× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 43 visibility 5479

Muslim cocktail waitress sues over revealing uniform

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Fata Lemes, 33, said that she was pestered for sex by customers at the Rocket bar and restaurant in London's Mayfair where waitresses were "treated as prostitutes". She claimed the bar was run "like a sex club".

Miss Lemes, a Bosnian Muslim, told an employment tribunal she had initially worn loose-fitting black clothes to work but claimed that after a week she was ordered to wear a clinging, sleeveless, bright red dress that had a plunging neckline and was open at the back.

Miss Lemes said she tried the outfit on and found it was "physically revealing and openly sexual".

She said: "It was indecent. If you put this dress on you might as well be naked. I did not want men looking at my body.

"I was brought up a Muslim, and am not used to wearing sexually attractive clothes."

She refused to wear it and claims that she was immediately fired.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...g-uniform.html

Any comments?
    I was wondering why a Muslim woman would work in a cocktail bar (where alcohol is served) in the first place.

Peace

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Muslim cocktail waitress sues over revealing uniform

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Muslim cocktail waitress sues over revealing uniform

Yes me too rather strafe than work at a place that serves alcohol and tells waitress to wear reveling clothing, astagfarullah, may Allah help every Muslim.

Chuck's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post

Any comments?
    I was wondering why a Muslim woman would work in a cocktail bar (where alcohol is served) in the first place.

Peace
    Perhaps thats the only job she could find. I knew a Pakistani guy who worked in a bar when he first moved in this country. Worked there for a month then went on to another job. He said he couldn't find another job and he wasn't drinking, just serving. He prayed salat 5 times a day, but wasn't very religious in appearance.

It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkîn (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât, and gives the Zakât, and keep their word whenever they make a promise, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of persecution, hardship, and war. Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The bar told her what to wear, she refused, she got fired. I don't see the problem.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Any comments?

Peace
    Perhaps she's the drinking type Muslim.

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Any comments?

Peace

Hi Glo,

It's the same reason, why some muslims, lie, steal, kill, fornicate and do everything else they are forbidden to - lack of knowledge or no fear of Allah.

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not too sure what she was expecting when she took a job at a bar?
    In some places, like Hooters, female waitresses are told in their contract that their job requires them to use their sex appeal, and basically ***** themselves out to customers, if they don't they'll be in violation of their contract.
    It's pretty much the same in cocktail bars, isn't it? I personally think that it's disgusting, but I guess those waitresses disagree..

alhamdullilah.

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah View Post
    Hi Glo,

It's the same reason, why some muslims, lie, steal, kill, fornicate and do everything else they are forbidden to - lack of knowledge or no fear of Allah.
    exactly, Unfortunately not all Muslims are the same, there is the good Muslims and there is those who dont follow the teaching very well...nothing else

its just like in any other religions, you will not find all the followers of any religion act the same or following the teaching in the same manner

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

julie sarri's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Its probably a lack of knowledge she may have grown up in a Muslim family that didn't follow Islam correctly as nowadays culture plays a big part and traditions that people get in to there heads that they are Islamic where they are not and if she was worried about men looking at her why was she not wearing hijab because she new it would be difficult to find work and it also depends on whether she had family here or not she may have had to take what she could find to support her self if she is here alone she may or may not have a visa or paper work s she went or a job that maybe wouldn't ask for a visa or work permit there are may factors that could have lead this women take that type of job i hope someone will give her dawah in the future inshaallah

Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi, Subhaan Allaahil-'Aheem

(Glorified is Allah and praised is He, Glorified is Allah the Most Great)

12. Report bad ads?
    Hamayun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    The bar told her what to wear, she refused, she got fired. I don't see the problem.
    If your boss told you to wear a bra to work you wouldn't see a problem with it would you? Actually don't bother answering that question

Secondly the woman got what she deserved and I hope she gets no compensation for it.

She got a job in a bar... what was she expecting? priests and nuns? Good thing she got fired from that job.

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Any comments?

Peace
    ditto my thoughts.

The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Miss Lemes, a Bosnian Muslim, told an employment tribunal she had initially worn loose-fitting black clothes to work but claimed that after a week she was ordered to wear a clinging, sleeveless, bright red dress that had a plunging neckline and was open at the back.
    Yet,

Miss Lemes said she tried the outfit on and found it was "physically revealing and openly sexual".
    I was laughing at that particular bit. How stupid can one woman get?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun View Post
    If your boss told you to wear a bra to work you wouldn't see a problem with it would you? Actually don't bother answering that question
    What I'm saying is that she doesn't have the right to sue the bar.

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no she doesnt. they should sue her for being a pain lol

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have to admit I do agree with you.

But I am looking at this in another way too...

What if she wasn't a Muslim but just didn't feel comfortable in the dress? Isn't democracy supposed to give you the right to choose not to dress indecently?

Peace

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What if she wasn't a Muslim but just didn't feel comfortable in the dress? Isn't democracy supposed to give you the right to choose not to dress indecently?
    Yep, but not everywhere. There's this thing called dress code that an employee has to abide to.

Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Its same situation as if a jew wanted a job in a butcher shop and then accused the owner that he had to touch the pork meat.

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Perhaps the fact that this is a muslimah is not so important?

Personally I would feel extremely uncomfortable to work in an environment where men come to drink and are likely to make leery comments or treat me (and other women) in ways which I would consider disrespectful.
    I would also hate to have to wear revealing clothing - which can only add to the already uncomfortable situation I mentioned in the previous sentence.

I dislike the idea so much that I am not likely to ever consider taking a job in such a place.

However, I wouldn't take such a job, but then expect to wear different clothes. I guess the dresscode is part of the job contract. You either agree and do your job, or you don't and don't.

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Muslim cocktail waitress sues over revealing uniform

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I completely agree. She can't put her hand in fire and not expect it to burn *as someone mentioned earlier*

She has no right to sue the employers. I was merely trying to see the situation from different angles.

24. Report bad ads?
    S1aveofA11ah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well if this report is true (as there is so much 'this Muslim did this that and the other' trend in the media going on) then one has to establish what this ladies contract says about dress code. As the saying goes 'there is always two sides to every story' and it would be important to check out all the facts on both sides. One start would be to analyse the dress code over the history of the establishment. Did it change much?. Was it predominately of one type e.g. smart or revealing?. Of course sleazy dressing will be for sleazy joints and vice versa.

I've seen some bars etc. in the UK and usually the men/women are quite smartly dressed in things like long-sleeved shirts, waistcoats, trousers etc - i.e. what would generally constitue a smart unifrom. That dress they asked her to put on seems more like something a person would go out to party/flirt in - it doesn't conjure up the immediate picture of 'uniform'.

Anyway like I said the case needs looking into deeply especially before making generalisations like "she has no case to sue or not".

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Muslim cocktail waitress sues over revealing uniform Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Muslim cocktail waitress sues over revealing uniform