× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 24 visibility 3131

Backlash against Jews across Europe

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

As expected, hatred breeds hatred.

Israel's brutal assault on the Gaza Strip has prompted a wave of reprisal attacks against Jewish targets in Europe and community leaders fear a wider resurgence of anti-Semitic feeling.

In the most serious incident, assailants rammed a burning car into the gates of a synagogue in Toulouse, southwest France, last night.

There has other arson attack against Jewish congregation in Sweden and the UK and an organisation that provides self-defence advice for British Jews said that as many as 25 racist incidents over the past week could be linked to the Gaza conflict.

The latest attacks come after a hardline Hamas leader, Mahmoud Zahar, warned that the Islamists would kill Jewish children anywhere in the world in revenge for an assault in which more than 500 Palestinians have been killed, including at least 40 people taking shelter in a UN-run school hit in an air strike today.

[...]

In Denmark, a 27-year-old Dane born in Lebanon of Palestinian parents is alleged to have injured two young Israelis last week, opening fire with a handgun in a shooting that police suspect could be linked to the Gaza crisis.

Last night a Jewish congregation in Helsingborg, in southern Sweden, was attacked by someone who “broke a window and threw in something that was burning,” a police spokesman said. Neighbors alerted rescue services before the fire took

On Sunday slogans including “murderers ... You broke the cease-fire" and “don’t subject Palestine to ethnic cleansing" were daubed on Israel’s embassy in Stockholm.

[...]
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5459435.ece

What are your thoughts on these kind of backlashes?
    Are they to be expected?
    Are they justified?
    Are they wrong?

Salaam
    Last edited by glo; 01-08-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: see post 7 below

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Backlash against Jews across Europe

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Backlash against Jews across Europe

Expected yes.
    Deserved, depends on the Heb.
    Wrong yes.

Shalom?

Silver's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wrong...it's like when 9/11 attacks took place and some people started discriminating against muslims blaming them for what some muslims did...so it's wrong to attack any jew because the ones that are bombing Gaza are jews
    Last edited by Silver; 01-08-2009 at 06:59 PM.

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

They should have a taste of what they inflict on others..
    war has its consequence and often innocent casualties!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Backlash against Jews across Europe

6. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    As expected, hatred breeds hatred.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5459435.ece

What are your thoughts on these kind of backlashes?
    Back lashes have a tendency to backfire. I have yet to see any backlash bring about any desired result.

Are they to be expected?
    Yes, angry and hurt people act out of pain, fear and a desire for retaliation.

Are they deserved?
    Deserved? Depends on how a person sees deserved. If a person is hurt they will believe that what ever is done to person who caused the hurt is brought on by their own actions and is deserved.

I think a better question is are they justified? To that I say no, because backlashes are usually directed towards people that had no actual part in the incidents that the backlashes are directed towards.

Are they wrong?
    Hard to say, but definitely of no use and only cause more harm to the innocent.

Salaam?
    Peace

Herman 1 - Backlash against Jews across Europe

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    Expected yes.
    Deserved, depends on the Heb.
    Wrong yes.

Shalom?
    it is nearly as clever as you punishing me for the crime of a Muslim abroad

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post

I think a better question is are they justified? To that I say no, because backlashes are usually directed towards people that had no actual part in the incidents that the backlashes are directed towards.
    I agree, justified is the better term.

Salaam?
    Peace
    O dear ... my salaam was meant to be a statement, and not a question. (In the light of this thread that's an important difference)

I will go back and amend my OP on both counts.

Salaam

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Backlash against Jews across Europe

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LOL, what did i say? as soon as it turns around, these kaffirs will come here crying for sympathy, condemnation, asking if we justify it. you kaffirs as we speak palestinian children are dying, and your crying about a few attacks on Jews? i have recieved worst beatings than whats been happening to these Jews.

yet again the kaffir mindsight is exposed, a few Jews get a few smacks and were all supposed to get shocked, 700 Palestinians are murdered, most of them women and children in their own homes, and no nothing! dont even try to compare the two! can you believe that? these kaffirs want to actually compare whats happening in Ghaza with these few isolated attacks on Jews! whats a joke these kaffirs are.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince View Post
    LOL, what did i say? as soon as it turns around, these kaffirs will come here crying for sympathy, condemnation, asking if we justify it. you kaffirs as we speak palestinian children are dying, and your crying about a few attacks on Jews? i have recieved worst beatings than whats been happening to these Jews.

yet again the kaffir mindsight is exposed, a few Jews get a few smacks and were all supposed to get shocked, 700 Palestinians are murdered, most of them women and children in their own homes, and no nothing! dont even try to compare the two! can you believe that? these kaffirs want to actually compare whats happening in Ghaza with these few isolated attacks on Jews! whats a joke these kaffirs are.
    why do you not go and smack the men who are actually doing the killing in Palestine? instead of giving reason to other countries to join in the Israeli campaign?

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by doorster View Post
    why do you not go and smack the men who are actually doing the killing in Palestine? instead of giving reason to other countries to join in the Israeli campaign?
    i never justified the backlash, all i am saying is that kaffirs are being a joke for trying to make a huge issue out of it, they should be more concerned about the 700 dead, and dying children as we speak.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i never justified the backlash, all i am saying is that kaffirs are being a joke for trying to make a huge issue out of it, they should be more concerned about the 700 dead, and dying children as we speak.
    ok thanks

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

mosques, schools, buildings have been destroyed in Palestine, and kaffirs are crying about a small fire stain on a synagog????????????

Daffodil's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What goes around comes around. Its a taste of their own medicine.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
    What goes around comes around. Its a taste of their own medicine.
    people in England are getting the medicine that Israel is doling out to Palestine?

yup, that might be in keeping with English logic. for example they used to lock-up any old Irishman for crimes of the IRA. or lock up any black man to pay for murder of a policeman by another black man or go and raise Iraq to the ground because they were upset with a Saudi Arabian

18. Report bad ads?
    UmmSqueakster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So if a muslim commits a crime somewhere, people have a right to come and start a fire at my masjid?

People here need to be careful that they're not being hypocritical. If we cry when our buildings are attacked when we've done nothing, then we should equally condemn when others's buildings are attacked when they've done nothing.

And that isn't even getting to the fact that it is from the sunnah of our beloved Prophet (saws) and the righteous companions that one SHOULD NOT attack a place of worship.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

mosques, schools, buildings have been destroyed in Palestine, and kaffirs are crying about a small fire stain on a synagog????????????
    Now I see the point you are making.

Yes, it is true, we will hear more about graffitti on a synagogue in the UK than we will about a school being bombed in Palestine.

Should it be that way? Of course not.

Why is it that way? Because people are basically more interested in what happens in their own back yards than far off in a country they will never visit.

Local news sells papers. Here in a small town You will most likely see a story about a cat caught up in George Applebys pine tree than read about a nuclear explosion in Japan.

Right or wrong, it is human behavior at work. We worry about ourselves and turn a blind eye when something happens to our neighbors.

But, it sells newspapaers and world wide newspapers exist because they make money.

Frustrating and unfair, yes.

Someday if things like compassion and genuine desire to learn become part of the business world, the situation will change. but, until then it has to be carried out by individuals speaking out, telling about atrocities, letting people know, that what happens to our neighbors, needs to be our concern.

Banu_Hashim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    A slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But surely it's not all Jews who are pro-Israeli. Some are anti-Zionist. At the GPU (Global Peace and Unity Event) there was a Jewish speaker who apparently spoke quite openly against Israel's occupation of Palestinian land.

‘Say: If the ocean were ink wherewith to write out the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted, even if We added another ocean like it.’~Al Qu'raan (18:109)

2533160 1 - Backlash against Jews across Europe

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Are they to be expected?
    Unfortunately, yes.

Are they justified?
    No.

Are they wrong?
    Yes.

I cannot stand skinheads, whatever the race or creed of their targets.

As for this perspective theme - yes, what is going on in Gaza is disgustingly worse. Such loss of life, such hypocricy on such a grand scale, such bald-faced lies from governments that claim to be civilised.

However, that doesn't, and shouldn't, stop us from saying that incidents like those in the first post are wrong.

Because if it does, we're behaving the same way as those obscenely bigoted, violent idiots (who crawl out of all races and religions) that we hate.

Daffodil's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You would benefit greatly if you read Sheikh Abdullah Azzams "Defence of the Muslim Lands". All the rules of jihad oppressive and defensive are in there with full evidences

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim View Post
    But surely it's not all Jews who are pro-Israeli. Some are anti-Zionist. At the GPU (Global Peace and Unity Event) there was a Jewish speaker who apparently spoke quite openly against Israel's occupation of Palestinian land.
    When I was living in Austin TX I belonged to PCWF (Palestine Children's Welfare Fund) Many of our members were anti-Zionist Jews. In fact in the summer of 2007 we sent a delegation of Anti-Zionist Jews to Israel in order to protest the treatment of Palestinians by Zionists. An American Muslim can not get a visa to enter Israel.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Backlash against Jews across Europe Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Backlash against Jews across Europe