× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: Do you fast on Monday,Thursday, 13th,14th,15th of each month??

Voters
23. Login to vote on this poll
  • yes

4 17.39%
  • no

17 73.91%
  • sometimes

2 8.70%
Results 1 to 17 of 17 visibility 14363

Do you fast on Monday,Thursday,13th,14th,15th of each month???

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Assalamu alaikum,

Question:

As-Salamu `Alykum. Are there certain days to fast in the week as a Sunnah or is it a bid`ah (innovation in religion)? Some books say it is Sunnah to fast Mondays, Thursdays, and 13th, 14th, and 15th of each months. Does that mean those days are special in the week and month or holier? Could you explain this please? Jazakum Allah Khayran.

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for showing keenness on knowing the teachings of Islam, and we appreciate the great confidence you have in us. We hope our efforts meet your expectations. Yet we also apologize for the late reply.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has exhorted us to fast during certain days: six days of Shawwal, the first ten days of the month of Dhul-Hijjah, especially the day of `Arafah for those who are not performing Hajj, fasting Mondays and Thursdays, fasting three days (the 13th , 14th, and 15th) of every month.

As for fasting Mondays and Thursdays, Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to fast on Monday and Thursday. On being asked about that the Prophet said: "Deeds are presented on every Monday and Thursday. Allah forgives every Muslim or every believer, except for those who are forsaking each other. He says [about them]: 'Leave them.' " (Reported by Ahmad with authentic chain of narrators)

It is recorded in Sahih Muslim that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) when asked about fasting on Monday, said: "That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I received revelation."

As for fasting the 13th , 14th, and 15th of each month, Abu Dharr Al-Ghafari reported: "The Messenger of Allah ordered us to fast for three days of every month - that is, on the days of the full moon (the 13th, 14th, and 15th of the lunar month). And he said: 'It is like fasting the whole year.'" (Reported by An-Nasa'i)

(Quoted from Sheikh Sayyed Sabiq's Fiqh-us-Sunnah, vol. 1.)

So, dear brother, it’s clear that observing fasting on those days moves in line with the practice of the noble Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) who set a shinning example for Muslims to follow, in compliance with Allah’s words: ” Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah.” (Al-Ahzab: 21)

So do you fast every monday, thursday and 13,14th,15th of each month??

i do apologise if im being impolite but its a lil encouragement that we can establish the sunnah in our lives inshAllah....

wasalaam

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do you fast on Monday,Thursday,13th,14th,15th of each month???

From last year Ramadan and performing Hajj it made moi aware of the niyamah, rahma and the enjoyment of fasting...that i was lost in worldly desires..and how Saytan constantly reminded me how difficult it wud be to fast on mondays,thursday and 13.14, and 15th...it made me weaker...

But after performing Hajj and the guidance from my family as my mum and dad been practicing this action for a while...Allahu Akbar..

and then i captured this action in my heart and in Makkah with the will of Allah(swt) i fasted on a thursday...alhamdulilah..

I was very f ornate to carry this action out where Prophet(saw) was born...subanAllah...It was a rather unique feeling... ...and no difficulty,pain,thirst,or hunger took over my mind and i was purely concentrated on my Lord..how we prayed one salah after another, recited the Qur'an and performed tawaafs after Asr salah till was Maghrib salah...

As we finished our salah we headed to the top floor of the masjidul haraam....and broke our fast with dates and Zam zam...subanAllah how our stomach was filled up...

This thread will engage us to revive the sunnah and give us light to perform this beautiful action..only for the sake of Allah insha Allah. May Allah(swt) give us tawfique and strength to nurture this act insha Allah.Ameen thumma ameen.

I will share the timing of iftar on every mondays, thursdays and including 13th, 14th and 15th of every islamic month insha Allah. The timing will be submitted from london..but please you are more than welcome to share the iftar timing from the area or country you live in insha Allah.
    Last edited by Helena; 02-12-2009 at 12:42 PM.

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As today is Thursday, the iftar will be at 5.13pm insha Allah. This timing is from East London Mosque, please follow your preferred Masajid timetable insha Allah.

jazakmullahu khairan!!

chat Quote

bewildred's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, I used to fast on those days on a very irregular basis. With this nice reminder, I'll start fasting next Monday, Inshallah.

You are the WE of me (Carson McCullers)
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

insha Allah sis. Please don't be sad. Allah(swt) gives us opportunity, opens a gate for us that we can benefit from to accomplish our goal in this dunya..'to serve Him only'. Allah(swt) pours down countless blessing upon us in return we should be thankful and try to practice some actions that will draw us nearer to Him insha Allah.

chat Quote

muslim sister)'s Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhamdulillah I fast on Mondays and Thursdays ,not on a regular basis though,but I don't fast not on 13th,14th,15th of each month.Should I also fast on these days if I even fast two days a week?or is it enough to fast on Mondays and Thursdays ?
    chat Quote

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unfortunately I dont, my schedule in very hard I came home late from Uni....but I am planning to start in the near future insha allah

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

Najm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Excellent sunnah. Regarding 13,14,15, do we take take from the Islamic Calendar?

^I rather make sure

FiAmaaniAllah

LI Member
    chat Quote

sevgi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhanallah. While I was just praying fajr, I made a silent promise to start fasting on Mondays and Thursdays in an effort to draw closer to our prophet and push away evil.

Thank you for the thread. I shall mark 'no' coz at the moment, I do not...well, I haven't in a while...

"'Cause I hear the whispered words
    In your masterpiece beautiful
    You speak the unspeakable through
    I love you too"
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Soulja Girl's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Umm Abdullah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nope... Sometimes yep...

Jazakillah khair for the reminder!

" Its sometimes better people don't get to know you..
    Cuz the more they know you, the less they understand & accept you..
    Alone is better, what say
    " - SRK
    chat Quote

~Taalibah~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, i dont, unfortunately.
    Insha'Allah will do one day, with the help of Allah Ta'aala.
    Last edited by ~Taalibah~; 02-13-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Welcom to my sites
    ~~~~~~~~~
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Today iftar is at 5.20pm insha Allah. May Allah(swt) accept our fast from us insha Allah.Ameen!

chat Quote

MO783's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I dont

chat Quote

Faseeha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Najm View Post
    AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Excellent sunnah. Regarding 13,14,15, do we take take from the Islamic Calendar?

^I rather make sure

FiAmaaniAllah

Yes, the 13th, 14th and 15th of every islamic month.

To the thread starter, could you add a sometimes option to the poll?
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

13th,14th and 15th of Rabi ul-awal is on the 9th,10th and 11th of March 09 insha Allah!!

Today iftar will be at 5.58pm insha Allah..

chat Quote

sirajstc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no

25u5j13 1 - Do you fast on Monday,Thursday,13th,14th,15th of each month???

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ - SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah)
    Whoever recites [the above] one Hundred times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him or a thousand bad deeds are wiped away.Sahih Muslim; #4:2073.
    chat Quote

sirajstc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Insha Allah i will Make dua for me
    | Likes Innocent Soul liked this post

25u5j13 1 - Do you fast on Monday,Thursday,13th,14th,15th of each month???

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ - SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah)
    Whoever recites [the above] one Hundred times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him or a thousand bad deeds are wiped away.Sahih Muslim; #4:2073.
    chat Quote

22. Hide
Hey there! Do you fast on Monday,Thursday,13th,14th,15th of each month??? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Do you fast on Monday,Thursday,13th,14th,15th of each month???