× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 3 of 3 visibility 1415

in praise of mile end road...

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

i am someone who hates london, always have done. even back years ago when i was non muslim i still hated london because everyone was just chasing money and not bothered about others.

i can honestly say i hate london for the sake of Allah, i have bara for it and its culture of money and selfishness.

But...

yesterday i needed to go mile end road to meet someone, they didnt show (which was unfortunate as i had come from leicester) but alhamdulillah the area seemed really nice.

The youngsters especially seemed practicing, brothers giving salaams (a novelty in many parts of london i have travelled in), smiling and being friendly and helpful and from what i saw both the young brothers and sisters modest, not grouping together and chatting as was end of school time as i see in leicester and elsewhere.

obviously every area will have its problems, but i liked the area immediately and i am not usually a city person having been brought up in a village so that is saying something for me.

Jazakallah khairan for anyone from the area who made my short visit a pleasant one and whatever it is good you are doing there keep it up!

Abu Abdillah

Submitting to none but Allah
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Tilmeez's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Abu Aisha
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: in praise of mile end road...

Its lovely to read this. May Allah S.W.T give them baraka in their good deeds, Inshallah.

I personally know such experiences and they suddenly bring you into light from darkness and you start hoping for good.

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلِإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالْإِيمَانِ وَلَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: in praise of mile end road...

Here's my own saying. If you move for deen then deen will move towards you.
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! in praise of mile end road... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. in praise of mile end road...