× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 18 of 18 visibility 2465

My friend gt chuckd out for plagarism :(

Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

me not in a happy mood *sigh*

my good friend gt dun for plagarism and ive just cum back from the interview which i went with her, for moral support and also being student rep, shes a bit shy and so i did most of the talking for her but i couldnt bail her out and i feel like crap because shes not gt enuf credz to carry on and now shes going to another uni.

and on the drive back home, i was like 'oh remember we did this here, and we did that there' and i think i almost made her cry

sorry im ranting, i hope we can all make Dua for her that she be's successful, and that Allah replace me with an even better friend InshaAllah. She was a really supportive friend

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: My friend gt chuckd out for plagarism :(

why wud u reminisce in suc a situation :|

but sis everythings for the best, getting chucked out aint the worst thing

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol i dont know...i guess i was trying to cheer her up, but i was just upsetting her, its bad for me, because i was trying to move away from sum bad friends,who were starting to change and become a bad influence, and she was good support, and now shes gone.....I wonder what Allah has in store for me this year!!!!! :blind:

My heart, so precious,
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ make friends wiv the librarian, they're usually such lovely people .... not

or as my bro wud say, College is for studying not for having a life !!!!

-
    -
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol

librarians are busy ppl

its not about boo hoo i dont have any friends, on the contrary!, i want to get rid of some!! esp after listening to this audio lecture about having the right friends. (why am i such a freak magnet, why do i ALWAYS attract the wrong sort of friends!!!!!)

whyyyy, whyyy does my friends have to leave now :enough!:

My heart, so precious,
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ print out the above post and show it to every friend u wanna get rid of, it'll work like magic

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

heyyy, not a bad idea

i havent known them to be violent............, but if i am placed in mortal danger, i know who to sue!

Pray for me my dear brothers and sisters, its Ramadan ok, just do me this charity!!

My heart, so precious,
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Plagiarism is a big deal. Most students don't realize how seriously a university and professors take plagiarism.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    Plagiarism is a big deal. Most students don't realize how seriously a university and professors take plagiarism.
    Especially with all this new plagarism detection software out now. Turn it in being the main one.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aww subhanAllah sis. Sorry to hear that. Transfer here with me if you wanna? I could do with another Asian face

And yeh, just hearing the word 'turn it in' is enough to send shivers down my spine

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sorry jolie, she applied to Newman as soon as she got the interview letter, because she knew she wasnt gna get thru.

but the weired thing is, her and other students i speak with, despite completing 2 yrs at uni, still dont know what plagarism is, and only havent been caught out yet, nobody bothers to thourougly read the information given.

If i run for rep again, im gna bring this up. We need a huge colourful powerpoint presentation on plagarism for thick ppl , not miniscule wriritng at the back of sum huge one tonne booklet!

My heart, so precious,
    chat Quote

truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

welll there's a simple solution, now YOU have to be a badass and plagiarize some stuff and tada!
    nah, lol dont lissen to me.
    so what????? did i understand propaa??? issit ur friend get to move for plagiarizing something??? lool sounds like crap. poor uk people. u get caught that quickly?? i mean who DOESNT do that? lololol ok ok em;.......keep in touch wit her, phone, email, post cards etc...btw how far is she? u shud drive by or she drive by and meet up again. or tell her to not listen to her dumbass teachers and stay where she is.
    chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Strangely enough, I think I understand your situation very well. I remember a story about someone who went through a similar thing except that he wasn't guilty, rather it was his colleagues that did the group work with him. He had to appeal against the decision and eventually managed to repeat the year, as opposed to receiving a lesser degree or having to leave the Uni I think. It's true, plagiarism is treated very seriously and often students might not even realise they have broken the rules.

I'm also familiar with this interview scenario and the prospect of losing your only good friend. It's a painful time, but you have to keep in contact with each other to offer support and encouragement. Remember that this is what Allaah (swt) has planned and perhaps He has something better in store for both of you. Keep making du'aa to Allaah (swt) for help, and be patient in this trying time. Insha'Allaah, He will make a way out for you from your difficulty. It takes a little time to overcome the shock and misery, but before long, you will have the strength to continue and face the new year Insha'Allaah.

chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

was it a first time? or was it major plagiarism of a student?

if its minor thins like not referencin they will just mark you down, and warn you, but i think full on plagiarism, they take really seriously, but its easy to plagiarise, just use the synoyms in word lol and change around the words, not that ive done it

and inshallah just keep in contact with your friend, you can still be their friend outside of uni innit

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ thats EXACTLY what i do, and i never get caught! now quit talkin bout it coz teachers browse forums sometimes. (theyr obsessed)

why would u have to be shipped off for something so smallll???
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post

Strangely enough, I think I understand your situation very well. I remember a story about someone who went through a similar thing except that he wasn't guilty, rather it was his colleagues that did the group work with him. He had to appeal against the decision and eventually managed to repeat the year, as opposed to receiving a lesser degree or having to leave the Uni I think. It's true, plagiarism is treated very seriously and often students might not even realise they have broken the rules.

I'm also familiar with this interview scenario and the prospect of losing your only good friend. It's a painful time, but you have to keep in contact with each other to offer support and encouragement. Remember that this is what Allaah (swt) has planned and perhaps He has something better in store for both of you. Keep making du'aa to Allaah (swt) for help, and be patient in this trying time. Insha'Allaah, He will make a way out for you from your difficulty. It takes a little time to overcome the shock and misery, but before long, you will have the strength to continue and face the new year Insha'Allaah.

that was nice akhee, JazakAllah Khair

the guy had the whole essay highlighted!!!!!, he was head of examinations or something, i kept giving my friends looks like omg woman, why didnt u tell me it was this bad!!!!!! lets just say 99.9% of the essay was plagarised, word to word without paraphrasing , and i was like omg, u tell me now!!, how am i meant to defend u!!!, so in the end i just had to agree that it was plagarism , and it was her second tym with the same essay, so i guess it really was her fault.she cud repeat the yr, but i think she'd rather eat snails for iftaar than do that lol

My heart, so precious,
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Newman college is not bad but now what you have to do as a friend is just advice her to put her head dwn and focus if she does that she wont need wikipedia and if you guys arent together in one uni its no big deal its a blessing in disguise you focus on ur stuff and she does hers and by the way you are still in the same city so u can always catch up on gossip or whatever you !women are into
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

actually shes lives 2 streets away, shes been down mine but i havent been down hers, so i guess this is an oppturnity to go ..............i miss her because she was one friend who immediately put me at ease and puts a smile on my face , even when were in the car driving and theres silence, theres that atmosphere of calm and ease, and i havent really experienced that with any other friend.

we do not gossip..............moving on!!!

JazakAllah Khair akhee, its really going to hit me tho wen i start uni and she wont be there....thats when im gna have to get use to her absence.

My heart, so precious,
    chat Quote

23. Hide
Hey there! My friend gt chuckd out for plagarism :( Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. My friend gt chuckd out for plagarism :(