Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

large muslimahs

Report bad ads?

I just like the views on this subject.

Why is it because someone is fat/large/big is defined as someone you cant/wont marry?

Id like the views from all cultures/religions

p.s could we please leave the fat jokes out?

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: large muslimahs

From my point of view, a fat man = stinky breath. No offense intended. I, perhaps, see far too many pot-bellied, beer drinking, pee-like smelling men on the street.

EDIT: I'm aware that your title is referring to females. But since your post is gender neutral, I thought why not give my opinion too. Oh, and if I think of fat females, all I can think of are fat jokes. Yet again, no offense intended. I don't particularly count myself as anorexic.
    large muslimahs

chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by jaanjaan1982 View Post

Why is it because someone is fat/large/big is defined as someone you cant/wont marry?

depends on what you mean by fat, too yourself you might be fat, but to someone else you might be a stick,

if your talkin about them people that everyone agrees are fat, then i dont think its everyone that thinks like that, we all believe true beauty comes from the inside and in my case inside and outside but yes if someone aint marryin someone because of their weight, it could be a vareity of reasons, because quite a lot of times like sister the ruler, said bein fat brings quite a lot of negative connotations with it, but im sure 100000 million percent that, not everyone thinks omg he/she is fat, they are un marriage-able, like i know loads of people they are stickss and their wifes are mashallah well fed so again marriage should and depend on deen and then compatibility like looks and personality and thins
    large muslimahs

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa'alaykum salam

I dont know, but it shouldnt be like that.

Ask yourself, who defines beauty? And what is it? If its the media's image of size 6 anorexic women then I'm sorry but that aint beauty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it comes in all shapes and sizes.

WassalamuAlaykum
    large muslimahs

s a b r
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Being fat has its own stereotypes associated with it - I guess people tend to blame the individual for being fat. However, there could be other factors involved such as genes and psychology. So as with everything else, overcoming stereotypes would lead to much better understanding and cohesion in society. I also agree with brother chacha jalebi, that it is our inside that is more important than our outside; people can't help their appearances, yet it is our character that shows who we really are.
    large muslimahs

chat Quote

Vito's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Discriminating is bad. Period. And besides, I've seen thick women get thin and thin women get fat, so if you get married based on looks alone, you might be in for a surprise.
    chat Quote

Amat Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don`t care about the others appearances, they r all human beings after all and never rejecting someone coz he is fat , slim , black , white , tall , short , hairy or blad the most important that he fears Allah and respect him self and the others feelings..he is fat yes but u don`t know what he is to Allah...^^

may Allah accept us and be pleased with us Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeen
    large muslimahs

sapvas2xc6e9di1ikgif 1 - large muslimahs
    chat Quote

saba muslimah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

EDIT: I'm aware that your title is referring to females. But since your post is gender neutral, I thought why not give my opinion too. Oh, and if I think of fat females, all I can think of are fat jokes. Yet again, no offense intended. I don't particularly count myself as anorexic
    hhmm same here??..well my opinion iabout it ...first we have to look our self & then v clame to other ppl personalities either he/she black or white..

Allah's prophet (S.a.w.w) said; "Islam main Kisi Kaaley ko Gorey per or gorey ko kaley per koi foqeyat hasil nahi..."
    m i right
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's because "fat" (i use the term loosely, anyone without their bones poking out is considered fat nowadays) people don't fit in with the ideal image of beauty nowadays.
    Everyone wants to marry someone beautiful, fat people are not considered beautiful, so a lot of people stay away from them.

Is this fair, is it acceptable, is it right? No. BUT we have to keep in mind that you must be attracted to the person you marry. While some people are attracted to thin people, there are also people who appreciate big men and women. So you can't expect everyone to want to marry someone big, but there are people out there that do.

And anyway, like the brothers above said, while the outside does matter, the inside matters more, unless you're someone shallow with an unrealistic concept of beauty.
    large muslimahs

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with crayon here, it is unfair to view larger people as "unattractive" and make them seem worthless, which they naturally are not.

But keep in mind, a healthy diet shows in the outside and a healthy lifestyle. Fatness and overweight is often what is caused due to bad diet and a bad lifestyle, too little excercise, eating the wrong foods etc.
    Fatness and great overweight causes many diseases which you could be spared if you did live a more healthy lifestyle. Though of course, many do have overweight-problems due to genetical reasons and such, you can't blame it all on their lifestyle or diet, I agree.

But I speak generally and your body does show on the outside if there is something "not right". Humans are not meant to be too much overweight, it will disturb you when you work, you get more tired, when you eat and what, your heart etc. These problems can be spared if you keep your weight more in check.

Needless to say, it does NOT lower your worth as a human being with feelings and worth and value. That would be a load of nonsense.
    Last edited by Al-Zaara; 02-24-2009 at 09:59 AM.
    large muslimahs

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

Hafswa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Kai85 View Post
    Discriminating is bad. Period. And besides, I've seen thick women get thin and thin women get fat, so if you get married based on looks alone, you might be in for a surprise.
    LOL....this is very true.
    Don't waste your time trying to fit into the standards that this world has set...be youself and love yourself .
    I too am on the hippy thicker side of life but I love my body.

Someone once said:
    The beauty of a woman is like a flower, it just is.....It does not have to bend over, break a leg during aerobics or starve for it to catch an eye. Like the flower, it stands there waiting, enticing the beholder....it just is.

Be yourself( character wise), confident and beautiful and for sure, the beholder will recognize and soon who knows....you might just be confirming something that a suitor already saw in you....
    chat Quote

NazariteofEhyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There's no such predescribed opinions. However, it doe's mean that the people they attract differ.
    large muslimahs

"Consecrate yourselfs and be holy, because I am the LORD your God. Keep my degrees and follow them. I am the LORD who makes you holy" Leviticus 20:7 "I said to the LORD, "You are my LORD; apart from you I have no good thing" Psalm 16:2.
    chat Quote

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

funny how mostly females replied to this thread - stereotypical brothers! open your mouth lol
    large muslimahs

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Fat people don't look attractive. Just as skinny people don't look attractive.

It's all pscyhological, so don't give me no hate, acha!
    large muslimahs

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Pomak's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'd say most people have a "that is way too fat for me" impulse. Imo its relative. One person's "fat" will be fine to another person.
    large muslimahs

O my Lord,

if I worship you
    from fear of hell, burn me in hell.

If I worship you
    from hope of Paradise, bar me from its gates.

But if I worship you
    for yourself alone, grant me then the beauty of your Face.
    chat Quote

sevgi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Firstly, some guys just aren't attracted to girls who aren't slim. Would you marry someone you aren't attracted to? I wouldn't. And I wouldn't expect them to lose weight for me either.

Secondly, if a guy is slim, he would naturally want a girl who looks good next to him. I mean, it might be shallow, but it's a personality thing and you can't abuse them for it. If you want your wife to look physically suitable to you in the weight perspective, then so be it.

However, if there is a sister or brother who is absofriggenlutely amazing and you think he/she is the one for you yet you turn around and say..."...but he/she is fat"...then you're an idiot.

You can change your weight but you can't change who you are. That amazing person could lose that weight but you who is so shallow is uglier than the chubby person. (you= general)

Ws.
    large muslimahs

"'Cause I hear the whispered words
    In your masterpiece beautiful
    You speak the unspeakable through
    I love you too"
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

some men actually like a more curved woman but as for fatness it depends, a fat gut isnt exactly attractive on a man or a woman...
    large muslimahs

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

saba muslimah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeap dear sis sevgi
    its fact n general thing we attract slim n smart coOOooooOllLLL personality first..
    but some times i saw very unmatchd couples...n mostly ppl call them. Oh LOve Is Blind"
    :-)
    uhhh..!
    chat Quote

sevgi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by saba muslimah View Post
    Yeap dear sis sevgi
    its fact n general thing we attract slim n smart coOOooooOllLLL personality first..
    but some times i saw very unmatchd couples...n mostly ppl call them. Oh LOve Is Blind"
    :-)
    uhhh..!
    Yes, love is blind...as it should be...but sometimes some people won't let themselves be blinded by love coz they are blinded by their egos.

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Alhamdulillah. So it doesn't matter if you are fat or slim...as long as the one who is meant to look at you and love you, loves you.
    large muslimahs

"'Cause I hear the whispered words
    In your masterpiece beautiful
    You speak the unspeakable through
    I love you too"
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think it's all really relative to what that society sees as desirable. Living in a society where supermodels, and celebrities in general portray what we should look like, it's only expected that most people are not likely to find the polar opposite attractive.

However, when my husband was in Yemen, he noticed that a lot of men found very large women attractive, and felt this was what was most attractive. Perhaps because it's a very poor country, and therefore being large signifies having money? Allaahu A'lam, I don't know why. But different societies have different norms, values and perceptions.

But although many brothers in the West may not find large sisters as the most attractive, I'm sure there are plenty of brothers who would overlook that if they really liked what they saw on the inside. Also, weight is not the only thing that can define beauty. A large sister may have other attractive features, as well as having the potential to lose that weight. So Allaahu A'lam.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! large muslimahs Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. large muslimahs