× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 3594

Keeping Calm

highway_trekker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Keeping Calm

Report bad ads?

Al Hasan Al-Basry said:

If you want to see a man, who has insight without being patient, you will find such a man, but if you see one, who has insight and is patient, this is the good one.

Allah, the Almighty says,

“And We made from among them, leaders, giving guidance under Our command, when they were patient and used to believe with certainty in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations etc.)” (Surah As-Sajdah 32: 24)

That is why the soul is compared to fire in the speed it moves and in how it spoils what is around it. The soul takes anger and desire from the fire and the Satan is created from fire.

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said: “Anger is from Satan, Satan is created from fire and fire can be put out with water. If anyone among you gets angry he should perform ablution.” (Abu Dawud)

And in another Hadith he said, “Anger is a firebrand that is to be lit inside the son the Adam.” Can’t you see the red of his eyes and the swelling of his cheeks? They are caused by the blood, which is boiling inside his heart, seeking revenge. And it was recorded by Al-Bukhari and Muslim that the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, “Satan reaches every place in the human body that blood reaches. (everywhere in one’s body.)

And it was recorded in the two Sahih that two men abused each other in front of the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) and one of them became angry and his anger became so intense that his face became swollen and changed. The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, “I know a word, the saying of which will cause him to relax if he says it. If he says, “I seek refuge with Allah from Satan.”

And Allah says,

“The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better, then verily he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend. But none is granted it except those who are patient -- and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion in this world. 36. And if an evil whisper from Shaytan tries to turn you away, then seek refuge in Allah. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.” (Surah Fussilat 41: 34-36)

And He, The Almighty says,

“Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish (i.e. don’t punish them.) and if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitan then seek refuge with Allah. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.” (Surah Al-A’raf 7: 199-200)

And He, The Almighty says,

“Repel evil with that which is better. We are Best-Acquainted with the things they utter. And say: “My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the Shayatin (devils). “And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! Lest they may attend (or come near) me.” (Surah Al-Mu’minun 23: 96-98)

Reference: Al-Fawaid – Ibn Al-Qayyim (Rahimahullah) Pages 354-356
    Keeping Calm

...I wonder at the one who extends his right hand
    To his beloved at the time of seperation and he hastens therein!
    I felt weak and incapable of saying farewell when I saw him
    So my heart shook his hand whilst my eye wept....
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Keeping Calm

nice post ,JazakAllahu Khair

Keeping Calm

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

Na7lah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Proud LI Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Barakallah fik sis
    Keeping Calm

Learn silence as you have learned speech.
    Speech will guide you, and silence will protect you.
    chat Quote

FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'Allah! Excellent article, I have read that before.

Jazaak'Allah Khair sis.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazakiallahu khair...nice reminder...
    Keeping Calm

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Keeping Calm Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Keeping Calm