× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 43 visibility 5820

Laser eye treatment

Kas1m's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Lockpicker
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Laser eye treatment

Report bad ads?

Salam all
    I was watching this dvd program in which the guy decides to go for laser eye treatment and he gets it done and the next day he is walking like nothing happened.
    Laser eye treatment always scared the hell out of me and i know we are talking money here but i also hear its a 50 50 chance and its very risky too.
    Just want to know has anyone had this treatment or know about it. Please share
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Laser eye treatment

i think theyr crap

1. they wayyyyyyyy too expensive!
    2. along with expensive, the doctors dont even need the bigger qualification!
    3. while tryna repair ur vision, u can lose it all!
    4. i forget wher i read wher it said u would damage ur vision partially, like sometimes the nighttime vision u would see "halo"s nd flashes nd all.
    5. NOBODY TELLS U THE RISKS! they try nd keep it like a doctor secret jus so they can get money.

theres still like fity other reasons why laser surgery aint good
    chat Quote

Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

naah they control you to see if you are compatible or not many are "disqualified" to take the surgery.. but if you are compatible..
    you have a great chance to heal your eyesight.
    if you go to a good one that is

Laser eye treatment

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

Ali.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I asked my optician guy and he said it's OK, but it is fairly new and as you said there are risks involved. Personally, I wouldn't go for it.
    Laser eye treatment

Should I seek a source of law other than God, when it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (Qur'an) fully explained? And those whom We have given them the Book know that it has been sent down from the Lord with truth, so be not of those in doubt.
    {6:114}

الصبر
    و
    العلم
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

if you go to the best one ..instead of searching for the cheapiest
    then you have more chance to succeed InshaAllah!

Laser eye treatment

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

cant trust any of them tho. because they rarely ever tell u the risks
    chat Quote

afzalaung's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

since laser treatment's relatively new, i wont go for it.we cant be too sure whats the long term effect.
    let those who've done it serve as 'human guinea pigs'...for the better of mankind.
    Laser eye treatment

يا الله مدد
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

cant trust any of them tho. because they rarely ever tell u the risks
    Well what risk do you expect them to tell you, you might jump up and down unconciously for 15 consecutive days uncontrollably if it doesn't go to plan?

There is one major obvious risk, and a few minor ones I think.
    Last edited by Ali.; 10-23-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    Laser eye treatment

Should I seek a source of law other than God, when it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (Qur'an) fully explained? And those whom We have given them the Book know that it has been sent down from the Lord with truth, so be not of those in doubt.

الصبر
    و
    العلم
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

WHAT risks? you only got a chance to not succeed or make it worser or lose it all or just succeed , my niece did an surgery and she got NO complaints at all
    Laser eye treatment

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

are u kiddin me?
    hwo do ask wat risks are in LASER SURGERY, the NEW surgery, wher the DOCTORS dont even have to be specially qualified for it??
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim View Post
    wher the DOCTORS dont even have to be specially qualified for it??
    Ofcourse they must get training of some sort. Where do you get your info' from?

"Hello, I'm Dr. Hello and I'm here to do your laser eye surgery for you."
    "Oh, splendid! Let's get started then."
    "Ok. Don't worry, this is the first time I've seen one of these machines, but don't panic!"
    Laser eye treatment

الصبر
    و
    العلم
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali. View Post
    Ofcourse they must get training of some sort. Where do you get your info' from?

"Hello, I'm Dr. Hello and I'm here to do your laser eye surgery for you."
    "Oh, splendid! Let's get started then."
    "Ok. Don't worry, this is the first time I've seen one of these machines, but don't panic!"
    Yeh but its not complete. they do get trained but the level they gotta reach to become a doctor in laser surgery isn't at all high/hard to get.
    I get my info from...my brain. news. internet. more new. newspapers. health sites. etc...oh yeh nd my science class

last part......em..
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

here is your risks

Risks

* Over- or under-treatment of the condition may occur, requiring additional surgery, contact lens, or glasses.
    * Reading glasses may still be needed after surgery.
    * Some patients, although they may see much better than before LASIK without glasses, will still need glasses for their best vision.
    * Problems with night driving or visual symptoms, such as glare and haloes.
    * Problems with a decrease in contrast sensitivity, and even with 20/20 vision, objects may appear fuzzy or gray.
    * Corneal infection.
    * Corneal scarring, permanent warping of the cornea and an inability to wear contact lenses.
    * A loss of vision -- not seeing as well after surgery, even with glasses or contacts as before the surgery.
    * Permanent vision loss.
    * Flap complications.
    * Light sensitivity.
    * Dryness.
    * Scratchiness.
    * Patches of red or pink in the white of the eye.
    * Decreased distance vision at high altitudes.
    Laser eye treatment

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why the Procedure Is Performed

LASIK is done most often on people who use glasses or contact lenses because of myopia (nearsightedness). It is occasionally used to correct farsightedness. It may also correct astigmatism.

The FDA has approved the Excimer Laser to correct nearsightedness up to -12.00D with -4.00D of astigmatism, and farsightedness from +1.00 to +6.00 with 1.00D of astigmatism. (Diopter, symbol D, is the measurement of the refractive error. A negative D value indicates nearsightedness and a positive D value indicates farsightedness.)

The FDA, in cooperation with the American Academy of Ophthalmology, has developed the following guidelines and recommendations for good candidates for LASIK:

* You should be at least 18 years old (21 for some lasers), since the vision of people younger than 18 usually continues to change. An exception is the small child with one very nearsighted and one normal eye. The use of LASIK to correct the very nearsighted eye may prevent amblyopia (lazy eye).
    * You should not be pregnant or nursing because these conditions might change the measured refraction of the eye.
    * You should not be taking certain prescription drugs, such as Accutane or oral prednisone.
    * Your eyes must be healthy and your prescription stable. If you're myopic, you should postpone LASIK until your refraction has stabilized, because myopia may continue to increase in some patients until their mid to late 20s.
    * You should be in good general health. LASIK may not be recommended for patients with diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, glaucoma, herpes infections of the eye, or cataracts. You should discuss this with your surgeon.
    * Weigh the risks and rewards. If you're happy wearing contacts or glasses, you may want to forego the surgery.
    * Understand your expectations from the surgery. Are they realistic?
    * For patients with presbyopia, LASIK cannot correct so that one eye can see at BOTH distance and near. However, LASIK can be used to correct one eye for distance and the other for near. If you can adjust to this correction, it may eliminate or reduce your need for reading glasses. In some instances, surgery on only one eye is required. If your doctor thinks you're a candidate, ask about the pros and cons.
    Laser eye treatment

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Description

A complete eye examination will be done before surgery to make sure your eyes are healthy. Once this is determined, the doctor will measure the curve of the cornea and the size and position of the pupils, the shape of the eyes (making sure there are no irregularities that would prevent LASIK as an option), and the thickness of the cornea (making sure there will be enough tissue left, once the cornea is cut and reshaped).

A signed informed consent form is needed before the procedure, confirming knowledge of the risks, benefits, alternative options, and possible complications.

LASIK is an outpatient surgical procedure and will take 10 to 15 minutes for each eye.

The only anesthetic used is an eye drop that numbs the surface of the eye. The procedure is done with the person awake. LASIK may be done on one or both eyes during the same session.

During LASIK, a special knife (a microkeratome) is used to cut a hinged flap of corneal tissue off the outer layer of the eyeball. The flap is lifted out of the way and a special laser is used to reshape the underlying corneal tissue.

The calculation for how much tissue is removed by the laser is done ahead of time. Once the reshaping is done, the surgeon replaces and secures the flap. No stitches are needed. An eye shield or patch will be placed over the eye to protect the flap and to help prevent rubbing or pressure on the eye until it has had enough time to heal.
    Laser eye treatment

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Recovery

* It may take up to 3-6 months for vision to stabilize after surgery.
    * The most common complaints after LASIK are glare, haloes, and difficulty with night driving. Often, these problems will go away after 6 months, but a small percentage of people continue to complain about glare.
    * Sometimes additional surgery may be needed in order to get the best possible vision. These re-operations may be called "enhancement surgery." Generally, while the distance vision may improve with enhancement surgery, other visual symptoms such as glare or haloes may not.
    * The Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) reports that of approximately 500,000 Americans who had LASIK surgery in 1999, 70% had 20/20 vision after surgery.
    * If your distance vision has been corrected with LASIK, it is likely that you may still need reading glasses around age 45.
    * The long-term effects of LASIK past 5 years after the surgery are yet to be determined.
    Laser eye treatment

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Outlook (Prognosis)

Immediately following the surgery, there may be a sense of burning, itching, or a feeling that something is in the eye. There may be mild discomfort for which the doctor may prescribe a mild pain reliever medication. It is very important NOT to rub the eye after LASIK, so that the flap does not dislodge or move.

The day of surgery, vision generally is blurry or hazy but by the next day the blurriness improves. The doctor should be called immediately if there is severe pain or any of the symptoms worsen BEFORE your scheduled follow-up appointment (24-48 hours after surgery).

At the first doctor visit after the surgery, the eye shield will be removed and the doctor will examine your eye and test your vision. You may receive eye drops to help prevent infection. Do not drive until your vision has improved enough to safely do so.

Other things to avoid include swimming, hot tubs, whirlpools, contact sports, lotions, cremes, and eye make-up for between 2-4 weeks after surgery. The doctor will give you specific instructions.
    Laser eye treatment

chat Quote

afzalaung's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i can imagine a worst case scenario..where the doctor doze off during the surgery and aims the laser towards other parts of the face, totally disfiguring the patient.

but..i guess its more of a scifi then real
    Laser eye treatment

يا الله مدد
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

with every treatment theres a risk i havent done laser eye treatment but would consider it for the future, im using laser treatment for something else though and there are risks but Alhumdulillah so far so good
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Kas1m's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Lockpicker
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks for replies. I thought that too. Once you done it there is no turning back too. Im sticking with contacts. My vision is like minus 4 or something.
    Laser eye treatment

Alhamdulillah
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Laser eye treatment Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Laser eye treatment