× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 52 visibility 5093

Iran - Britain is the most treacherous

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Iran's Supreme Leader today singled out Britain as the “most treacherous” Western power

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6534685.ece

Treacherous (definition): characterised by faithlessness or readiness to betray trust; traitorous. deceptive, untrustworthy, or unreliable.

Is Britain treacherous, is Britain the most treacherous, if so what did Britain do or is doing to deserve this title?

This rhetoric appears very similar to that espoused by Mugabe, is it done for the same reason, i.e. a failed leader trying to deflect criticism away from his failures by blaming the old enemy?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Iran - Britain is the most treacherous

bump
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I thought it would have been america or israel
    chat Quote

Banu_Hashim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    A slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am a little surprised that out of all the possible treacherous nations, he singled out Britain as the most . The government is certainly a mess; but I dunno about being the most treacherous government on the face of this planet.

Allahu Alim.

‘Say: If the ocean were ink wherewith to write out the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted, even if We added another ocean like it.’~Al Qu'raan (18:109)

2533160 1 - Iran - Britain is the most treacherous
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    I thought it would have been america or israel
    Israel is just outright hostile rather than 'treacherous', so doesn't really count ("Iranian cleric slags off Israel.." not exactly news, is it?)

It is, of course, America, but with the new administration deliberately distancing themselves from commenting on the election, and having made some moves to improve relations the Iranians don't want to just throw that all away for the sake of a quick soundbite for home consumption. Britain is just a convenient proxy. Either that, or Khamenei has just been reading the Robert Mugabe book on 'How to Govern'. Come to think of it....
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I watched the speech and I saw him whipping up it the gathering to the point where he blamed all the problems in Iran on other nations. It reminded me of Hitler’s Nuremburg rallies, Mugabe’s rantings on colonialism and the news readers in Kim Jong Il’s north Korea. I note also the censorship and suppression of the peoples access to free information as another parallel with those dictatorial regimes. Once again, it is an example of how easy it is to convince the masses of almost anything and how dangerous it is to have a leader who purports to be a representative of God and who believes he is only answerable to God.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    A slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    Britain is just a convenient proxy.
    I think that may be the case, in order to deflect attention away from the election result. I.e. blaming someone just for the sake of blaming someone else, which would then unite everyone in a common agenda.

‘Say: If the ocean were ink wherewith to write out the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted, even if We added another ocean like it.’~Al Qu'raan (18:109)

chat Quote

AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim View Post
    I am a little surprised that out of all the possible treacherous nations, he singled out Britain as the most . The government is certainly a mess; but I dunno about being the most treacherous government on the face of this planet.

Allahu Alim.
    You need to look at the British and Iranian history.

I've been a supporter of Ahmedjinad. But if the votes have been rigged, then the will of the people must be obeyed.

May Allah bring peace and harmony, as a few have died.

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And those nuclear arms? How many of us reported a blunt statement which the Supreme Leader and the man who ultimately controls all nuclear development in Iran made on 4 June, just eight days before the elections? "Nuclear weapons," he said in a speech in which he encouraged Iranians to vote, "are religiously forbidden (haram) in Islam and the Iranian people do not have such a weapon. But the Western countries and the US in particular, through false propaganda, claim that Iran seeks to build nuclear bombs – which is totally false..."
    Intresting article (especially about the supreme leader on Nukes) by Robert fisk

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...s-1710762.html

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    A slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor View Post
    You need to look at the British and Iranian history.
    I will InshAllah.

But what about the present government of Britain. Surely Gordon Brown isn't treacherous. Boring as heck, maybe.

chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

he refers to history though, and the colonial past-and present?-are not good memories for the subjugated peoples. but it is propaganda, much like the rhetoric about rigged elections and nuclear weapons, half truths distorted to fit a demonized enemy..

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is Iran an example for those Muslims here who want to live in a Muslim state under sharai law i.e. is what I see there with the leadership by autocracy, brainwashed with propaganda, censored and denied access to free information what you want?
    chat Quote

Najm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
    , brainwashed with propaganda, censored and denied access to free information what you want?
    AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Are you talking about the ME EXPENSES SCAM? yes we want all the information!!

p.s he must have been refering to the "British Empire". You know the one that rule over every land the reached. Started wars and slave trade. The one at its peak had a poppulation more than 400 million.

Hence the British can be considered to have one of the worst "human rights" records.

FiAmaaniAllah
    Last edited by Najm; 06-21-2009 at 10:33 AM.

LI Member
    chat Quote

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is Iran an example for those Muslims here who want to live in a Muslim state under sharai law i.e. is what I see there with the leadership by autocracy, brainwashed with propaganda, censored and denied access to free information what you want?
    its not brainwashed, the brainwashing happens in your country where your secular papers and rulers keep brainwashing you into thinking your civilized and better than every other culture and system.

infact your so brainwashed you think that people who speak against you are brainwashed into doing that!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince View Post
    its not brainwashed, the brainwashing happens in your country where your secular papers and rulers keep brainwashing you into thinking your civilized and better than every other culture and system.
    My country allows me unfettered access to any information available on the planet so that I might make value judgements on what they and local media tell me. That’s just one difference between my country and totalitarian regimes such as Iran.

I take it then that you would like to live in a country which is ruled as an autocracy, which censors information and which makes access to outside information a criminal offence? Can I know what is your country and where you are currently residing?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My country allows me unfettered access to any information available on the planet so that I might make value judgements on what they and local media tell me. That’s just one difference between my country and totalitarian regimes such as Iran.

I take it then that you would like to live in a country which is ruled as an autocracy, which censors information and which makes access to outside information a criminal offence? Can I know what is your country and where you are currently residing?
    you see, you are clearly brainwashed. iran does not criminalize foreign info, this is part of your brainwashed mind that you make such comments.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

can you give me info of stores in your country that publish works that examine and analyze whether the holocaust actually happened.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you see, you are clearly brainwashed. iran does not criminalize foreign info, this is part of your brainwashed mind that you make such comments.
    In Iran it is a criminal offence to have satellite TV; it has been reported on all media that the Iranian government have been closing down internet comms forums etc.,

Can I know what is your country and where you are currently residing?
    chat Quote

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brainwashing happens in every country - Even censorship - for example the Iraq enquiry in the UK Gordon Brown doesnt want it to go public - theres the 44 torture photos which Obama doesnt want to release and then theres Iran which doesnt want anyone to find out wants happening - although I've heard its gone preety bad.

There censorship everywhere - just in some places it worse then others.

There are propaganda tools in all countries anyway - its up to the indivdual to believe it or not.

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

can you give me info of stores in your country that publish works that examine and analyze whether the holocaust actually happened.
    I don't know what country he comes from, but as far as I know publishing and selling such works is perfectly legal everywhere in Europe and North America except for Germany, Austria and Romania (the reasons why they are exceptions is pretty obvious, whether you approve or not).

I suspect few actually do as firstly because academically nobody (or at least, very few) take such works remotely seriously and secondly because, thankfully, only a few die-hard neo-Nazi idiots would actually want to buy them. Garbage remains garbage whether you are free to publish, sell and buy it or not.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Iran - Britain is the most treacherous Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Iran - Britain is the most treacherous