× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 55 visibility 5569

My granpapa's Masjid (and granmama's)

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

- So I need a hadith that says helping to build a masjid is grrrrrrrrrrreat! oe sutin like 'at

- Also I need ideas on how to design it, 'cause me and JJ making the prototype inshaAllaah

- What can me and Jay jay do to raise money for our masjid..?

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ali_Cena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: My granpapa's Masjid (and granmama's)

Salaam Tj, what a great idea hope it goes well, i do know that there is a hadeeth that mentions building a masjid that Mohammed SAW will build him/her a house in heaven inshallah. try raising money in jumma friday namaaz or local centers? my ideas
    Wasalaam
    chat Quote

Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashaAllah!

"Whosoever builds for Allah a masjid, Allah will reward him similar to it in paradise."
    (Bukhari & Muslim)

"Whosoever shares in building a masjid for Allah, even if it is as small as a bird’s nest, Allah (S.W.T.) will build for him a house in Paradise."
    (Imam Ahmad)

^this one may be Da'if (weak) Allahu Alim
    Last edited by Güven; 01-14-2009 at 09:01 PM.

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven View Post

MashaAllah!

"Whosoever builds for Allah a masjid, Allah will reward him similar to it in paradise."
    (Bukhari & Muslim)

"Whosoever shares in building a masjid for Allah, even if it is as small as a bird’s nest, Allah (S.W.T.) will build for him a house in Paradise."
    (Imam Ahmad)
    Wa'alaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

JazakAllaah khair, that's the one!!! REPS! FROM ME, JJ, TIA AND MEJ InshaAllaah!

ThanKoo A_c got the hadith I wanted now!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakatuh.

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    piXie's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Are u building this masjid as a sadaqa jariya for your grand parents?

Where will its location be?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by piXie View Post

Are u building this masjid as a sadaqa jariya for your grand parents?

Where will its location be?

First question:
    I'll answer inabit inshaAllaah, we're actually extending it, it has no dome or minaret or nothing, looks abit like a box..atm :XMy granpapa wanted big and stuff, he worKed hard to build the mosque, unfortunately he passed away before he could fulfill his dreams of making this masjid bigger, he passed away few days after his brother, granpapa2, so poppa and granpapa2's middle son will be going to Bangladesh with the money we raise and make the masjid much bigger and better, with more facilities etc, make dua for us, we need roughly 10K

Second question:
    Bangladesh

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

Civilsed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Who ever builds a Masjid for Allah, Allah will Build for him a similar House in Paradise" (Hadith)

To spend in the path of Allah Ta'ala by way of propagating the Deen of Allah is highly meritorious and rewarding. Reward attained through the performance of certain good deeds affords the continuity of reward even after death.
    Indeed fortunate are those who have reaped such tremendous benefits and Insha Allah will bear the fruits in the hereafter.

Abu Hurairah (RadiAllahAnho)) has reported the messenger of Allah as saying, "Among the actions and good deeds for which a believer will continue to receive reward, after his death, are knowledge which he taught and spread, a good son whom he left behind, or a copy of the Qur'an which he left as a legacy, or a mosque which he erected, or a house which he built for the traveller, or a stream which he caused to flow, or a Sadaqah which he gave from his property when he was alive and well, for which he will continue to receive reward after his death". (Ibn Majah - Mishkat)

Masha'Allah you will all gain great reward insha'Allah and everyone who prays in your mosque you will get reward even when in the grave.

The design depends on the finance available, but i would take you inspiration from Mosques in the Gulf (Masha'Allah Oman has beautiful mosques, the UAE and of course Saudia Arabia... but again depends on finance.

Finally, Contact local muslim shops etc... give them buckets for donations, Contact Islam channel and arrange an advert , dont forget to set up a bank account where bank can donate.

Hope this helps
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

for fundraising u can sell reeaaally expensive food

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Civilsed View Post

Who ever builds a Masjid for Allah, Allah will Build for him a similar House in Paradise" (Hadith)

To spend in the path of Allah Ta'ala by way of propagating the Deen of Allah is highly meritorious and rewarding. Reward attained through the performance of certain good deeds affords the continuity of reward even after death.

Indeed fortunate are those who have reaped such tremendous benefits and Insha Allah will bear the fruits in the hereafter.

Abu Hurairah (RadiAllahAnho)) has reported the messenger of Allah as saying, "Among the actions and good deeds for which a believer will continue to receive reward, after his death, are knowledge which he taught and spread, a good son whom he left behind, or a copy of the Qur'an which he left as a legacy, or a mosque which he erected, or a house which he built for the traveller, or a stream which he caused to flow, or a Sadaqah which he gave from his property when he was alive and well, for which he will continue to receive reward after his death". (Ibn Majah - Mishkat)

JazakAllaah khair,

Masha'Allah you will all gain great reward insha'Allah and everyone who prays in your mosque you will get reward even when in the grave.
    InshaAllaah and hopefully my grandparents too because they are the ones who worKed so hard for this to happen, but qadr Allaah I guess, they didn't get to do the extension done,

The design depends on the finance available, but i would take you inspiration from Mosques in the Gulf (Masha'Allah Oman has beautiful mosques, the UAE and of course Saudia Arabia... but again depends on finance.
    As for the finance JJ can get all her mates to give money and all my family members are putting stuff in, so inshaAllaah, by the time it's time to go do the job, we should have enough money for everything we intended to do,

Finally, Contact local muslim shops etc... give them buckets for donations, Contact Islam channel and arrange an advert , dont forget to set up a bank account where bank can donate.
    Yeah we have donation bucket, dad has to put em in his shop though, that is a good idea, dint think of that, yes dads setting up a bank account!

Hope this helps
    Yes JazaKAllaah Khair, your help is much appreciated.

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allah Hu Akbar

What a splendid Idea

It will be costly and it will take a lot of time but it will certainly benfit you on the day on judgement.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman View Post
    for fundraising u can sell reeaaally expensive food
    We're not that loaded, expensive food? We're tryna raise money akhi, RAISE!

How about cheap food? :X

Anything else?

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Servant of Allāh
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Have you thought of trynna sort out something with Bangla TV/Channel S .... don't they do those Masjid fundraising programmes ... or was that just in Ramadhaan....

قال ابن أبي مليكة : أدركت ثلاثين من أصحاب النبي - صلى الله عليه وسلم - كلهم يخاف النفاق على نفسه
    Ibn Abī Mulaykah said: "I encountered thirty Companions of the Prophet, every one of them fearing hypocrisy for himself." [Muslim]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul View Post
    Allah Hu Akbar

What a splendid Idea

It will be costly and it will take a lot of time but it will certainly benefit you on the day on judgement.
    InshaAllaah,

So..How many rich friends, gimme their contact details... JK

Funny how the Non-Muslims reply to my PM's ASAP.

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sister I did not find many helpful English things, so I summarized and translated this arabic article as much as I can

There are five important points you must follow in designing mosques

first: chose the good place to build the masjid
    you must chose a good place to build the masjid like building it in a clean area where there is nothing can disrespect the honor and dignity of the masjid

second: the direction of the masjid (qibla)
    make sure that it face the qibla

thrid: the first row
    try to make the first row as big as you can, because you know that all muslims are competing over praying in the first row...which mean avoid putting a lot of decorations those architecture shapes in that place because you will just waste a lot of free spaces on such things

fourth: the columns
    its already known that praying in the connected rows is better than the split ones, try to reduce putting columns "as much as you can" on the center area

fifth: the islamic patterns and designs
    recently, many people are competing over who design the most amazing patterns on the walls of the masjid, and a lot of them are just overdo it...so dont fall in that.
    putting a lot of patterns may distract the concentration of people there

sixth: the wudu places
    those places need not to be in the same direction of the masjid's qipla

I hope this help sis

and there are hadiths for every single things I mentioned before, if you want I will look for the correct English translation of those hadiths *I am not sure if I can translate them well I guess*

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan View Post

Have you thought of trynna sort out something with Bangla TV/Channel S .... don't they do those Masjid fundraising programmes ... or was that just in Ramadhaan....
    Wa'alaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Sorry I have a jist of what your talking about, ma rents dun watch TV and I dunno what tha heck that is, but obviously it's like Islam Channel, but kinda... so how about you advertise it for us? Deal or No deal?

They only fund masjids in Ramadhan, how disgraceful, what kind of channel is this, whatever it is, DON'T WATCH IT no more,

JazakAllaahu khair,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Bandung, INA, Secular (Kafir) country, predominantly inhabited by Muslim
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

(Imam Ahmad)

This one is Dha'if, I've seen the takhrij for this Hadits, syaikh Ahmad bin Muhammad Syakir did not put this Hadits in his Shahih Musnad Imam Ahmad.

Thou could invite syaikh Zakir Abdul Karim Naik to do lectures in the Masjid, in whatever topics that he wishes to give in the Masjid. He must be in there until the money fully raise for the Masjid.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2 View Post
    We're not that loaded, expensive food? We're tryna raise money akhi, RAISE!

How about cheap food? :X

Anything else?
    lol

you misunderstood me

you can sell a peanut for £3 claiming they will get their reward in al-akhirah.

get me?

sell a doughbut for £3!

buy it for £0.30!

or even just make it yourself!

but make sure its halal

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Thayyib View Post
    (Imam Ahmad)

This one is Dha'if, I've seen the takhrij for this Hadits, syaikh Ahmad bin Muhammad Syakir did not put this Hadits in his Shahih Musnad Imam Ahmad.

Thou could invite syaikh Zakir Abdul Karim Naik to do lectures in the Masjid, in whatever topics that he wishes to give in the Masjid. He must be in there until the money fully raise for the Masjid.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.
    Wa'alaykum,salaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

So that one is weak? Then we will avoid putting that on the donation form,

As for the sheikh travelling that is kinda unimaginable at the moment,

ThanKoo for letting us know,

JazakAllaah khair akhi,

P.s SiKKKKKKKK name,

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Dearest Imaan Person,

Yeah I agree, I think I should sell marshmallows, how you make doughnuts? Get a chocolate fountain and let peoples dip their marshmallows in it, sounds cool,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Bandung, INA, Secular (Kafir) country, predominantly inhabited by Muslim
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wa 'ilaikas salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

My name is Heyditia Prama Putra.

syaikh Abdul Karim Naik might be happy to go to your Masjid for that occasion, and plus say to him "We want to record your speech."

We want to hear him speaking about "Tawassul wa Tabaruk."

2. Khilafah Islamiyyah
    3. Imam Mahdi, descend of Almasih Iisa Ibn Maryam 'alaihi Shalawatu wa Sallam, Al Jassasah and Imam Mahdi.
    4. Dissensions, Trial And War
    5. Mujaddid.

Tell him to make a comment on this Hadits:

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith Narrated by AbuHurayrah
    The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah will raise for this community at the end of every hundred years the one who will renovate its religion’s business for it.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
    Last edited by Zamtsa; 01-14-2009 at 08:20 PM.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Civilsed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalam alaykum,

Came across this just give an idea of costs

http://www.islamchannel.tv/ICAdvertisment.aspx
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! My granpapa's Masjid (and granmama's) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. My granpapa's Masjid (and granmama's)