the fact that the bible was about 500 years old when the Qur'an was aparently revealed to Mohammed, seems suspicious. I know in my heart that in Jesus i can rest assured i will not see eternal torment. When i pray to God, when i read the bible and really understand, i feel a great sense of peace and love that could only come from God.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, if you're convinced and happy all I can say is don't travel to Saudi Arabia as you're officially an apostate now.

I hope you didn't fake your conversion only to be able to return to Christ later.

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This doesnt tell me anything why Christians believe that Jesus is Gods son.

The Prophet Isa never once stated he was the son of god. He reitterated that he was only a servant, prophet.

He could do miracles yes, but that doesnt justify why he was the son of god. Hundreds of prophets came and done miracles but non were mentioned as the sonf of God.

It is a grave sin to associate partners with Allah.

He is One ! its says this in the bible in the quran torah. One. How can he have a son? when he is one? is jesus was his son that would make him God Like therefore not making God one.

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother, If you gave Islam a chance you would see that Allah gives peace in every action we muslims do, although we do not see it sometime, Reading Quran is one way of attaining peace, Praying in humilty 5 times a day and bowing down so many times a day gives another peace.

Peace that no other religion gives. Chritsians read a bible that has changed over the years. how can thats give you peace knowing the words have been changed?

Brother_Mujahid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    To infinity & beyond
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

deep down your still lost and confused.

you'll find your way to the straight path again once your older, stronger and more able.

untill you reach that good luck.
    I've returned to Christ

Member of - LI's MTL™crew (Marriage thread lovers)-

12. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well because the only real encounters i've had with God are when i've prayed to him as or in the name of Jesus. Also bits in the Qur'an similar to the bible, the fact that the bible was about 500 years old when the Qur'an was aparently revealed to Mohammed, seems suspicious. I know in my heart that in Jesus i can rest assured i will not see eternal torment. When i pray to God, when i read the bible and really understand, i feel a great sense of peace and love that could only come from God.
    yep this is a significant reason to why some people suddenly turn to christianity, they want the easy way out - a simple belief that somehow protects them from punishment not matter what the deed, and eventually let them attain paradise

I don't think its meant to be that easy - this life is a test, which requires a bit of effort to pass
    I've returned to Christ

33 43 1 - I've returned to Christ
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SUSPICION IN ISLAM IS WRONG but i knew it from the beginning that the conversion was a fake

the reason i say this is because of alil research i did on previous posts

this post shows great deal of joy from someone that is happy who found something to cling on
    Lots of replies, i feel so welcome

Thanks everyone i love you all!

Most importantly i love Allah for loving me and showing me mercy when i needed it the most. Al Hamdulillah!
    But the post below is very spontaneous and by reading the above post you'd never think in million years the same person would write the post below in the space of 2 DAYS maybe im wrong and he was a muslim but he got mentally out muscled by the shaitan who persuaded him that he is giving up his youth and lifestyle,allah know best

I've decided to take a break from religion.
    I just want to enjoy my youth while i still have it, doing things what people of my age do.

bb for now.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was sincere about Islam but deep down i still knew that Christianity is the truth. Verses such as the one that mentions the Holy Spirit, and Christians being people of the book only encouraged these deep down thoughts and feelings.

I would gladly go to Mecca and Preach the Gospel but it would be insensitive of me.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I would gladly go to Mecca and Preach the Gospel but it would be insensitive of me.
    No worries, Mecca is out of bounds for non-muslims.

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Your first post brother why are you playing around with us you clearly said christianity confused you,what happened!!

I was a Christian but Christianity just really confused me, eventually i became the same old sinner me but then i started watching videos about Islam on YouTube and from what i've heard Islam is the perfect religion.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother,

I reall want to know what you would preach?

How would you preach to muslims who are the most content in their religion?

How much dawah do you see muslims trying to spread in the world? compared to how much preaching christianaty does.

Islam is the fastst growing relgion in the world and has been for many years now. why is this? think about it? despite all the negativity that the media brings upon Islam it allows islam to grow stronger. Why ?

I tell you why, becuase people go and look at islam and find out for themselves what islam teaches and after they edcate themselves they see that Islam really is true !

Allah is One. One means one. if you have a son you cant be one.

Christianity beleives in One god. explain why Jesus is gods son.

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Atleast the brother is in the process of seeking knowledge otherwise he wouldn't have joined the forum,

just keep reading around, you might have had that moment of truth when you decided to turn to islam but its not meant to be temporary, read thoroughly and discover the logic behind our beliefs and why they contradict some christian beliefs, don't fall for anything you might have heard, make sure everything makes sense to you before you take any action

good luck and remember to take your time:smile:
    I've returned to Christ

33 43 1 - I've returned to Christ
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was sincere about Islam but deep down i still knew that Christianity is the truth. Verses such as the one that mentions the Holy Spirit, and Christians being people of the book only encouraged these deep down thoughts and feelings.

The holy spirit is gabrial (in arabic - Jibreel). The christians are the people of the book because it (gosipel) was revealed by Allah to Jesus but it was distorted by men through the passage of time. But there is still some essence of what Allah had originally revealed.

Now obviously you can't abide by a religion that has been distorted by man, so Allah sent His final Prophet to confirm what came before it (i.e. in the Torah and Gosipel) in the Qur'an and completed His favor upon mankind. Muhammad (saw) was sent to the whole world whereas Jesus and all other Prophets and Messengers were sent to a particular people.

To prove that there is still some truth in the bible can be proven by the words of Jesus, the Prophet of Allah, himself.

In the Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

And in Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

This is what is said in your books and the 'Comforter' is Muhammad, hence why Allah says in the Qur'an about the Prophet who is mentioned in the scriptures of the Jews and Christians.

Allah says in the Qur'an:

"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper."

[Surah Al Araf (The Heights) 7:157]

This is clearly talking about Prophet Muhammad, and the message that Islam convays is the same message that was convayed by Jesus, Moses and all other Prophets and Messengers.
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 07-20-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    I've returned to Christ

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just because Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, doesn't make it the truth. Famine spreading throughout Africa doesn't nourish their hungry.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

"I am the way, the truth and the life. No-one comes to the father but by me". - John 4:16

Jesus himself said he is the way, the truth and the life.

The old testament speaks of someone who is coming. These prophets came from the God of Abraham who you also believe in so why do you refuse this belief.

My "Confusion" of christianity was not confusion but refusal to listen, i read the bible but i didn't not pay attention.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the WQord was God. He was with God in the beginning". - John 1:1-2.

Jesus is God.

"You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; his kingdom will never end. How will this be, Mary asked the angel, since i am a virgin? The angel answered, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God." - Luke 1:31-35

Jesus is the Son of Man and the Son of God.

Also the fact that you have all turned sour towards me to me says that you have closed your minds and your hearts to any belief other than your own.

Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello brother jmb272, Do not worry no one has turned sour agianst u, well defo not me

Its ur decision, and I really do wish u the best of luck and I hope u find the truth u are seeking.

As mentioned before, do stay around by all means. We love to have member in this forum no matter what they are! Blue, black, yellow, white, red, japanese, muslim, christian

Take care
    I've returned to Christ

wwwislamicboardcom - I've returned to Christ

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar View Post
    Hello brother jmb272, Do not worry no one has turned sour agianst u, well defo not me

Its ur decision, and I really do wish u the best of luck and I hope u find the truth u are seeking.

As mentioned before, do stay around by all means. We love to have member in this forum no matter what they are! Blue, black, yellow, white, red, japanese, muslim, christian

Take care
    Thanks ra0nar. That means alot.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! I've returned to Christ Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I've returned to Christ