star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A Tough Question to Answer for Muslims

Report bad ads?

What would happen if Mecca and Medina were nuked? I'm not talking just a damaging nuke, something that would kill people. Instead, something that would turn Mecca and Medina into craters annihilating all traces of human existence there. Believe me, that is scientifically and politically possible this day in age. It's quiet a likely possibility, assuming the fanaticism grows and if Israel ever gets nuked. But, technicalities aside, I want all Muslims to ask yourself this question, "What would happen is Mecca and Medina ceased to exist?" I'm not posting this question to stir up trouble, I could care less about what religion you are. But, realistically, it seems a lot more probable that a move like that would end Jihad. That, or else it would inflame the whole Muslim world to Jihad.

It would do one or the other, annihilate Islam or make it grow stronger through Jihad. My personal opinion is about 50/50 for both. I'd like to know what you all think. I doubt it would ever happen, no one has the back bone except maybe Israel to do something like that... seeing as Al-Aqsa is in Jerusalem, and what are Muslims going to do, nuke the third holiest site in Islam after the other two are gone? I hope it never comes to this, but it could.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A Tough Question to Answer for Muslims

format_quote Originally Posted by cannafield View Post
    What would happen if Mecca and Medina were nuked? I'm not talking just a damaging nuke, something that would kill people. Instead, something that would turn Mecca and Medina into craters annihilating all traces of human existence there. Believe me, that is scientifically and politically possible this day in age. It's quiet a likely possibility, assuming the fanaticism grows and if Israel ever gets nuked. But, technicalities aside, I want all Muslims to ask yourself this question, "What would happen is Mecca and Medina ceased to exist?" I'm not posting this question to stir up trouble, I could care less about what religion you are. But, realistically, it seems a lot more probable that a move like that would end Jihad. That, or else it would inflame the whole Muslim world to Jihad.

It would do one or the other, annihilate Islam or make it grow stronger through Jihad. My personal opinion is about 50/50 for both. I'd like to know what you all think. I doubt it would ever happen, no one has the back bone except maybe Israel to do something like that... seeing as Al-Aqsa is in Jerusalem, and what are Muslims going to do, nuke the third holiest site in Islam after the other two are gone? I hope it never comes to this, but it could.
    Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

1. This is the wrong section, as you are not comparing religions.

2. Maybe you should invest your time on better things than wondering about if this happend about this then what would they do about that. Unless of course you plan on nuking the places you mentioned?

3. Islam is a complete way of life, and deriving rulings and extracting information from the sources of Islam is not always something a person who has not studied can do, so may be this isn't the best place to ask about it, for you will only get opinions of lay people, generally speaking.

Br.al-Habeshi

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its been tried before... well sort of.

in the time just before the prophet muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) the ethiopians sent a huge army including war elephants to sack and destroy mekkah, they actually wanted to destroy the kabba as they had built a simular place of pilgrimage and wanted no challengers to this money spinner.

the result of this outrage?

you can read about it in the Quran, chapter 105

Seest thou not how thy Lord dealt with the Companions of the Elephant?
    Did He not make their treacherous plan go astray?
    And He sent against them Flights of Birds,
    Striking them with stones of baked clay.
    Then did He make them like an empty field of stalks and straw, (of which the corn) has been eaten up.

admittedly not the best plain english translation but i am sure you get the idea, that God took a hand and by a miracle the kabba was protected.

Abu Abdillah

Submitting to none but Allah
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allah is The Protector, its not a tough question, let anyone try...but they will never suceed against the plan of Allah

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    m102313's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To me you sound really ignorant. And maybe you can go research on the word Jihad, that'll keep you busy.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Islam does not depend on Makkah or Madinah. Yes, they are two important and blessed places in our religion, but as long as we have the Quran, Islam will remain, whether people like it or not.

And FYI, the Kaabah will be destroyed in the future, by an Abyssinian leader. It is a sign of the day of judgment.
    Last edited by crayon; 01-31-2009 at 01:42 PM.

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you cannafield; welcome to the forum, if you stay, you may be pleasantly surprised by the kind people here. Can I respectfully ask that you search for topics that promote, justice, peace, tolerance and understanding.

But just a thought on your question, if any country nukes another, then surely there will be repercussions. If someone decides to nuke Disneyland Florida, there will be angry people demanding payback

I have to agree with crayon, the survival of religion is not so much dependant on man’s actions, rather it is dependant on the will of God.

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace on Earth

Eric
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! A Tough Question to Answer for Muslims Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A Tough Question to Answer for Muslims