× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 3335

Is Paradise Under Every Mother's Feet?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Name of Questioner
    Marawan - Alaska

Title
    Does Paradise Lie under the Feet of a Non-Muslim Mother?

Question
    As-Salamu `Alaykum. I am the only Muslim in my family and I read the Hadith that Paradise lies under the feet of the mother. What is the meaning of this Hadith, and is this also true of a mother who is non-Muslim? Jazakum Allah khayran.

Date
    21/Mar/2004

Name of Counsellor

Topic
    Muslim Belief
    trick 1 - Is Paradise Under Every Mother's Feet? trick 1 - Is Paradise Under Every Mother's Feet? trick 1 - Is Paradise Under Every Mother's Feet?
    Answer
    trick 1 - Is Paradise Under Every Mother's Feet? wwwislamicboardcom - Is Paradise Under Every Mother's Feet? trick 1 - Is Paradise Under Every Mother's Feet? Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thank you very much for having confidence in us, and we hope our efforts, which are purely for Allah's Sake, meet your expectations.

Indeed, Islam orders us to be kind and loyal to parents, whether or not they are Muslim. Referring to this, Allah Almighty says: “Thy Lord has decreed, that you worship none save Him, and (that you show) kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age with thee, say not ‘Fie’ unto them nor repulse them, but speak unto them a gracious word.” (Al-Isra’: 23)

However, favoring parents and being dutiful to them is not allowed if it involves disobedience to Allah.

In his response to the question, Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America states:

“This is an authentic Hadith and it is mentioned in many books of Hadith. In one version reported by Ibn Majah it is mentioned that the Prophet told a person, “Be at your mother’s feet and there is the Paradise.” (Ibn Majah, Sunan, Hadith no. 2771)

The meaning of the Hadith is that you should serve your mother and take good care of her. Obey her as long as she does not tell you to do something haram.

It does not make any difference whether the mother is Muslim or non-Muslim. It is the duty of the children to be respectful to their parents, especially mothers. Allah says in the Qur’an:

“And We have enjoined on man (to be good) to his parents: in travail upon travail did his mother bear him, and in years twain was his weaning: Show gratitude to Me and to thy parents: to Me is (your final) Goal. But if they strive to make thee join in worship with Me things of which you have no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (And consideration), and follow the way of those who turn to Me. In the End the return of you all is to Me, and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that you did.” (Luqman: 14-15)

If the mother is a pious Muslim woman, then she is the woman of Jannah (Paradise) and in her service indeed there is Jannah. But if she is not a pious Muslimah or if she is not a Muslimah, still your Jannah is in her service because you serve her in obedience to Allah. The Jannah of the children is near the feet of their mothers, but the Jannah of the mothers is in their own obedience to Allah.”

Excerpted by IslamOnLine, with slight modifications, from:
    http://pakistanlink.com
    Last edited by doorster; 06-16-2009 at 12:39 PM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Temporary Dunya - Don't get distracted by its pleasures... Not worth it...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Is Paradise Under Mother's Feet?

Amazing thread, jazakallah khair
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

may Allah reward you doorster

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thankyou for this, it is of real use to me and my situation with my mum.

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Is Paradise Under Every Mother's Feet? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is Paradise Under Every Mother's Feet?