× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 74 visibility 10102

Private Messaging!

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Private Messaging!

Report bad ads?

AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!

Hope you are all well Bi'ithnillahu Ta'aala my brothers and fishters in Deen!

Hmm....welll *grin*

Ookay....I assume most of us here have heard of or used the Private messaging facility during our time here, right? And if not you're just retarded lol

Well basically we all know it exists and we all also know that any member can be contacted using it....But SubhanAllah! My dear brothers and sisters! Please fear Allah regarding all matters! Know that He is watching every single thing that you do, He knows what goes on in the hidden depths of your heart, so please bear that in mind before you do anything.

Brothers - For the sake of Allah (swt) please do not PM sisters without reason, ok you may need help (maybe once in a while, its very possible)....but think for a moment, maybe a brother could help you with the same thing? huh...? Just think insha'Allah, and if you really do need to PM a sis, keep it short and to the point.

And I'd like to mention here that this thread is to remind myself before anybody else since we are all human and prone to make mistakes and to err. But Brothers, please do not PM sisters asking for their personal details etc....this is NOT a matrimonial site subhanAllah if thats what you want then go look for one, but this is not the place.

...Hmm, and also a reminder for the sisters...Let us maintain our Hayaa insha'Allah and keep ourselves away from fitnah, we are the future mothers of this Ummah bi'ithnillah so my dear Akhwaat! Lets keep away from the shaytaans whisperings and safeguard ourselves from harm!

Know that this world is nothing but the blinking of an eye, we are living for the hereafter so lets make sure we are prepared enough for it.

Ok, ima end this with a quote insha'Allah, I really hope nobody was offended by this post and if anybody was then I sincerely apologise.

'The world is 3 days, as for yesterday, it has vanished along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours so work in it.' Hasan al Basri

Lets make sure we make the most of our time insha'Allah and do not live to regret time spent in idle pursuits

Private Messaging!

s a b r

2. Report bad ads?
    FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Private Messaging!

As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

for you being honest! I am pleased to hear this and private messaging is quite dangerous because it could be tempted to become to involved into fitnah.

May Allah Taala rewards on you.

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

how should I put it ????
    you are just amazing sis to remind us with this precious advice
    May Allah grant you Jannat Al Na'eem in sha allah and protect us all from the Satan and his way...........Ameen
    Private Messaging!

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

ayan333's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah View Post
    As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

for you being honest! I am pleased to hear this and private messaging is quite dangerous because it could be tempted to become to involved into fitnah.

May Allah Taala rewards on you.

Definitly..i never really thought about it cuz iv been caught up in all these massive benficial threads

bu shukran sister..im pretty sure many will benefit from this tread

Private Messaging!

Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, Be! and it is.

6. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am glad to see this posted. The timing is very good. This is becoming a problem. Some brothers have been PMing sisters for reasons not related to clarification of a post etc.

Caution Brothers I assure you nearly every sister that gets a PM from a brother, forewards it to an admin or a mod.

I personaly do not like the PM system. If it was my choice, it would be deactivated, but most of the other staff is a bit younger and more tolerant than I am.

However, if I do get any complaints from sisters that a brother is PMing them, that brother will no longer be able to send or recieve PMs except to and from mods.
    Private Messaging!

Herman 1 - Private Messaging!

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumma Ameen to all the Du'aas. JazakAllah khayr

Sisters, just to be on the safe side, you know you can change your settings so that you receive PM's only from mods and people in your contacts right? so you can add the sisters to your contacts and receive PM's from them only. And for all other sisters you dont know particularly well I guess we have the sisters section, sa7?

Wallahu A'lam, just an option.

Private Messaging!

s a b r

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post

Caution Brothers I assure you nearly every sister that gets a PM from a brother, forewards it to an admin or a mod.
    What do you mean? Like if they're being harassed or something or just every single PM from a brother?
    Private Messaging!

alhamdullilah.

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon View Post
    What do you mean? Like if they're being harassed or something or just every single PM from a brother?

If they're being harassed or constantly PM'ed etc etc

Private Messaging!

s a b r

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh okay, that makes sense.. I thought bro woodrow meant that every single PM a sister got from a brother she would forward to a mod...which i found strange..:X
    Private Messaging!

alhamdullilah.

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя View Post

Thumma Ameen to all the Du'aas. JazakAllah khayr

Sisters, just to be on the safe side, you know you can change your settings so that you receive PM's only from mods and people in your contacts right? so you can add the sisters to your contacts and receive PM's from them only. And for all other sisters you dont know particularly well I guess we have the sisters section, sa7?

Wallahu A'lam, just an option.

defenitly agree...but about the sis section..i applied but still cant get in...maybe you can help
    Private Messaging!

Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, Be! and it is.

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333 View Post

defenitly agree...but about the sis section..i applied but still cant get in...maybe you can help
    Wa'alaykum salam

Ukhtee, only a super mod can get you into the sisters section unfortunately, Insha'Allah you could try PM'ing a sister mod and wait until she comes online since I know she has been rather busy lately

Private Messaging!

s a b r

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallaahu khayran sister, this is one of the best advices for the forum. The private message facility is abused all too often and it is very saddening to see it happen. And this applies to any scenario, whether it is joking etc. through reputation messages, userpages and so on, not limited to PMs.

May we all take heed of this advice and avoid all roads to evil.
    Private Messaging!

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa'alaykum salam

Ukhtee, only a super mod can get you into the sisters section unfortunately, Insha'Allah you could try PM'ing a sister mod and wait until she comes online since I know she has been rather busy lately

i was thinking maybe you were a mod..but who would that be?
    shukran i advance
    Private Messaging!

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't talk to ladies - ladies talk to me.

On a serious note: please do not harass members of opposite sex (in any way shape or form). Should any member be harassed via the pm system, please contact a mod, so we can do our job.
    Private Messaging!

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333 View Post

i was thinking maybe you were a mod..but who would that be?
    shukran i advance

Do I look like a geek to you? lol naah the mods are cool masha'Allah ... But here's the sis you need to PM insha'Allah http://www.islamicboard.com/members/al-mu-minah-72.html

Private Messaging!

s a b r

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon View Post
    Oh okay, that makes sense.. I thought bro woodrow meant that every single PM a sister got from a brother she would forward to a mod...which i found strange..:X

There is always a reason. I am very pleased to say that it seems many sisters do not appreciate getting personal PMs from brothers. the opposite is also true, but does not seem to be as often.

True there are times that a PM exchange between genders is not only justified, but valued and needed. But, things that may seem to be prying or flirtatious are often not appreciated, in either direction.
    Private Messaging!

Herman 1 - Private Messaging!

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    There is always a reason. I am very pleased to say that it seems many sisters do not appreciate getting personal PMs from brothers. the opposite is also true, but does not seem to be as often.

True there are times that a PM exchange between genders is not only justified, but valued and needed. But, things that may seem to be prying or flirtatious are often not appreciated, in either direction.

i must say,true and well said

Private Messaging!

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllah....nobody knows this, but well...I made this thread with a certain young sister member in mind...Its true that some of us are probably old enough to keep away from or not respond to any strange PM's or ones in which brothers seem to pry and ask for personal info...But sometimes the youngsters can get caught...

...And the sad thing is....that same member just PM'ed me telling me a bro had been PM'ing her too...I mean come ONNNNN! please fear Allah (swt)! And @ that particular member - sorry I just wanted to point this out

Brothers, please stay away from our young sisters in deen, or any sister for that matter....For Allah's sake, an internet forum is NOT the place...

Private Messaging!

s a b r

Souljette's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Souljette Of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I didn't see this until you told me to..MASHALLAH Jazakallah khair for posting this..it's a good reminder

Private Messaging!

“The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs is afflicted, the whole body responds to it with sleeplessness and fever”.

www.souljette.wordpress.com

24. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!

.... But Brothers, please do not PM sisters asking for their personal details etc....this is NOT a matrimonial site
    lol ...once I posted few matrimonial sites ...brothers , go & visit those links. Best of luck.

sis , a very good post barakallah 1 - Private Messaging!
    Private Messaging!

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Private Messaging! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Private Messaging!