× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 28 visibility 4126

Not a very happy Fish :(

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy Not a very happy Fish :(

Report bad ads?

*sigh*

So it was my first day back at uni today...I walked the 15 minute walk to the building and there wasnt a single hijaabi in sight. Now that didnt bother me because I like grinning at people when they give me weird looks

Then I got to my subject talk and I was the ONLY one who had turned up. I was like 'What the!?' ... So he looked at me and said, 'where's the rest of ur mates?'...I was like, 'Umm most of them didnt wanna do this module'...then he said that he obviously cant run the module with only one student and I'm the only one who registered for it.

Its an Islamic Law module, I really wanna do it and now I feel miserable Not going good at all...

I hate uni, I'm not used to it since my school and 6th form was fully segregated and I totally feel like a fish out of water (literally)

I've got another subject talk in 2 hours...I know I'm the only Muslim student there so I was kinda looking forward to the Islamic Law one..Darn it!

Think I should change my name to Umm Ghurabaah

Please remem me in ur du'aas fishlings

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r

2. Report bad ads?
    truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Not a very happy Fish :(

aw lool sis u shud be lucky u even gots islamic class. besides they prolly would only teach ya crap... as in ...crap... "Hello soon-to-be-terrorist students, and welcome to terrorist class, here you will learn all about terrorism, terrorists, terror, fright, hate, how to terrorize as a hobby, when to apply terror into a soul, what the terrorfull book the Qurterroran has to terror about terrorists and terrorism. Ok lets begin, in order to be a terrorizor terrorist terror causer...you must follow the terror thing called Isterroristlam, in this terroring, you must walk around strapped to school, work, everywhere, even to the restroom, and when u see someone u dont like, pull the string and watch some fireworks, its like magic, but bloodier, i meant terrorier. Lets practice, i will demonstrate how to do it, then this teacher will continue on with terrorist class.I terrorize you (i love u ) . "

anyways sis be brave, whup some @$$, smile, and be a fishy. u gna be so ok coz this is ur islamic module class

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

inshaAllah itll get better for you, but which uni are you going to that has no muslims

Now that didnt bother me because I like grinning at people when they give me weird looks
    somehow that is very easy for me to picture!

.: Jannati :.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя View Post

*sigh*

So it was my first day back at uni today...I walked the 15 minute walk to the building and there wasnt a single hijaabi in sight. Now that didnt bother me because I like grinning at people when they give me weird looks

Then I got to my subject talk and I was the ONLY one who had turned up. I was like 'What the!?' ... So he looked at me and said, 'where's the rest of ur mates?'...I was like, 'Umm most of them didnt wanna do this module'...then he said that he obviously cant run the module with only one student and I'm the only one who registered for it.

Its an Islamic Law module, I really wanna do it and now I feel miserable Not going good at all...

I hate uni, I'm not used to it since my school and 6th form was fully segregated and I totally feel like a fish out of water (literally)

I've got another subject talk in 2 hours...I know I'm the only Muslim student there so I was kinda looking forward to the Islamic Law one..Darn it!

Think I should change my name to Umm Ghurabaah

Please remem me in ur du'aas fishlings

WassalamuAlaykum

You're always in this Fishling's Adiyaats, and You know that hehe *hugs*

Subhan'Allah sis I can imagine how you must be feeling and it can be quite frustrating! perhaps you can talk to the students you have other classes with to encourage them to come? There must be ways to encourage others Insha'Allah, maybe even talk to the tutors,..aren't there any Muslim ones?

I know the feeling of having No Islaam in an environment, you truly feel that you're strange among them, but remember sis you have the wealthiest of possesions with you! Your Deen, your Eemaan..and the very fact that you're a Muslimah! Surely Allah is also on your side, so please don't be disheartened sis Insha'Allah everything will be okay..May Allah (Swt) make it easier for you and improve every situation for you so that it is of benefit to you and brings you happiness..Aameen!! *wub*

Xx

~*~
    Yahyâ ibn Mu‘âdh (rahimahullâh) said:

“Renew your hearts with the remembrance of Allâh because it rushes into forgetfulness.”

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aww BarakAllahu Feekum

JazakAllah khayr sis TrueMuslim

@ Amani: You know which uni it is...nearest to us, but the muslims there, you cant tell they're muslims. But insha'Allah I'll try living in the ISOC rooms

And Muhsinah: Thumma Ameen! may Allah (swt) bless you all

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r

Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

my heart goes out to u delacour, i know it gets a bit gloomy if you dont spot a hijabi for 6 weeks straight (Alhamdulillah thats not the case with me!)

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat View Post
    my heart goes out to u delacour, i know it gets a bit gloomy if you dont spot a hijabi for 6 weeks straight (Alhamdulillah thats not the case with me!)
    Lol I spotted one at the lecture I just got back from though, so alhamdulillah huh? There's like 40 of us with just 2 Muslimah's, should be fun I'm beggining to see it as a challenge now

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aww BarakAllahu Feekum

JazakAllah khayr sis TrueMuslim

WassalamuAlaykum
    sheesh do yall never read what it say under my name??? lol its for real tho. like on september 11 everyone in class starts asking things like "are u gonna blo me up today?" and stuff. and some sit ther "look arab bout to kill me" and crap. and the teacher just staaaaares like he/she is on crackkkk. so they all get whuped together! class "hug"
    seriously sis this is your islamic class. with no racists..........i fink

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim View Post
    with no racists..........i fink
    I'm the only student :/

s a b r

12. Report bad ads?
    chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

as salaam ma alaykam

subhanallah, i used to find myself in similar situations or stuck with non practisin muslims, and if you talk to them bout islam, they are so not interested, and i used it get so annoyed lol like i would be sayin to my non uni friends, im a loner in uni, but alhumdulilla you just gotta get on with it, and talk with with others, like integrate! you racist thug

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm the only student :/
    lol sis i meant no racists in this forum.

but you kno what i would say to you if u were not normal and you were here in person, as in i can see ur skinny fish face???

"hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha loooooooool you were the only one??! hahahahaha looooser! dont you feel so embarassed??! hahaha sucks to be you! HHHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollll!! Your SO EMBARASSING! Get away from me, dam you nerd! loool i dunno what ur gonna do wit the rest of your life! you suck at life! LOOOOOL. you must be sum sort of unknown species! Wheres the news reporter!? *die of laughter* "

but i dont kno u in person, and you are normal.
    soo....

" Awwww sis, luv ya, its ok dont feel embarassed, the only witness was the teacher, and the teacher should feel embarassed for living, ok? dont worry fishy. go around the school with a palestini scarf and KINDLY ask people to join the class, trust me it works EVERY TIME. and i mean EVERY time, as long as u got the scarf k? shoulda been 7 days ago tho but stil works now , im here for ya sis wit the best advice so feel free to not ask me ok? "

wow u cannot find better advice than mine, im so proud of me

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Rofl! I aint embarassed! Its Islamic Law and I'd do it even if it meant being the only student in the whole building! Good advice tho

And wa'alaykum salam brother chacha...I shall be intergrating insha'Allah, like I said, ima live in ISOC

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

and integrate with non muslims!!

think of it as this way Allah (Swt) made a few muslims in the uni, so you could set a example to the non muslims and represent islaam and present it to them

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sis??? noooo dont take my advice unless you have experience with the po po's!

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah true, hmm I guess...The non-muslims last year were interesting...maybe try it again this year In that we had good discussions about Islam and hijab etc...ooh yeah I just remembered how cool last year was JazakAllah khayr!

s a b r

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Im starting uni monday inshallah and i havent got a clue how its gonna be im not gonna be out looking for friends im more of an one man mission kind of guy,i'll just dip in study hard and then dip out and go home thats it!
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 09-18-2008 at 02:54 PM.

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior View Post
    Im starting uni monday inshallah and i havent got a clue how its gonna be im not gonna be out looking for friends im more of a one man mission kind of guy,i'll just dip in study hard and then dip out and go home thats it!
    True...But Uni life can be cool if you know how. Like with the ISOC etc etc. You can make good mates there, nuffin wrong with havin a larf from time to time.

I hated first year, the only reason I got through it was because of my friends and their support. But they doing diff stuf this year.

s a b r

Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aw lool sis u shud be lucky u even gots islamic class.
    I agree. I would never have gotten an Islamic class here where I study at and only two times I did find courses, were in Finnish, a school far away and just by accident, elhamdulillah, I loved the courses, but had no more time for any more, so that was it.

It's so alien to me to hear about people being shocked there are no Muslims in their school/Uni or practicing Muslims. I've lived my life with mainly non-Muslim students around me, only times there were 2-3 Muslims, either by name or practice, it did make a slight difference but it's not like I couldn't live without them or feel worse if they leave or feel like an alien. In my Uni, I don't except to find any Muslims there. It doesn't matter to me, I'm not there for the Muslims but to study. Friends I can make wherever I go and I still have at least a few Muslims outside school or online to chat with, elhamdulillah.

Trust me, you will get used to it, a non-segregated school ain't that bad as all make it seem. Sometimes I think to myself "I wish I was in an all-girls school" but other times no. There are pros and cons in everything. Don't let your attitude get down, hold it up, things really always ain't that bad as they first seem, inshaAllah. I hope you'll manage inshaAllah, take care!

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm always the only Muslim in ma class, you'll get used to it, you might get weird questions, I did loadsa times, I had a teacher that dissed the niqaab alot, like not openly, but you can tell she really hated me, but all ma mates stuck up for me..

You'll be ari, innay, dun worry fishster.

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

24. Report bad ads?
    F0z14's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalaam Alaykum sis hope you are well. you are soooo cute mashallah bless u u make me smile sis. how did it go in the end? i hope it went well, sorry u couldnt do ur module, sounds like a good module 2 do? such a shame. are u doing law btw sis?

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Not a very happy Fish :( Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Not a very happy Fish :(