× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 47 visibility 6623

What do muslims think of the holocaust? you lot tell me pwease!

Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

As you may or may not know im an odd bodd and like to stick out so when all my classmates choose modules relating to Islam, im more of Jewish fan and usually find myself as the only muslim sitting in a class full of jews

and sooooo

My dissertation topic is as follows ; British muslim perspectives on the holocaust(with specific reference to the Tehran Conference and Holocaust Memorial Day.

My supervisor is obviously jewish and says that in all her time teaching she has never supervised such a topic, meaning looking at the holocaust thru muslim eyes.so im the first person to do it

this is what my proposal looks like

TITLE : British Muslim perspectives on the holocaust (with specific reference to the Tehran conference and Holocaust Memorial Day)

Provisional table of contents;

Introduction
    PART 1: Holocaust denial and the Muslim world

Chapter 1: What is Holocaust denial?

Sub questions:
    What are the reasons behind holocaust denial in general?
    • Anti Semitism
    • Anti Zionism
    In what ways has Muslim attitudes towards the holocaust impacted the muslim world?
    • Islam phobia
    • International relations

Chapter 2: The Tehran Conference and Holocaust denial

Sub questions:
    What are the reasons behind Muslim holocaust denial in particular?
    How suspect are the motives for the Tehran conference?
    What impact has the Tehran conference had on Arab - Israeli relations?

PART 2: Muslim ‘resistance’ to the institutionalised memory of the Holocaust in Britain

Chapter 3: British Muslim attitudes to Holocaust Memorial Day (2001ff)

Sub questions:
    What are the origins, aims and objectives behind holocaust memorial day?
    ‘Genocide Memorial Day’ .v. uniqueness of Holocaust.
    Why is there still resistance by Muslims to the institutionalised memory of the holocaust in Britain?
    What effects have resulted from Muslim participation in holocaust memorial day?

Chapter 4: Attitudes to the Holocaust amongst British Muslim Youth

Sub questions:
    What are the Muslim attitudes to the inclusion of the Holocaust in the National Curriculum of England and Wales?(drawing upon fieldwork)

Conclusion
    Proposals / suggestions in light of information and evidence from research.

I just wanted to know what you lot think of this topic and if you have anything interrsting to add, or just your own opinion.

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: What do muslims think of the holocaust? you lot tell me pwease!

Sounds like an interesting topic. I myself believe the official story of the Holocaust completely, and even if six million Jews were not killed then there are still the other victims of the holocaust, the persecution of the Jews before they went to gas chambers and the countless millions of Slavs that were enslaved and massacred to contend with. Its pretty obvious what the intentions of the Nazi Empire were regarding the Jews: their complete and utter elimination from society.

Also, if the Jews weren't killed in the Holocaust, where did they all go? Why are there so many ruined Jewish towns throughout eastern Europe that were abandoned in the '30s and '40s? There is so much evidence for the genocide that Holocaust Denial seems like some kind of mental disorder to me.

Unfortunately there are too many people in the middle east and the Muslim world that have this disorder. This is probably one of the reasons why Islamist and pan-Islamic movements have no credibility with the west, whilst Jewish movements such as zionism do. And it is self-perpetuating: the more that Muslim leaders say illogical things regarding the Holocaust, the more the west is given towards sypmathy with Israel, and the more likely Americans are to say things like 'nuke the ayrabs into glass!' or 'kick the Muslims out the country!'

Its especially illogical given that Arabs are just as semetic as Jews. The Nazis didn't care about religion, if a Jew's grandparents converted to Christianity, they would still try to get them. The Nazis promised great things to the Arabs during the war, but their track record regarding promises is pretty lousy. They promised that they would only use their weapons to defend themselves. They promised that they wouldn't take the rest of Czechoslovakia. They promised that they wouldn't invade the USSR. All of those were broken pretty soon after they were made, so what makes Muslim Nazi-supporters think that they wouldn't have been betrayed as well? Most likely the Arabs would have been treated as the French or the Italians treated them- massacred and treated as second-class citizens.

wwwislamicboardcom - What do muslims think of the holocaust? you lot tell me pwease!
    chat Quote

bewildred's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: What do muslims think of the holocaust? you lot tell me pwease!

Looking for controversy. Ain't ya??????

You are the WE of me (Carson McCullers)
    chat Quote

Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Town near my village had 50% of jewish population in 1939. Now no jew lives there.
    My grandpa was telling that when Germans came to this town for jews to get them to the ghetto, jews started to run to the nearby river and many decided to drown there.
    Countless towns and villages in nowadays western Belarus and western Ukraine had big populations of jews- 25%,30% or sometimes even 50 %.

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just on a personal note. The only problem I see is that the hype about the holocaust ignores the slaughter done against Muslims. It was not just Jews who suffered, we also did. True by numbers more Jews died in the German atrocity, but virtually 100% of all Muslims in Germany died in it and we get no mention.

Herman 1 - What do muslims think of the holocaust? you lot tell me pwease!

chat Quote

Abdu-l-Majeed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Did anyone else notice this:

What are the reasons behind Muslim holocaust denial in particular?
    Who says that there's a Muslim denial of Holocaust??? If this means: "All Muslims, or at least a majority of them deny Holocaust," then this is a peak of stupidity!

As for me: no doubt Holocaust did happen, and Islam condemns killing innocent people. Even in a state of war, Muslims don't kill innocent people.

But, there are a few things that annoy me: that Holocaust is misused. It appears to me that crimes happen only because some people believe that, because of Holocaust, they have the right to it. They use Holocaust as a justification! Also, if you deny Holocaust, you may end up behind bars. However, listen to this example: a supposed expert for terrorism, a guy named "dr" Darko Trifunović denies the Srebenica genocide OPENLY and get noooo jail. And what's more: even after the whole world knew that he denied it, and Srebrenica genocide is the greatest tragedy in Europe after WW II, he still got invited to a Berlin Police congress! In the end he didn't appear there because he supposedly got death threats!

So, as for me, I do regret all the innocent people, especially women and children, who got killed by that Nazi pig. But, today, people do not have the right attitude towards it.
    Last edited by Abdu-l-Majeed; 08-19-2008 at 07:18 PM.

In times of difficulties don't ever say, "Allah, I have a big problem!", say "Hey problem, I have a big Allah!"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with bro Abdu_I_Majid. All Srebreniça negationists won't be sued or even bothered because there's no muslim lobbying.
    Last edited by bewildred; 08-19-2008 at 07:22 PM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Just on a personal note. The only problem I see is that the hype about the holocaust ignores the slaughter done against Muslims. It was not just Jews who suffered, we also did. True by numbers more Jews died in the German atrocity, but virtually 100% of all Muslims in Germany died in it and we get no mention.
    How many Muslims were killed? Were they killed specifically for being Muslim?
    I personally never heard of Muslims being persecuted by the Nazi regime, so you could be right.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you Sahabiyaat;

It seems the Germans have learnt huge lessons since the war, as a nation they seem to carry remorse.

But what of the Jewish Nation, what have they learnt since the Holocaust, surely they would not want to suppress another nation in the way they were suppressed.

And we look at Palestine and the refuge camps the modern Ghettos, how can the Jews condemn the Holocaust when they also appear to be suppressing another nation.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all oppressed people

Eric
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    I personally never heard of Muslims being persecuted by the Nazi regime, so you could be right.
    Well, for a historical note, all the Algerians who were forced by the French colonial system to fight during WW1 and who remained in France after the war was over, were exterminated in different camps. Compared to the jews who were killed there, the number is minor. But a life is a life. It's priceless. It's unique and no one has the right to reap it but Allah.

Bewildred S.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Woodrow, are you joking?
    How many there were muslims in Germany in 1939? 100? 50?

chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The actual numbers were small as the Muslim population was small. However, percentage wise it was large. Nearly if not 100% Little is mentioned in history books, you need to look in places like census records, etc.

I am not at home at the moment and it will be a few days before I return home and find my old world atlas books.

Herman 1 - What do muslims think of the holocaust? you lot tell me pwease!

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred View Post
    Well, for a historical note, all the Algerians who were forced by the French colonial system to fight during WW1 and who remained in France after the war was over, were exterminated in different camps. Compared to the jews who were killed there, the number is minor. But a life is a life. It's priceless. It's unique and no one has the right to reap it but Allah.

Bewildred S.
    Were they killed because of their faith?
    The Third Reich occupied a lot of areas with a significant Muslim population and didn't exterminate Muslims.
    chat Quote

Bittersteel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslims deny the Holocaust->to anger and irritate the Israelis->who they hate for the Israeli-Palestine conflict.
    seems like that to me.
    Last edited by Bittersteel; 08-19-2008 at 07:41 PM.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The actual numbers were small as the Muslim population was small. However, percentage wise it was large. Nearly if not 100% Little is mentioned in history books, you need to look in places like census records, etc.

I am not at home at the moment and it will be a few days before I return home and find my old world atlas books.
    format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
    Woodrow, are you joking?
    How many there were muslims in Germany in 1939? 100? 50?
    I know Wiki isn't a reputable source of information around here, but this is what its got to say on the issue:
    At this time there were 3,000 Muslim in Germany, 300 of whom were of German descent.
    By the end of World War II there were only a few hundred Muslims living in Germany.
    It does seem the number of Muslims decreased dramatically during the World war II, but how do we know the reason is Nazi persecution, or worse, extermination?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Woodrow, my opinion is that you should mind the proportions.
    I am pretty sure that during the World War II hundreds of sikhs died in brittish forces. There were even dozens of Maoris from New Zeland who died then fighting in Creta for example.
    Many nationalities could say - "World War II wasnt just jewish slaughter".
    At least 15 million russians died then,
    Its just that we should seperate Holocaust from the battles that took place in that war. concentration camps were like machines for destroying jews, Poles,gypsies.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85 View Post
    Woodrow, my opinion is that you should mind the proportions.
    I am pretty sure that during the World War II hundreds of sikhs died in brittish forces. There were even dozens of Maoris from New Zeland who died then fighting in Creta for example.
    Many nationalities could say - "World War II wasnt just jewish slaughter".
    At least 15 million russians died then,
    Its just that we should seperate Holocaust from the battles that took place in that war. concentration camps were like machines for destroying jews, Poles,gypsies.
    As well as Hitler's political opponents, homosexuals, Jehovah's witnesses, and perhaps even Muslims.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As well as Hitler's political opponents, homosexuals, Jehovah's witnesses, and perhaps even Muslims.
    The same what I said to Woodrow, know the proportions, Whatsthepoint(but I know that you know )
    We can not say that Holocaust was all aboout killing muslims and jeahova witnesses with all due respect.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, I've always thought that forums offer such an interesting meat for sociologists. The shift from a thread starter to its last post is pretty interesting.

NO ONE in the Holocaust was killed for his religious beliefs. They were exterminated because of their difference.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85 View Post
    The same what I said to Woodrow, know the proportions, Whatsthepoint(but I know that you know )
    We can not say that Holocaust was all aboout killing muslims and jeahova witnesses with all due respect.
    Sorry, I thought you missed those out.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! What do muslims think of the holocaust? you lot tell me pwease! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. What do muslims think of the holocaust? you lot tell me pwease!