× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 18 of 18 visibility 5206

Longing for Jannah

Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Longing for Jannah

Report bad ads?

Does anyone else find themselves suddenly really pining for Jannah to come quickly ? I mean hoping thats where I am going, but sometimes its like an aching feeling that I cannot wait to be with the brothers and sisters in a pure state, all people genuine and no agendas. I get this and find myself wishing it was namaz time, seems to be the nearest I can get to Allah at present is praying. I also get this urgency that I should be filling every moment in serving Allah, but not sure how to do it.Does this make sense to anyone and, cant help thinking that the pining for Jannah is somehow wrong or not quite right , not sure why. Sorry if other threads already covered this, really want to understand this feeling, and have got a suspiscion that it means Im not getting my Islam quite right
    Longing for Jannah

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Longing for Jannah

Longing for Jannah

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't think it's wrong at all. Did Allah's final messenger not tell us that this world is like a prison for the believers?
    Longing for Jannah

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi Tony

I hope you don't mind me sharing my views as a Christian.

I agree with you, that prayer is possibly the most important way of drawing into the presence of God and expressing our worship to him.

As a Muslim, are you required to stick to the prayer times? I mean, can you not pray (if not salah, then at least dua) outside those times?

Speaking for myself personally, I don’t think I spend much time thinking about paradise. Of course it will be the most wonderful place, in the presence of God, without pain and fear and hatred and sin …
    But I am firmly grounded in this earthly life, and I have a very strong sense of being called as God’s worker into this life – so for the time being I love this life God has given me and I want to make the most of it!

So in answer to your question how you can fill your life every moment serving Allah, I think the answer is quite obvious: serve God by serving his creation.
    How do we serve our brothers and sisters in humanity?
    I do it by following the example of Jesus. I am sure as a Muslim you can do the same … although you may be more likely to follow the example of Muhammed.

Where do we serve our brothers and sisters in humanity?
    I believe wherever God has placed us in this life! I can be God’s instrument in my family, my work place, my community, my church, on the train, in the supermarket, in the post office queue … absolutely everywhere in fact!

I am not disregarding prayer as a means of serving and worshipping God. It is and remains our most immediate communication with God!
    But serving God by hand-on serving our fellow human beings is possibly just as important!

I have quoted this in another thread recently, but I will post it again, because I think it is relevant to this thread:
    “Never be so spiritual that you become unavailable.”

Being connected with God should be reflected in how much love, care, patience and warmth and we extend to other people.
    Longing for Jannah

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Longing for Jannah

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i dont think pining for jannah is wrong Allahu Alam

Allah has mentioned the sweetness of paradise and the rewards awaiting the believers in the Quran many times.
    Longing for Jannah

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hope my post above doesn't appear to contradict what glo said. Every action that we do with the intention of pleasing Allah is an act of worship so worship is not limited to Salah. Also, in an authentic hadith, Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that every good deed is an act of charity. Could Allah have made it any easier for us to attain his pleasure?
    Longing for Jannah

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think that what Im feeling is a kind of guilt that on one hand I am thinking of Jannah while on the other I see so many people suffering and I cant seem to do enough, or anything to help. The namaz thing about being near to Allah is that its fulfilling my covenant, I know were not all supposed to be building wells in Africa, but when I see dead and dying children in thier fathers arms I get so frustrated at not being able to do anything, my own children stop me from actually going there but my point is how can I feel content to run towards Heaven when people are suffering. I long for Jannah but I just want to fill every moment helping others who deserve to go there much more than I do. Sorry its turned into a bit of an agony column, I would like to know if others are feeling this and what can we do physically to change something and earn our places in Paradise
    Longing for Jannah

chat Quote

witness's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

“Never be so spiritual that you become unavailable.”
    i really like this quote glo...its so true and relevant to anyone living on earth..... gives much to think about.

I would like to know if others are feeling this and what can we do physically to change something and earn our places in Paradise
    I wonder if thats why we've been told that we will not enter paradise but for Allahs Mercy....meaning we'll never be able to truly earn jannah...we can perhaps just show a token of trying to earn and Allah swt (the Appreciator) will reward us for that effort... not the result since we are not capable of achieving anything but by His Grace.
    Longing for Jannah

Nafs on a forced diet..its not the jeans...trouble's fitting through the gates of jannah

if it's seen feeding.. be brutal...
    ... with perhaps a little sugar coating.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

good point ^^ prayed zuhr and feeling better now. something will come my way im sure
    Longing for Jannah

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Temporary Dunya - Don't get distracted by its pleasures... Not worth it...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllaah, that feeling is amazing indeed brother.
    chat Quote

Ali_008's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    - I Love You Allah -
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is what I'm talking about in this thread:
    http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ready-die.html
    Longing for Jannah

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allah (Alone) let believers put their trust.
    Surah Ale Imran : 160

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
    The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) climbed up Uhud, accompanied by Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan, and the mountain shook with them. He struck it with his foot and said: “Stand firm, O Uhud, for there is no one on you but a Prophet or a Siddeeq or two martyrs.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3483)

Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Taala) does not inspire seeking forgiveness in a slave whom he wishes to punish.
    Ali (RadhiAllahu Anhu)
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bro, if you want to increase that amazing feeling, listen to this!! You'll be yearning even more for Jannah after it.

Conversations in Heaven and Hell
    Longing for Jannah

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

_PakistaN_'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother after I read your post. It was basically like me saying it, the suddenly pinning for Jannah part atleast. Especially when I go through hardships and can't take it anymore. Patience is required.
    chat Quote

Clover's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you want to serve Allah every minute, can't you become a imam, or cleric, or some sort of person that helps spread Islam as a job?
    Longing for Jannah

taoism2 1 - Longing for Jannah
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Detritavore's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

For me to even attempt to imagine Jannah is to be overwhelmed into a euphoric panic, to be fazed by the thought of 'ever after' and to be shamed by an inadequacy that directly reflects my repertoire of evil deeds and my mere existence at that.

On the other hand, the thought of the Day of Judgement, entices a depressive longing to please Allah (SWT) and be better. So I choose to concentrate more on that day more than anything.
    chat Quote

_PakistaN_'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Detritavore View Post
    For me to even attempt to imagine Jannah is to be overwhelmed into a euphoric panic, to be fazed by the thought of 'ever after' and to be shamed by an inadequacy that directly reflects my repertoire of evil deeds and my mere existence at that.

On the other hand, the thought of the Day of Judgement, entices a depressive longing to please Allah (SWT) and be better. So I choose to concentrate more on that day more than anything.
    i think simple english is good enough for us, lol
    chat Quote

Detritavore's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_ View Post
    i think simple english is good enough for us, lol
    It took me a lot of effort to learn English, I think I would be doing myself a great injustice if I were to speak "simply"

Plus, this way I can further practise and improve my English.

I'm sorry if I come of self-righteous or condensing
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Detritavore View Post
    It took me a lot of effort to learn English, I think I would be doing myself a great injustice if I were to speak "simply"

Plus, this way I can further practise and improve my English.

I'm sorry if I come of self-righteous or condensing
    I think PAKISTAN was just poking a little fun brother, your English is excellent and of course you should use it
    Longing for Jannah

chat Quote

23. Hide
Hey there! Longing for Jannah Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Longing for Jannah