star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Somthing that worries me.

Report bad ads?

ok lets see If I can site this correctly. (Qur'an 2:9)9. Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise (it) not!

this has worried me I struggle with doubt all my life and this seems to have put more fear in my heart! how do I tell if I am deceiving myself or not? especially if you cant realize it? why go to Hell-fire if you do not realize that you are deceiving yourself?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    INsearch's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Somthing that worries me.

(cuz I want people to see it )
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I really want to perform Shahada (correct spelling?) But I just cant unless I can get some advice on this
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by INsearch View Post
    ok lets see If I can site this correctly. (Qur'an 2:9)9. Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise (it) not!

this has worried me I struggle with doubt all my life and this seems to have put more fear in my heart! how do I tell if I am deceiving myself or not? especially if you cant realize it? why go to Hell-fire if you do not realize that you are deceiving yourself?
    Heres an interpretation of the verse from one of the great islamic scholars of the past, hopefully it will make it more clear for you

* تفسير Tafsir al-Jalalayn

{ يُخَادِعُونَ ٱللَّهَ وَٱلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَمَا يَخْدَعُونَ إِلاَّ أَنْفُسَهُم وَمَا يَشْعُرُونَ }

They would deceive God and the believers, by manifesting the opposite of the unbelief they hide, so that they can avoid His rulings in this world; and only themselves they deceive (yukhādi‘ūn), for the evil consequences of their deception will rebound upon them, as they are disgraced in this world when God makes known to His Prophet what they are hiding, and they will be punished in the Hereafter; and they are not aware, and they do not know that they are actually deceiving themselves (mukhāda‘a [although a third verbal form, from khāda‘a] actually denotes a one-way action, such as [when one says] ‘āqabtu al-lissa, ‘I punished the thief’ [using the third verbal form ‘āqaba]; the mention of ‘God’ in [this statement] is for [rhetorical] effect; a variant reading [for wa-mā yukhādi‘ūna] has wa-mā yakhda‘ūna).

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Zahida's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Tricky........ But for me "decieving myself" means knowing that i am doing something that is wrong, justifying for it and then to carry on doing it......

Zahida
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I really want to perform Shahada (correct spelling?) But I just cant unless I can get some advice on this
    forgive me for taking so long, i have just come on-line.

If that verse doesnt clarify the matter then please continue to question, i havent hardly any knowledge but i'll try inshaAllaah.

again apologies for the delay

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mz View Post
    Heres an interpretation of the verse from one of the great islamic scholars of the past, hopefully it will make it more clear for you

* تفسير Tafsir al-Jalalayn

{ يُخَادِعُونَ ٱللَّهَ وَٱلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَمَا يَخْدَعُونَ إِلاَّ أَنْفُسَهُم وَمَا يَشْعُرُونَ }

They would deceive God and the believers, by manifesting the opposite of the unbelief they hide, so that they can avoid His rulings in this world; and only themselves they deceive (yukhādi‘ūn), for the evil consequences of their deception will rebound upon them, as they are disgraced in this world when God makes known to His Prophet what they are hiding, and they will be punished in the Hereafter; and they are not aware, and they do not know that they are actually deceiving themselves (mukhāda‘a [although a third verbal form, from khāda‘a] actually denotes a one-way action, such as [when one says] ‘āqabtu al-lissa, ‘I punished the thief’ [using the third verbal form ‘āqaba]; the mention of ‘God’ in [this statement] is for [rhetorical] effect; a variant reading [for wa-mā yukhādi‘ūna] has wa-mā yakhda‘ūna).
    So.... this is more like... someone who says they are muslim so they can deceive Allah but in the end they just condemn their selves?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So.... this is more like... someone who says they are muslim so they can deceive Allah but in the end they just condemn their selves?
    yes thats how it appears to me but just to make sure i checked out another interpretation

Ibn Abbas is a direct companion of the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam:

* تفسير Tanwîr al-Miqbâs min Tafsîr Ibn ‘Abbâs
    Recite Verse

(They try to deceive Allah) contravene against Him and denying Him in secret. It is also said that this means that they were so daring with Allah to the extent that they thought they had deceived Him; (and those who believe), Abu Bakr and all the Companions of Muhammad Allah bless him and give him peace; (and they deceive) lie to (none save themselves; but they perceive not), they do not know that Allah informs His Prophet about that which lies secret in their hearts.

Yep so it seems your right, it appears to be speaking of the hypocrites

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So I would hope then that this verse has nothing to do with people who are troubled by doubt and such in their life (like me?) Cuz sometimes I seriously doubt whether I believe or not but thats the thing right? you will NEVER know 100% that Allah exists but you got to trust what Allah says and not bother yourself about the logic behind it?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So I would hope then that this verse has nothing to do with people who are troubled by doubt and such in their life (like me?) Cuz sometimes I seriously doubt whether I believe or not but thats the thing right? you will NEVER know 100% that Allah exists but you got to trust what Allah says and not bother yourself about the logic behind it?
    doubts are from shaytan (satan). The logic is extremely clear, no man will say that something can come from nothing. dwindling over issues will obviously lead to doubts, certainty will come from trusting and practising the teachings of Allah.

Everyone has a different level of faith, some believe stronger then others, the strongest one will persevere best, have most patience and display most wisdom in hard situations... also.. faith fluctuates, at times its extremely high and then at times it might go low. Its why we ask Allah to guide us so many times a day, we're constantly asking for guidance fearing we might be mislead at any time.

Allah certainly exists, the problem is... how strongly are you capable of understanding it.

When Allah wills good for a person, he gives them understanding of the religion (an authentic saying of the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam).

And the better you understand it... the more certain you become of Allahs existence !

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

doubts are from shaytan (satan). The logic is extremely clear, no man will say that something can come from nothing. dwindling over issues will obviously lead to doubts, certainty will come from trusting and practising the teachings of Allah.

Everyone has a different level of faith, some believe stronger then others, the strongest one will persevere best, have most patience and display most wisdom in hard situations... also.. faith fluctuates, at times its extremely high and then at times it might go low. Its why we ask Allah to guide us so many times a day, we're constantly asking for guidance fearing we might be mislead at any time.

Allah certainly exists, the problem is... how strongly are you capable of understanding it.

When Allah wills good for a person, he gives them understanding of the religion (an authentic saying of the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam).

And the better you understand it... the more certain you become of Allahs existence !
    I am certain of Allah's existence ....... hmm now their it goes!! the second I say that I start question myself as to whether that is my own valid belief? uhhgggggggg!!!:enough!::enough!: I heard from a nice Jewish fellow that if you struggle with doubt and worry about things of that nature then you obviously believe! is this a true statement?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am certain of Allah's existence ....... hmm now their it goes!! the second I say that I start question myself as to whether that is my own valid belief? uhhgggggggg!!!:enough!::enough!: I heard from a nice Jewish fellow that if you struggle with doubt and worry about things of that nature then you obviously believe! is this a true statement?
    sounds like a wise jew

see theres a story, a companion of the prophet (sallallahi alaihi wasallaam) once approached him and was extremely worried and in grief. He said he has such thoughts that he would rather fall out of the sky then express them! the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam asked if its to do with faith and when the companion replied in the affirmative the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam said that every believer has these doubts, satan comes to the believers after winning over the disbelievers. There is a level you can reach where such doubts wont bother you, but you need an extremely good understanding and you need to obey Allah and fear him greatly.

i hope you take your shahada soon, you can enter any mosque and take it.

you can say it here too if you want because to me... you sound like a true believer

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sounds like a wise jew

see theres a story, a companion of the prophet (sallallahi alaihi wasallaam) once approached him and was extremely worried and in grief. He said he has such thoughts that he would rather fall out of the sky then express them! the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam asked if its to do with faith and when the companion replied in the affirmative the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam said that every believer has these doubts, satan comes to the believers after winning over the disbelievers. There is a level you can reach where such doubts wont bother you, but you need an extremely good understanding and you need to obey Allah and fear him greatly.

i hope you take your shahada soon, you can enter any mosque and take it.

you can say it here too if you want because to me... you sound like a true believer
    that.... just... gave.. me some super awesome peace thank you so much for sharing that with! me! just the idea that doubt is a sign of satan attacking a believer.. wow thank you so much ahhh the Shahada I am feeling ready but one proble their are no mosques in my state (I think) or at least... their are no Mosques near where I live.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol may Allah guide us both ^ oh i see, well if you want we're always online for you well not always, i might hav to be offline inabit

-
    -
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sorry for the double post but I got a quick question since this place gets the quickest responses! do you say the Shahada in Arabic? in English or both? also out loud or silent?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ you can say it in arabic out loud.

let me youtube it for you so you can hear it and repeat with it :

EDIT: sry was a bad link, looking for another one

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

on a completely unrelated note:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HC34OQ...eature=related

^ mike tyson declares shahada in english lol

and ... this will warm your heart :

Media Tags are no longer supported

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WyapD4jFljg

-
    -
    chat Quote

Hamayun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhan Allah Brother.

Seems like Allah has chosen to guide you. I am so happy.

I went through the same doubts as you at one point. But the more I searched, the more I asked Allah to help me understand, the stronger my eeman became.

The Shaytan whispers to you to make you doubt. But the moment your head touches the floor in prayer they will disappear.

All you have to do is put your head to the floor with 100% honesty and ask Allah to show you the way. I promise you that you will not be disappointed Insha'Allah.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

on a completely unrelated note:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HC34OQ...eature=related

^ mike tyson declares shahada in english lol

and ... this will warm your heart :

had me close to tears right their
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Somthing that worries me. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Somthing that worries me.