× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 12 of 12 visibility 2630

Getting married to get green card etc..../

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

What's islamic point of view on marrying someone to get nationality of a country.?

Keep in mind that many of such marriages lead to happy families i.e., person is serious about marriage. While there r cases where person would seek excuses to get divorse after getting green card etc.

I read a Hadees saying something like "who migrated for marrying a woman he migrated for marrying her (i.e, not for Allah's cause....!!!!)" But case in my question is "Married for migration"
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Getting married to get green card etc..../

well how would you like to be used for "immigration purposes."

do you intend on staying with the sister after you have gotten what you wanted

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it's not about me.... i'd rather stay poor than using a woman to achieve such a thing.
    I asked islamic POV, not personal opinion.
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well if you marry someone just for migration its pretty sad because youre ruining both ur and the persons life. there has to be some attraction besides a green card or whatever. however the sad reality is some people do marry just for nationality.

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    UmmSqueakster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As someone who is married to an immigrant to the US who got his green card through marriage (alhamdulilah his purpose for immigration was to marry me and live here until we had the means to move back to a muslim country, not using me for a green card), and as someone who has seen one too many of her friends get married for green cards, let me just illustrate my personal feelings with a smiley :grumbling

There are good american women out there who marry muslim men, who become interested in Islam, possibly even convert, only to have their imans shattered when their husband leaves them and imports a younger, virgin bride from the home country. Again :grumbling

For the islamic view:

Marriage and Divorce to Obtain a Green Card

First, this is nothing but cheating and deception and it is not allowed in Islam. Muslims are not allowed to lie to anyone. Secondly, marriage is a very sacred relationship, and it should not be played with either by having a paper marriage without the intention of a real state of matrimony, or by having a paper divorce without the intention of divorce. If someone is so desperate to live in a certain place and there is no other way possible except through marriage, then one should have a real marriage but not a marriage on paper only.

Allah Almighty declares cheating as prohibited. This applies to any form of cheating, whether to individuals or government. Upon entering the States, you applied for visa. This application is a contract between you and the U.S. government. Being here in the States, you should respect the law and the constitution of the country.

To marry a woman just on papers without having a real intention to establish a family is really an evil deed. Such an act involves telling lies and cheat which are both Haram. Marriage, being a sacred institution, is to be shown due respect and never played with.
    Marriage for the Sake of Obtaining Nationality
    Faking Marriage and Divorce to Obtain a Green Card

Focusing more on your question, the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, states:

“Such marriage is not lawful. Nominal marriage that lacks the real sense of marriage is not permissible at all. In a symposium held at the European College in France, the attendants unanimously agreed that any marriage undertaken without any real intention of marriage is absolutely forbidden. This kind of marriage does not entail any right or duties. In Islam, the main foundation of marriage is set forth in Allah's saying: "He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (heats)." (Ar-Rum: 21)
    finally, once more for good measure :grumbling
    chat Quote

Zahida's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Shame on people who do things like that even think like that!!!!:smile:

Zahida
    chat Quote

~Taalibah~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sur View Post
    What's islamic point of view on marrying someone to get nationality of a country.?

Dim, poor, baseless, really inconsiderate.

Welcom to my sites
    ~~~~~~~~~
    chat Quote

Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

First of all..It's Haram cause u are cheating ur way into a country that u wud not have gotten into otherwise (the honest way). Secondly, whoever does it is breaking the law. And btw using that hadeeth just because it has the word "marriage" in it doesn't mean it's ok for u to sabotage it n use it in this immoral activity.

If u meant something else n I misunderstood pls clarify!
    Fear Allah!

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida View Post
    Yeah astaghfirullah, imagine going through this, I duno if I could see marriage in the same way after experiencing something like that, you shouldn't mess with someones life like that, it can be very depressing I'm sure, My neighbour got married to this guy who had FOUR CHILDREN!! with her and left her saying he only wanted the green ticket. So cruel, she's gone a little ill now and her children are taken care of by her younger sister, it's really sad

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Musaafirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, basically from the hadith you can see that there is no benefit Islamically if you marry just for the sake of obtaining the green card.
    Anyway, according to a hadith you're supposed to marry a woman according to 4 qualities:
    Piety
    Beauty
    Wealth and
    Family status.
    It's best to marry for the piety and nowhere is it mentioned to marry her for the green card.

I Loves chocolate I does..
    chat Quote

Triumphant's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well my sister married a man that immigrated here because she was pregnant. He's a good man and they're still happily married. He's Mexican and my sister was half Mexican so he fit right into my family and had a lot in common with my older brothers. So I guess my sister got lucky...

More often than not the man is usually taking advantage of the woman and leaves her right after he gets his papers fixed.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida View Post
    Yah, shame on them & shame on ppl who marry "Mushriks" as well.
    chat Quote

16. Hide
Hey there! Getting married to get green card etc..../ Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Getting married to get green card etc..../