× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1930

Give advice to a desperate working mom

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Essalamu Alaikum all,

I need your kind advice.I am a working mom who has two wonderful daughters.My life is really hectic between my job and the matters of my house.I try to be as efficient inside and outside my house.However it is really too difficult.I'm feeling like all this stress is consuming me from the inside.
    Yesterday,my husband told me of his desire to have a third child.I was really shocked for both of my pregnancies were really difficult and what followed was worse.My second daughter was a premature and what followed her birth really was too tough on me.She's very late on everything.I find sometimes my husband very unrealistic and selfish for he never helps me at all.My question is:Religion-wise, do I have the right to decline his desire and refuse another pregnancy?

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Zahida's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Give advice to a desperate working mom

Sister i do feel for you, but i do not know if i am right tosay this, but any "ruh" that is meant to be will come onto this planet/world..........

What would you do if you found out that you had fallen pregnant without planning??

This is a decision that only you and your husband can make you relly need to sit down and talk to him, InshAllah he will be understanding and you can come to some conclusion.......... Ameen.
    format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    Essalamu Alaikum all,

I need your kind advice.I am a working mom who has two wonderful daughters.My life is really hectic between my job and the matters of my house.I try to be as efficient inside and outside my house.However it is really too difficult.I'm feeling like all this stress is consuming me from the inside.
    Yesterday,my husband told me of his desire to have a third child.I was really shocked for both of my pregnancies were really difficult and what followed was worse.My second daughter was a premature and what followed her birth really was too tough on me.She's very late on everything.I find sometimes my husband very unrealistic and selfish for he never helps me at all.My question is:Religion-wise, do I have the right to decline his desire and refuse another pregnancy?

Zahida
    chat Quote

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My question is:Religion-wise, do I have the right to decline his desire and refuse another pregnancy?
    Sis, I'd advise you to talk to him first about how you feel. Presuming you havnt already. Most often than not, misunderstandings lie in a lack of communication. He may just understand and be a little sensitive...

s a b r
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

say to him your a workin mum, you wont have the time to give a new baby the time it deserves, unless he is willin to stay home and look after it! be firm and serious, dont bring a child into the world if you now, you wont have the correct time and care for it

dont despair, talk to him inshallah

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Zahida's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

we know whose gonna be wearin the trousers in your relationship lol!!!!!
    format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi View Post
    say to him your a workin mum, you wont have the time to give a new baby the time it deserves, unless he is willin to stay home and look after it! be firm and serious, dont bring a child into the world if you now, you wont have the correct time and care for it

dont despair, talk to him inshallah

Zahida
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I believe you can refuse sis. Islam doesn't regard a woman as a baby-making machine. You are a wife before you became a mother. If he isn't helping you, he isn't fulfilling your rights as a wife. When he starts fulfilling those then he can expect you to mother any more kids of his. Until then, don't put yourself into anymore difficulty.

I did the same thing. And I thank Allah I didnt have four fatherless kids like my neighbour has. I pray Allah guides your husband and makes things easy for you ~ Ameen
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Give advice to a desperate working mom Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Give advice to a desperate working mom