× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 22 visibility 3841

I finally found 'the one'

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Waddayya think.

Love marriages, love before marriage...etc etc .. how does one know whether or not they've found the one? Does 'the one' actually exist? Do we love the one we marry or marry the one we love?

Continuing from a thread on another forum, how do you know? You cant know really, can you?

s a b r
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I finally found 'the one'

format_quote Originally Posted by Inaayah View Post
    Waddayya think.

Love marriages, love before marriage...etc etc .. how does one know whether or not they've found the one?
    I don't think there's a way until you've spent years together. The "one" is a different concept than love before marriage, the latter exists, but the former takes time to figure out. If you've been married for a long time and still seriously love each other truly, then I'd say that's the 'one'.

Does 'the one' actually exist?
    Maybe. I personally think its a semi-rubbish concept, especially when dealing w/ it before marriage because only through marriage and experience and spending time with the person, going through disagreements etc and still being together, then you can say he/she is 'the one'.

Do we love the one we marry or marry the one we love?
    Same difference, doesn't it depend on how you get into marriage?

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

interesting akhi..
    If I may ask, what do you think is the difference between love and like?

for instance can you love someone and not like them or vice versa..
    I ask because some of the day to day living you speak of, I couldn't really classify under love.. rather love would give you the ability to be accepting of..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - I finally found 'the one'

chat Quote

burdenofbeing's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the one exists. but it's not actually the one until you make him/her so.
    it's all in the frontal lobe really. both loving the one we marry and marrying the one we love applies. but scientifically, we are absolutely loving what we have. otherwise there would be lots of trouble, I assure you.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    interesting akhi..
    If I may ask, what do you think is the difference between love and like?

I ask because some of the day to day living you speak of, I couldn't really classify under love.. rather love would give you the ability to be accepting of..

I think it depends on what type of love you're talking about. In terms of marital love, I think 'like' is simply the basic inclination to the person or towards a quality they possess that you find attractive which would allow you to proceed with marriage. It doesn't mean you love them because love is a stronger emotion..it's like strong affection that's given and hoped that it gets reciprocated. It's something that effects the mind and the soul..the person truly changes because of it. Ibn Hazm says:
    Of Love--may God exalt you! -the first part is jesting, and the last part is right earnestness. So majestic are its diverse aspects, they are too subtle to be described; their reality can only be apprehended by personal experience.
    [...]
    Sometimes, it is true, Love comes as a result of a definite cause outside the soul, but then it passes away when the cause itself disappears: one who is fond of you because of a certain circumstance will turn his back on you when that motive no longer exists.
    [...]
    Love-may God exalt you! -is in truth a baffling ailment, and its remedy is in strict accord with the degree to which it is treated; it is a delightful malady, a most desirable sickness. Whoever is free of it likes not to be immune, and whoever is struck down by it yearns not to recover. Love represents as glamorous that which a man formerly disdained, and renders easy for him that which he hitherto found hard; so that it even transforms established temperaments and inborn dispositions, as shall be set forth briefly in its own appropriate chapter, God willing.
    I think love gives you the ability to be accepting, sometimes to a great extent..but that doesn't mean you can't disagree w/ the one you love...I don't know if I've addressed your question..I feel like I'm just rambling ..if I haven't then do clarify please!

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

maybe frontal, maybe parietal maybe even the hippocampus, but with a constant exchange between the brain and the heart, who knows why the heart was chosen as a symbol for love even the most ennobled such as love for God, or for words of truths...

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - I finally found 'the one'

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zayd View Post
    I think it depends on what type of love you're talking about. In terms of marital love, I think 'like' is simply the basic inclination to the person or towards a quality they possess that you find attractive which would allow you to proceed with marriage. It doesn't mean you love them because love is a stronger emotion..it's like strong affection that's given and hoped that it gets reciprocated. It's something that effects the mind and the soul..the person truly changes because of it. Ibn Hazm says:
    Of Love--may God exalt you! -the first part is jesting, and the last part is right earnestness. So majestic are its diverse aspects, they are too subtle to be described; their reality can only be apprehended by personal experience.
    [...]
    Sometimes, it is true, Love comes as a result of a definite cause outside the soul, but then it passes away when the cause itself disappears: one who is fond of you because of a certain circumstance will turn his back on you when that motive no longer exists.
    [...]
    Love-may God exalt you! -is in truth a baffling ailment, and its remedy is in strict accord with the degree to which it is treated; it is a delightful malady, a most desirable sickness. Whoever is free of it likes not to be immune, and whoever is struck down by it yearns not to recover. Love represents as glamorous that which a man formerly disdained, and renders easy for him that which he hitherto found hard; so that it even transforms established temperaments and inborn dispositions, as shall be set forth briefly in its own appropriate chapter, God willing.
    I think love gives you the ability to be accepting, sometimes to a great extent..but that doesn't mean you can't disagree w/ the one you love...I don't know if I've addressed your question..if I haven't then do clarify please!

well a few posts back we couldn't agree on a definition for happiness, I believe 'contentment' was as close as we got.. we are yet to define 'love'
    is it simply a stronger emotion than like? I personally don't think they are related at all.
    I don't even mean in the erotic marital love, I mean just with every day folks you love.. You can for instance love your sister or brother and yet despise everything about them say they aren't good Muslims or don't pray or don't squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom of the tube...

for what it is worth, even though I believe love to be a highly evolved emotion, I still think it is alot more basic and primal than like...(might actually answer the question of love before or after marriage) I personally don't think a person has a hand in the matter.. it isn't the sort of thing you can will or the sort of thing that can later be born of the everyday living and certainly isn't contingent on them, maybe flourishes of familiarity yes but no more.. those who have felt it (love) know it, and those who haven't can merely speculate of it..

with that said, I don't believe such threads can be answered in a correct uniform manner, since there is no correct answer.. we define the one and we collectively define love by different definitions...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it isn't the sort of thing you can will
    Exactly.

with that said, I don't believe such threads can be answered in a correct uniform manner, since there is no correct answer.. we define the one and we collectively define love by different definitions...
    I completely agree.

chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no such thing as the one, there are some who are more compatible than others and that's that.
    if you really have to subscribe to such magical thinking, then there several "the one's", not just one, however that sums up .

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What about if you're married to more than one wife and you love them all (in different ways)? Does the ''one'' still exist, or would it be ''several''?

*Acausal synchronicity*

Please make du'a for my mom and Dad.
    chat Quote

Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oh no
    no no no

another marriage/love/'the one' thread!

blargh.

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi
    chat Quote

nebula's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ lol yes i was going to say the same thing!

Another marriage thread,watch how many people reply and watch the amount of views lol!!

Ittaqullah haythu ma kount!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

'Spring Fever' has hit LI --

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

maybe when everyone finaly gets married off they'll stop making marriage threads inshallah! LOL

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think it is possible.

You know Inaayah that I don't like über-rambling threads, I think blogs fit better for them, but this thread, the theme I have no idea what went into me but I think it's ADORABLE. ffended:

I believe after you know, you'll think you've always known but in reality you didn't know until you knew... Uh?

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    maybe when everyone finaly gets married off they'll stop making marriage threads inshallah! LOL
    Nah.. after the honey moon is over you find the after threads in the advise and counseling section

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara View Post
    I think it is possible.

I believe after you know, you'll think you've always known but in reality you didn't know until you knew... Uh?
    I think I'll understand this better after I have had a double espresso...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nah.. after the honey moon is over you find the after threads in the advise and counseling section
    LOL i hope not...!

chat Quote

Najm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

*Subscribes*

Love is.....

FiAmaaniAllah

LI Member
    chat Quote

Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think I'll understand this better after I have had a double espresso...
    Hahaha! I'll make it triple for me.

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sometimes half of 'the one' is found in two separate persons and you wish you can join them together to complete 'the one'.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! I finally found 'the one' Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I finally found 'the one'