× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 50 visibility 8300

Cultural Barrier?!

Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cultural Barrier?!

Report bad ads?

Is the cultural barrier between muslims ever going to be broken? Or is this barrier made to last forever?

Stuff like when i walk into a pakistani mosque, people look at me nd say what are u in the right place? Well obvsly they dnt say that, but i can just see it in their eyes. Will we ever see a bengali marry a nigerian muslim? Can a white revert find a wife without they hustle or being rejected by the demanding arabs.

Will we ever see islam as one nation, a nation in which a mosque will be full of different coloured people just like this; RainbowOverPotalaPalacePicture - Cultural Barrier?!

Something like we see in mekkah! When people go for Haij. "And mankind is naught but a single nation."
    Holy Quran 2:213

So what do u guys think, will his barrier ever be broken? So far i see no signs (ok mayb very little ones )

Cultural Barrier?!

wwwislamicboardcom - Cultural Barrier?!

2. Report bad ads?
    Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Cultural Barrier?!

You know what bro...I'm gunna be optimistic on this one...

Although prejudices may be deeply embedded in the psyche...I do think there will come a day when you'll see a Bangali bro marrying a Nigerian sis with ease.

Where you'll see an Asian family asking for the hand of a revert sis.

But maybe I'm being too optimistic? We can only hope...

WassalamuAlaykum
    Cultural Barrier?!

s a b r

Hamayun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is happening. I can speak for myself. My family accepted my French wife who is a revert with open arms.

Its happening everywhere and Inshallah Muslims around the world will realise we are children of Adam and Eve.

Peace.

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't believe culture will ever be eradicated, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Yes, we are a single nation, but Allah also says:

"O mankind! Lo! We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another. Lo! the noblest of you, in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware." (49:13)

What needs to happen is for us to learn to accept each other for our different cultures, traditions, etc, and for us to learn to get along. If muslims can't properly get along amongst themselves, how do we expect to get along with non muslims, who differ from us to an even greater extent?

Sighh. It'll happen someday, though, inshallah... The only thing we can do until then is work on ourselves, and BE the change instead of waiting for everyone else. "Allah does not change a people's lot unless they change what is in their hearts." (13:11)
    Cultural Barrier?!

alhamdullilah.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'Allah at above. And masha'Allah at how some people are prepared to be that change. Its true that the culture itself cannot and will not be eradicated since different cultures in and of themselves can be rich and beautiful. Its the barriers that need to be broken.
    Cultural Barrier?!

s a b r

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun View Post
    It is happening. I can speak for myself. My family accepted my French wife who is a revert with open arms.

Its happening everywhere and Inshallah Muslims around the world will realise we are children of Adam and Eve.

Peace.

Nice speech crayon

Uhm it might be happening on such a small scale that its unnoticeable, i mean it should happen to the ummah as a whole.
    Cultural Barrier?!

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar View Post

Nice speech crayon

Uhm it might be happening on such a small scale that its unnoticeable, i mean it should happen to the ummah as a whole.

but bro....we cant expect change overnight.

Slowly but surely does the trick insha'Allah
    Cultural Barrier?!

s a b r

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя View Post

You know what bro...I'm gunna be optimistic on this one...

Although prejudices may be deeply embedded in the psyche...I do think there will come a day when you'll see a Bangali bro marrying a Nigerian sis with ease.

Where you'll see an Asian family asking for the hand of a revert sis.

But maybe I'm being too optimistic? We can only hope...

WassalamuAlaykum

Ye unfortunately thats the way i see it aswell , it needs a miracle to change the current situations.
    Cultural Barrier?!

brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Everything starts off small. Gandhi was only 1 man but managed to make history using peace as his weapon.

There is no reason why we can't get the ball rolling and maybe make a difference. Thanks to the internet and technology it is so easy to pass on the message.

We all have the ability to do it. All we need is determination.

12. Report bad ads?
    barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well I suppose I ought to dive in and bring up some talking points.

Islam accepted/accepts slavery if you veiw some scripture and hadith from certain angles. Literal angles.

Historically, Arabs took their slaves mainly from the African tribes. Yes about 3 million slaves were white, but this was miniscule compared to the African slave populations.
    Hence, religion seems to be taking, in some instances, second fiddle to race.
    The Quran is written in Arabic, pure and Clear. Other languages are hence inferior since God would not choose an inferior language.

I could wax lyrical on this, but these two points are sufficient at present.
    Cultural Barrier?!

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Well I suppose I ought to dive in and bring up some talking points.

Islam accepted/accepts slavery if you veiw some scripture and hadith from certain angles. Literal angles.

Historically, Arabs took their slaves mainly from the African tribes. Yes about 3 million slaves were white, but this was miniscule compared to the African slave populations.
    Hence, religion seems to be taking, in some instances, second fiddle to race.
    The Quran is written in Arabic, pure and Clear. Other languages are hence inferior since God would not choose an inferior language.

I could wax lyrical on this, but these two points are sufficient at present.
    I dont get what point ur trying to make.

Before the advent of Islam in Makkah, yeah its true that taking black slaves was the norm. But we all know of the prophets farewell sermon...Where he said that no Arab enjoys superiority over a non-Arab and vice versa

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
    Cultural Barrier?!

s a b r

brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Barney your posts are always the same old uneducated waffle.

Islam never promoted Slavery. Slavery existed before Islam. If anything Islam recommended freeing slaves and offered a reward in return.

I am still new here but you posts are so repetitive and hardly educational.

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™ View Post
    The point Barney mentions of the Quran being in Arabic... I think that is probably one of the reason some Arabs have this sense of superiority about themselves..
    Ahh understood. JazakAllah khayr akhee. It makes sense unfortunately. Dont know how true that is or what our Arab members would think though.
    Cultural Barrier?!

s a b r

brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree on the point that some Arabs do feel like they are superior Muslims. Maybe because the Quran being in Arabic also plays a part.
    Last edited by Mikayeel; 09-15-2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Understood wrong, in a way the brother did not intend :)

18. Report bad ads?
    Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I get those weird looks too whenever I visit our desi populated mosque here. I get asked a lot if I am a revert? Which I have to alsways answer no to lol. People somehow have this image of what a muslim should look like, "mostly look like themselves" which is strange to me.

I don't know. But I do feel somewhat uncomfortable going to the mosque. So I don't go so often unless its at fajr when hardly no ones ther.

Oh and everyone salams their own kind usually all desis salam each other n the rest get ignored. When I say salam i get looked at funny..like haah whaad..?. Lol one time As I was going down the stairs I said salam to this lady and she literally stopped and looked me up and down n just walked away.

I do know this old woman (shes desi) shes really old. Sometimes I go with my Dad to the mosque at ffajr n shes usually there at the sisters area, only me n her . I noticed that she's so friendly and sweet. Shes 89years old lol she's always kissing me and hugging me. I love her!
    Cultural Barrier?!

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And the prophet kept slaves. It dosnt mention if they are black. It's hard to square "all people are equal" with slave ownership. To Square Slave ownership with "All free people are equal" if you squint through 7th century eyes, is easy.

Sorry if my posts are tedious, but please dont confuse teduim with questions that would rather be avoided.
    Cultural Barrier?!

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003

brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think you chose to completely ignore the fact that he married a Slave. What message was he trying to give out by doing that? But I expected you to overlook that... tunnel vision.

brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree on the point that some Arabs do feel like they are superior Muslims. Maybe because the Quran being in Arabic also plays a part.
    I think thats a gneralization to say that all Arabs roll in money. Arabs have to work for a living just like you do. There are no free hand outs in the Arab World. You can n I welcome u to criticize the Royals all u like but the same doesn't go for all the civilians. You are actually discriminating n u dont even know it.
    Last edited by Mikayeel; 09-15-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: could be understood wrongly :)
    Cultural Barrier?!

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah View Post
    I think thats a gneralization to say that all Arabs roll in money. Arabs have to work for a living just like you do. There are no free hand outs in the Arab World. You can n I welcome u to criticize the Royals all u like but the same doesn't go for all the civilians. You are actually discriminating n u dont even know it.
    I had a feeling my post would be perceived in that way but I am not allowed to edit

I didn't mean to generalise hence why I made the word "some" bold. I think I didn't word it right.

Discrimination exists everywhere. Even between Muslims from the same Country etc.

My apologies for not making myself clear.

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy Re: Cultural Barrier?!

I had a feeling my post would be perceived in that way but I am not allowed to edit

I didn't mean to generalise hence why I made the word "some" bold. I think I didn't word it right.

Discrimination exists everywhere. Even between Muslims from the same Country etc.

My apologies for not making myself clear.
    Don't be sad. No need to Apologize, it's alright. I'm sorry if u really cried.
    Cultural Barrier?!

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Cultural Barrier?! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Cultural Barrier?!