× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 61 visibility 9411

If you love Islam so much wouldn’t you be happier living in a Muslim country.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

This is a difficult question to ask as there is no nice way of asking it; whatever groups of words I use it could be interpreted as offensive - I mean no offence I just don’t understand.

The blunt question is:

Three men from Blackburn have just been charged with terrorist offences. I may be wrong but I presume theses men are people of Pakistani origin; if your hate this country so much why not go and live in Pakistan?

2. Report bad ads?
    Afifa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: If you love Islam so much wouldn’t you be happier living in a Muslim country.

It were actually 2 men from blackburn and one from Accrington
    nd it isnt about hating your country...only Allah knows if those men were guilty or not but yh it would be better living in an islamic country but many people who have grown up here prefer living here. I know i do. Our families and friends are here so we would rather live here. If we can practise our faith and religon here with peace we might as well live here surrounded by family and friends.
    I dont know what those men were planning on doing but if they did have issues i tihnk they went about the wrong way with it.
    and about living in pakistan .. most fmailies have orignated from places like pakistan and india but in order to live better and easier lives thier grandfathers and forefathers moved from thier to here so why move back? The quality of living here is better that thier even if it is easier to practise religon thier.

Last edited by Afifa; 08-29-2008 at 04:48 PM.

''Let the days do as they please,
    And be optimistic when destiny decrees,
    Do not despair due to the events of nights past
    For the events of this world were not meant to last.”

[ Imam Al Shafi’ee ]

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: If you love Islam so much wouldn’t you be happier living in a Muslim country.

There are no countries running under sharia law.. so there are no Islamic countries per se.. they are all pretty much the same.. I think England alone owes itself totally to the worlld with its heinous imperious history.. I am surprised it isn't divided between Hong Kong, China, Asia, Africa and the middle east.. for it now to define to the world what civility is-- but I do digress...

Where do you propose Muslim westerners go?
    only 20% of Muslims are actually from the middle east...

Yeah.. you are right... there is no good way to ask such a question, so why do you? just to peddle in everyday banter and bromides?

cheers
    Last edited by جوري; 08-29-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - If you love Islam so much wouldn’t you be happier living in a Muslim country.

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
    This is a difficult question to ask as there is no nice way of asking it; whatever groups of words I use it could be interpreted as offensive - I mean no offence I just don’t understand.

The blunt question is:

Three men from Blackburn have just been charged with terrorist offences. I may be wrong but I presume theses men are people of Pakistani origin; if your hate this country so much why not go and live in Pakistan?
    I'm afraid that's an unfair question.

You're presupposing that these men are indicative of every single (Pakistani-originated) Muslim. Not very good methodology, although I can see why you asked the question.

If I were in your position, I would rephrase the question: 'If the men charged with terrorist offences love Islam and hate (insert non-Muslim country of the month) so much, why don't they move to (insert Muslim country of the month)?'

To which I would answer 'Because they're quite possibly pyromaniacs'.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by x-Afifa-x View Post

It were actually 2 men from blackburn and one from Accrington
    nd it isnt about hating your country...only Allah knows if those men were guilty or not but yh it would be better living in an islamic country but many people who have grown up here prefer living here. I know i do. Our families and friends are here so we would rather live here. If we can practise our faith and religon here with peace we might as well live here surrounded by family and friends.
    I dont know what those men were planning on doing but if they did have issues i tihnk they went about the wrong way with it.
    and about living in pakistan .. most fmailies have orignated from places like pakistan and india but in order to live better and easier lives thier grandfathers and forefathers moved from thier to here so why move back? The quality of living here is better that thier even if it is easier to practise religon thier.

Good answer - thank you for your honesty

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To some people, the worldly benefits of living in a non muslim majority country outweigh the worldly benefits of living in a muslim majority country. By worldly benefit I mean things like a better education, better standard of living, etc. So some people would rather have to drive an hour to get to a mosque in order to get a certain degree from an ivy league university. Some would prefer to stay in a muslim majority country and have to exert less effort to lower their gaze than to make 2 or 3 times their paycheck in their home country. So it depends on the muslim, really.

Also, I know people who are really religious and go to the west (mainly the US and Canada), because they are allowed to fully practice their religion there, more than they would be in many so called democracies in the arab/middle eastern world.

Some other people who are second or third generation immigrants consider the country their parents came to their home, so they have nowhere else to go, and wouldn't want to leave anyway. If some place is your home you're going to try to make the best of it, not just get up and leave when things get tough.

Anyway, my 2 cents..

alhamdullilah.

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A Muslim country doesn't necessarily constitute an Islamic one.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no they dont have to go live in Muslim countries. England is theyre country, they were born there. see your just a bully, you want people who have different opinions than you, and who oppose the system to be silent and LEAVE.

Muslims in the west WHO ARE FROM THE WEST have EVERY RIGHT to speak out against the societies their living in for its backwardness, as well as critisizing the goverment for its crimes and atrocities. its their country, they want to fix it up and have every right to do so. how about you leave these countries if you dont like it, now you will say but its MY COUNTRY, its not your country only but also for the Muslims who were born and raised there, so get used to it.

Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The question is bit xenophobic, political incorrect, or someone would say- racist.
    But I think that it is good q.
    The answer is - Muslims prefer to live in West because ,except few oil rich arabic countries , the life in whole West is much easier and better than in the muslim world.

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

12. Report bad ads?
    roohani.doctor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

having lived in a muslim Arab country for almost all my life, i can tell you that its getting harder and harder to practice islam even there, western culture has seeped in everywhere, and I know friends/people who received criticism for wearing hijab in a mall, or just looked down on because they cover themselves (in a muslim country)....my point is the country doesnt really matter that much anymore, many of these "terrorists" terrorize others in the name of islam, but islam doesnt allow terrorism, therefore these people arent exactly practicing islam....

qassy!'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well i getter a better living of standerd here instead of the UK

well....well....well.............

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine View Post
    I think England alone owes itself totally to the worlld with its heinous imperious history
    I have to say that I am always irritated by the colonial imperialist crap. I would expect that every black person in ‘the west’ wakes up every morning and thanks God that their ancestor was taken (as a slave) from the destitution that is Africa and relative comfort and safety that is the west – I would. AND, likewise I expect that every Pakistani in the UK thanks God that England colonised Pakistan thus giving their parents the opportunity to move to the UK to raise their children in a place which is safe, secure and which provides standards and opportunities they wouldn’t get in Pakistan – I would.

To say that you or your parents suffered because ‘the old country’ was one a colony is, frankly, crap. If you think otherwise you have never been to Africa / Pakistan – I have.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon View Post
    To some people, the worldly benefits of living in a non muslim majority country outweigh the worldly benefits of living in a muslim majority country. By worldly benefit I mean things like a better education, better standard of living, etc. So some people would rather have to drive an hour to get to a mosque in order to get a certain degree from an ivy league university. Some would prefer to stay in a muslim majority country and have to exert less effort to lower their gaze than to make 2 or 3 times their paycheck in their home country. So it depends on the muslim, really.

Also, I know people who are really religious and go to the west (mainly the US and Canada), because they are allowed to fully practice their religion there, more than they would be in many so called democracies in the arab/middle eastern world.

Some other people who are second or third generation immigrants consider the country their parents came to their home, so they have nowhere else to go, and wouldn't want to leave anyway. If some place is your home you're going to try to make the best of it, not just get up and leave when things get tough.

Anyway, my 2 cents..
    Good answer - thank you

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have to say that I am always irritated by the colonial imperialist crap. I would expect that every black person in ‘the west’ wakes up every morning and thanks God that their ancestor was taken (as a slave) from the destitution that is Africa and relative comfort and safety that is the west – I would. AND, likewise I expect that every Pakistani in the UK thanks God that England colonised Pakistan thus giving their parents the opportunity to move to the UK to raise their children in a place which is safe, secure and which provides standards and opportunities they wouldn’t get in Pakistan – I would.

To say that you or your parents suffered because ‘the old country’ was one a colony is, frankly, crap. If you think otherwise you have never been to Africa / Pakistan – I have.
    Thinker, you are from France, Im sure that you know that many of those muslims came to Europe because they were invited and needed by european economies. Since 60's and 70's also your country needed cheap workers, from Morocco and Algeria, and now you have about 5 million muslims aboard.
    My country, Poland, was under communism these times, thats why we almost dont have africana nd asian immigrants (except few thousands vietnamese). But in future we will have to bring some. So I think that the globalization took important role in building african and asian enclaves in our continent.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince View Post
    no they dont have to go live in Muslim countries. England is theyre country, they were born there. see your just a bully, you want people who have different opinions than you, and who oppose the system to be silent and LEAVE.

Muslims in the west WHO ARE FROM THE WEST have EVERY RIGHT to speak out against the societies their living in for its backwardness, as well as critisizing the goverment for its crimes and atrocities. its their country, they want to fix it up and have every right to do so. how about you leave these countries if you dont like it, now you will say but its MY COUNTRY, its not your country only but also for the Muslims who were born and raised there, so get used to it.
    I have lived and worked in many other countries right across the globe and I can tell you that NO other country would offer the welcome and tolerance given ou by the UK.

I am not saying and have never said 'get out.' In fact I stay; stay here, join us, integrate with us.

Of course you have the right to speak out about anything - that's one of the benefits of living in the UK. If I were in Pakistan I would not have the same freedoms you enjoy here.

Do you know what your life and the life of your family and children and future of your children would be like if you lived in Pakistan? I am grateful that my ancestors created the prosperity and freedom I enjoy, why are you not grateful for the same thing?

Tornado's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It would be a much better question if there was actually a true Muslim nation where all rules would be in accordance with Islamic rules and laws. Anything else I don't think really counts because then it's just a nation with Muslim people.
    Last edited by Tornado; 08-29-2008 at 07:47 PM.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85 View Post
    Thinker, you are from France, .
    Hi, Yes, that's bit misleading - I am in France but I am British, retired and living a little closer to the sun.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi, Yes, that's bit misleading - I am in France but I am British, retired and living a little closer to the sun.
    Ok good to know. Welcome aboard.
    I ahve heard that quite a few Brittons leave UK and move to France or Spain.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85 View Post
    The question is bit xenophobic, political incorrect, or someone would say- racist.
    I AM NOT a racist. Perhaps because I have spent most of my life in third world counties I am not as 'policially correct' as I should be.

For many years I worked and lived in (black) African countries and I have had many conversations over a beer with native (educated) Africans on the subject of the 'dogs dinner' that is Africa. I have also worked in the US and had similar (albeit more diffcult) conversation with African Americans. Your native black African knows excatly why his country is the mess it is, he doesn't blame anybody but his own people. That's not true of all black Americans all of whom have never visited Africa (those that have are changed by the experience).

I also sepnt some time in India and Pakistan in the early 80's and I spoke to old people who remembered the Raj and remebered it as a time when their lives and standards and conditions of living were better.

24. Report bad ads?
    The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have lived and worked in many other countries right across the globe and I can tell you that NO other country would offer the welcome and tolerance given ou by the UK.

I am not saying and have never said 'get out.' In fact I stay; stay here, join us, integrate with us.

Of course you have the right to speak out about anything - that's one of the benefits of living in the UK. If I were in Pakistan I would not have the same freedoms you enjoy here.

Do you know what your life and the life of your family and children and future of your children would be like if you lived in Pakistan? I am grateful that my ancestors created the prosperity and freedom I enjoy, why are you not grateful for the same thing?
    first of all im not from the UK. and i grew up in the UAE, ive only been living in the UK for three years now because of studies, which btw i pay 7300 pounds a year for from my own money for the university. and once im done i plan to live in the UAE again because i cant live in a none-Muslim country. infact there was a French school opposite to the school i attended in the UAE

and you say benefits, lol there is nothing that i have here in London that i didnt have in Abu Dhabi, so getttttttttt over yourself. infact in Abu Dhabi i had more than here, i could walk all over the city with no problems, here there are some areas that are a war zone where you will either get stabbed, shot or mugged, just last week i was walking in the street beside the thames river a nice area and 2 idiots wanted to mug me! oh yes also in Abu Dhabi i had 2 mosques near my house, and i could hear the athan everyday.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! If you love Islam so much wouldn’t you be happier living in a Muslim country. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. If you love Islam so much wouldn’t you be happier living in a Muslim country.