× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 24 visibility 4722

halal job???

ayan333's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

halal job???

Report bad ads?

ok i need a job...and i know that a local grocery store willhire me the quickies...Insh ALLAH

so my question...is it a Halal job

i mean they cell everything,pork,alochol,n i mite come in contact with it if im assigned to be a bagger or chashier

plz help asap Insh ALLAH,need quick advice,real quick

halal job???

Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, Be! and it is.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    MaiCarInMtl's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: halal job???

I'm no expert, but I think since you'd be helping people in their purchasing of non-halal or even haram items it might not be so great.

I see no difference between someone who works at a convenience store, grocery store, liquor stor or as a bartender in a bar as they all deal with alcohol (and possibly other substances).

But please correct me if I am wrong though.

Are there are halal grocery stores in your area?
    chat Quote

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When Allah (swt) forbids something He also forbids its sale (Paraphrased Hadeeth)

However, I dont think that would be the final say on the matter, I'm sure there are differing opinions since just say for example you didnt sell somebody alcohol or pork...the next person would....you just happen to be in that place at that time..I mean its not coz...actually I aint saying anything. Insha'Allah somebody will come with sound proof

WassalamuAlaykum
    halal job???

s a b r
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

dont dooo it

ALLAH (swt) will reward you for abandonin summin for him, like you might even be the manager of a grocery store and then sell all halaal stuff and open a chain of stores, and give us freebies

but seriously i would advise, abandon it for the sake of Allah (swt) and leave what you doubt, you will be rewarded with summin better inshallah
    halal job???

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    BlackMamba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have always wondered whether it is haram to work at stores that sell haram stuff. I know it's haram to be the owner of let's say a liqour store. But just to be a clerk maybe is not haram.
    Cuz look, if you say that's haram then that's taking away a huge chunk of possible jobs for young Muslims. This means 99 percent of all Wal-marts,Targets, gas stations, restaurants, convenince stores, grocery stores, and many more places will all be haram. So added to the fact that Muslims Are discriminated against and a white dude will get a job over me, where do we find a job ?
    halal job???

chat Quote

MaiCarInMtl's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How about a pharmacy (drug store)? There's a lower risk of them selling porc and alcohol... Or how about a natural food store (often vegetarian-only food)?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl View Post

I see no difference between someone who works at a convenience store, grocery store, liquor stor or as a bartender in a bar as they all deal with alcohol (and possibly other substances).

But please correct me if I am wrong though.

Are there are halal grocery stores in your area?
    Ya,that was wut i was thinking,help selling it and buying it is all the same to me..

there are Halal stores,meet store that is,other then that,no
    JazakALLAh Khair

format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя View Post

When Allah (swt) forbids something He also forbids its sale (Paraphrased Hadeeth)

However, I dont think that would be the final say on the matter, I'm sure there are differing opinions since just say for example you didnt sell somebody alcohol or pork...the next person would....you just happen to be in that place at that time..I mean its not coz...actually I aint saying anything. Insha'Allah somebody will come with sound proof

WassalamuAlaykum
    ya thats wut i was thinking...i jus needed to be advised..i try to stay away from all that i have doubts about...which with me is lots

JazakALLAh Khair
    format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi View Post
    dont dooo it

ALLAH (swt) will reward you for abandonin summin for him, like you might even be the manager of a grocery store and then sell all halaal stuff and open a chain of stores, and give us freebies

but seriously i would advise, abandon it for the sake of Allah (swt) and leave what you doubt, you will be rewarded with summin better inshallah
    i guess ill live it alone...not worth the punishment

JazakALLAH Khair

format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15 View Post
    I have always wondered whether it is haram to work at stores that sell haram stuff. I know it's haram to be the owner of let's say a liqour store. But just to be a clerk maybe is not haram.
    Cuz look, if you say that's haram then that's taking away a huge chunk of possible jobs for young Muslims. This means 99 percent of all Wal-marts,Targets, gas stations, restaurants, convenince stores, grocery stores, and many more places will all be haram. So added to the fact that Muslims Are discriminated against and a white dude will get a job over me, where do we find a job ?
    well i no alot of Muslims work at grocery store,but they need to be told weather its halal or haram,it not a joking matter you know..alot of us are ignorant...if thas how u spell it..

JazakALLAH Khair

format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl View Post
    How about a pharmacy (drug store)? There's a lower risk of them selling porc and alcohol... Or how about a natural food store (often vegetarian-only food)?

see thats the problem,i need a job asap n i no grcoery stores are always hiring,there always busy,always need helping handbut its ok...anything for the sake of ALLAH (SWA)

thanks though

halal job???

Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, Be! and it is.
    chat Quote

DaNgErOuS MiNdS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You need to get a proper fatwa because at the end of the day its a non-muslim country and the people catered for will want things that might be haraam to us, obviously directly selling hings like alcohol is haram but working for a store might be diffrent. Just need a fatwa that weighs up everything for you.

Almost everybody in non-muslim countries contributes towards the profits of companies that sell alcohol is that haram aswell?
    halal job???

Take a Visit

Madarak 1 - halal job???We'll make you dizzy
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS View Post
    You need to get a proper fatwa because at the end of the day its a non-muslim country and the people catered for will want things that might be haraam to us, obviously directly selling hings like alcohol is haram but working for a store might be diffrent. Just need a fatwa that weighs up everything for you.

Insh ALLAH i will

Almost everybody in non-muslim countries contributes towards the profits of companies that sell alcohol is that haram aswell?
    well not exactly...when we but things from walmart,target,or any grocery store in in america or anyother non Islamic country we're not directly contributing to them but ALLAh (SWA) knows best

i have Qur'an class tomorow Insh ALLAH so ill ask my well educated teacher Insh ALLAH

JazakALLAH Khair

halal job???

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Also, don't forget it involves mixing and interacting with men on a regular basis..
    halal job???

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon View Post
    Also, don't forget it involves mixing and interacting with men on a regular basis..

so does school or anyother job right...or is that different

idk please answer Insh ALLAH

JazakALLAh Khair

halal job???

chat Quote

qassy!'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon View Post
    My college, work, where I go shopping, where I get my car serviced involves me interacting with females. So I guess that's all haram yes?
    Last edited by qassy!; 08-16-2008 at 02:01 AM.
    halal job???

well....well....well.............
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by qassy! View Post
    My college, work, where I go shopping, where I get my car serviced involves me interacting with females. So I guess that's all haram yes?

i think sister Crayon was jus saying that a job isnt manatory,atleast with my situation,and that school is forced(my situation again)...i dnt know if she was talking about these other activities in general

ALLAH (SWA) Knows Best

halal job???

chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS View Post

Agreed. You should talk to a shaykh from your own country/city about this sister because he will be able to answer your question according to the situation you are in.
    halal job???

wwwislamicboardcom - halal job???
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Islamic Brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Haram

its obvious cmon.

Haram
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333 View Post

i think sister Crayon was jus saying that a job isnt manatory,atleast with my situation,and that school is forced(my situation again)...i dnt know if she was talking about these other activities in general

ALLAH (SWA) Knows Best

Exactly.
    But again, definitely ask a scholar before making any decisions.
    halal job???

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i have a friend who works at smoothy king,i heard shes the manage now so ima try go up there tomorow Insh ALLAH...now some smothies might have geltin in it,is this still haram

http://www.smoothieking.com/smoothies/

halal job???

chat Quote

S1aveofA11ah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333 View Post

i have a friend who works at smoothy king,i heard shes the manage now so ima try go up there tomorow Insh ALLAH...now some smothies might have geltin in it,is this still haram

http://www.smoothieking.com/smoothies/

Asalaamualaikum,

Just point you to something I came across, not making any fatwas, and Allah knows best:

http://calltoislam.com/index.php?opt...=441&Itemid=78

Hope it helps (ameen).
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah View Post
    Asalaamualaikum,

Just point you to something I came across, not making any fatwas, and Allah knows best:

http://calltoislam.com/index.php?opt...=441&Itemid=78

Hope it helps (ameen).

SubahnALLAH

JazakALLAh Khair,clear up alot of things

MAy ALLAH (SWA) reward you Insh ALLAH,Ameen

halal job???

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    .: Jannati :.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

talking from personal experience: you get sick of working in a place that is full and apart of so much Haraam, therefore try and avoid it at all costs, look for alternative job placements Insha'Allah.

Every Job has its Fitnah, its up to you how Halaal you make your surroundings, make sure you're fulfilling all Halaal requirements yourself, whether that be dress or conduct then determine whether your job makes you comprimise your Deen and Halaal requirements, if they do even a little, then you'll be safer to stay away from it all. Allah provides from unimaginable sources Subhan'Allah, so just keep trusting Him (Swt) n something or another will turn up.

Hope it goes well for you sis, I know Job hunting's a pain...
    halal job???

~*~
    Yahyâ ibn Mu‘âdh (rahimahullâh) said:

“Renew your hearts with the remembrance of Allâh because it rushes into forgetfulness.”
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! halal job??? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. halal job???