× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 33 visibility 4767

Death after caning mystery

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Thursday April 2, 2009

By SARBAN SINGH
    By FARIK ZOLKEPLI

GEMAS: Mystery surrounds the death of a nine-year-old pupil of SJK (C) Kampung Baru Tiong near here who died several hours after being caned on the back of his hands by a teacher.

Chan Qi Xian had complained of a severe headache after he was caned around noon on Tuesday for not doing his homework.

State Education Department director Datuk Abdullah Mohammad confirmed the case but was quick to add that the caning could not have possibly caused the boy’s death.

“I was told that the teacher caned the boy for failing to do his homework. That is a normal thing to do.

“His death is a mystery and we hope the post-mortem will be able to shed light on the actual cause of death,” he added.

Abdullah said the school authorities rushed the pupil to the Segamat Hospital when he complained of dizziness. They also contacted his parents.

When the boy’s condition deteriorated, doctors rushed Chan to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital in Johor Baru.

However, it is learnt that the hospital authorities there told Qi Xian’s parents that his condition was critical and that he would not survive.

His parents then brought him home where he died at 3.30am yesterday.

Abdullah said that based on the headmaster’s report, Qi Xian did not suffer from any illnesses. “But we do not know if he had a medical condition,” he said.

Abdullah, who was away attending a meeting, said he would visit the school to talk to the teacher as well as other staff members about the incident.

Headmaster Lim Yan Ho refused to disclose details, adding that he had submitted a report to the state education department.

State police chief SAC I Datuk Osman Salleh said the boy could not have died due to the caning.

“It makes little sense to say that the death was due to the caning. We are doing our own investigations to see if the boy suffered from some medical condition,” he said.

He also advised parents to notify the school authorities if their children had medical problems. ”This will allow the school to have every pupil’s medical record.

“This way, we will be able to prevent untoward incidents, especially when disciplining them,” he said.

Qi Xian’s remains were brought to the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital here yesterday morning for a post-mortem. It is learnt that the autopsy would only be carried out today.

In Johor Baru,state health department director Dr Mohd Khairi Yakub said they would investigate the allegation that the Sultanah Aminah Hospital had turned away Qi Xian.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...536&sec=nation

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Death after caning mystery

is caning good for kids?

chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    is caning good for kids?
    no, it is forbidden in islam to beat children, to hit them on their faces, to leave perminent damage etc.

our deen is complete, Allah and his Rasool saws have even left us rules on the extent we are allowed to physically chastise our children, wives, slaves etc.

Abu Abdillah

Submitting to none but Allah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk View Post
    no, it is forbidden in islam to beat children, to hit them on their faces, to leave perminent damage etc.

our deen is complete, Allah and his Rasool saws have even left us rules on the extent we are allowed to physically chastise our children, wives, slaves etc.
    at school (at least during my time) there were canings implemented at schools.

The worst implementation was to be caned at the school assembly...

Alhamdulillah, I was never been caned ... but stood on the chair (and table once) several times...

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Caning ? what is caning ?
    Is there anyone can give me an information about caning ?

Wait, wait !
    I know where I can find that information.
    I must go to library and read a book, 'History of education during colonial era'.
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    Caning ? what is caning ?
    Is there anyone can give me an information about caning ?

Wait, wait !
    I know where I can find that information.
    I must go to library and read a book, 'History of education during colonial era'.
    chill out lol, this is caning http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/asiao...001_caning.jpg

the guy is holding a cane^
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    chill out lol, this is caning http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/asiao...001_caning.jpg

the guy is holding a cane^
    But the guy is not in Indonesia.

In regular school, Indonesian theachers never caning their students.
    However, in some........(what is English name for Islamic school where student learn Qur'an, Hadith and everything about Islam ?).......teacher maybe caning their students.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    is caning good for kids?
    Ok, this is a time for serious discussion.
    Caning is not good for kids. Indonesian government forbid teacher caning student.
    However, in fact, sometime teacher slap, beat, hit or even kick student. And this is normal in some Indonesian schools.
    There were some cases that causing serious injury, and, if I am not wrong, one student was died.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

frankly that is barbaric, I am appalled!
    What a senseless death of a young life..
    Did this child have an autopsy? I am not sure I understand, least of which why the hospital discharged a dying child to his parents?

Many un-answered Q's but the worst of them is still incorporating corporal punishments in school.

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Death after caning mystery

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But the guy is not in Indonesia.

In regular school, Indonesian theachers never caning their students.
    However, in some........(what is English name for Islamic school where student learn Qur'an, Hadith and everything about Islam ?).......teacher maybe caning their students.
    Madressa?
    chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Actually the teacher only canned softly on the hand palm... once and no more.

The doctor did the post mortem...the kid died cause the brain has ruptured... he had a brain tumor

heart 1 - Death after caning mystery

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla View Post

Actually the teacher only canned softly on the hand palm... once and no more.

The doctor did the post mortem...the kid died cause the brain has ruptured... he had a brain tumor
    oh... brain tumor... that's why it's so mysterious... never heard of any kids died of caning...

But I've seen teachers hitting students with that big ruler used for blackboard during my time... and every single class had that "rotan bulu ayam" (feather duster) which is used to discipline the kids... but I dont know about the schools now.

chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

that is seriously messed up, so the poor kid dies and then they put him the pain of having an autosy afterwards? (and i realise how strange that will sound to atheists on here)

Abu Abdillah

Submitting to none but Allah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    Madressa?
    No. Madressa or Madrasah in Indonesia is an Islamic school. Madressa students sleep and live in their own home. Islamic school in my last post is an Islamic school where all student living at there. In Indonesia that is 'pesantren' from 'pe-Santri-an', House of Santri (Islamic students).
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In Indonesia that is 'pesantren' from 'pe-Santri-an', House of Santri (Islamic students).
    In northern Malaysia and southern Thailand, it's known as "Sekolah Pondok"

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk View Post

that is seriously messed up, so the poor kid dies and then they put him the pain of having an autosy afterwards? (and i realise how strange that will sound to atheists on here)

Caned pupil died from ruptured brain tumour

Friday April 3, 2009

SEREMBAN: A ruptured brain tumour caused the death of the nine-year-old boy who was caned on the hand on Tuesday, said his father.

Chan Teen Fat, 40, said he never knew that Qi Xian had a medical problem nor had the son complained of headaches in the past.

“We are deeply saddened by Qi Xian’s untimely death,” he said outside the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital mortuary yesterday.

“He was a cheerful boy, he looked so healthy. There were no symptoms to indicate that he was ill,” said Teen Fat, who has another son studying in Standard Six at SJK (C) Kampung Baru Tiong near Gemas which Qi Xian attended.

“I don’t hold anyone responsible for his death. My family and I accept it with an open heart,” he added.

Qi Xian had complained of a severe headache after he was caned around noon for not doing his homework, following which he was rushed to Segamat Hospital.

When the boy’s condition deteriorated, doctors rushed him to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital in Johor Baru. The hospital told Qi Xian’s parents that he would not survive. They brought him home where he died at 3.30am on Wednesday.

State Education Department director Datuk Abdullah Mohammad said the school had not breached any regulations pertaining to the caning.

State deputy OCCI Supt Zazali Musa said police had recorded a statement from the teacher.

In Petaling Jaya, Education Minis­try director-general Datuk Alimuddin Mohd Dom said they were waiting for reports on the incident.

The school’s headmaster, Lim Yan Ho, said he would also submit a report to the state education department.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...735&sec=nation

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I said in my post, sometime Indonesian teacher slap, beat or hit their student. That is only for 7th until 12th class and that is for serious case like smoking.
    When I was a little schoolboy if student failing to do homework or student has dirty nails, teacher us wooden ruler for caning (exactly, soft caning).
    That was happened in the past, not in this present.
    But when teacher is very angry and cannot handle his emotion hi will slap his student. That is still happen, even if the student is a 10 years old boy.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When I was a little schoolboy if student failing to do homework or student has dirty nails, teacher us wooden ruler for caning (exactly, soft caning).
    In my school too...

chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^north_malaysian this is so sad, talk to the headmaster immediately!

heh anyway, we got the same thing back in KSA, this is truly incomprehensible now that I think about it, back then it was a fact of life, it is against the rules/law too-i think-, yet it still happens,,
    methinks we should home school instead of packing the young ones in tin cans I mean classes and feed them info they're never going to use,,

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad View Post
    ^north_malaysian this is so sad, talk to the headmaster immediately!

heh anyway, we got the same thing back in KSA, this is truly incomprehensible now that I think about it, back then it was a fact of life, it is against the rules/law too-i think-, yet it still happens,,
    methinks we should home school instead of packing the young ones in tin cans I mean classes and feed them info they're never going to use,,
    if I'm not mistaken, that this tragedy happened at a chinese school... I've heard urban legend saying that when chinese parents send their kids to Chinese schools, they'll give tiny canes (or rattan?) to the teachers to discipline their kids at schools... i dont know whether it's true or not.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Death after caning mystery Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Death after caning mystery