× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11 visibility 2357

Dispatches - Unseen Gaza

shible's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    wat to Say?
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Dispatches - Unseen Gaza

Report bad ads?

Dispatches - Unseen Gaza 2009.

Is what has been presented on our screens and in our papers a true reflection of events on the ground in Gaza? And how do these reports differ to those aired in other countries?

With reporters unable to enter Gaza, attempted media manipulation from both sides and strict regulations governing what images that can be shown on British TV, Jon Snow asks a range of journalists from at home and abroad about the challenges of getting the full story.

Featuring images that haven't before been aired on mainstream television, Jon also examines the difference between the coverage at home and that in the US, Europe and the Middle East.

He compares the coverage available on terrestrial channels with satellite TV and the internet and investigates the extent to which some British Muslims are by-passing the mainstream British media and looking elsewhere for their information.

Torrent Link

Dispatches - Unseen Gaza 2009

For More details on torrent download watch my previous Post

Occupation 101

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Dispatches - Unseen Gaza

chat Quote

brightness_1
    wat to Say?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

that's cool, I never knew it has a direct weblink.
    chat Quote

Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Children butchered, maimed and murdered, im lost for words. How can anyone do it. Sick to my stomach of this disgusting dunya
    Dispatches - Unseen Gaza

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well - I would certainly never watch anything the BBC churns out about anything. There are far better sources.

Their stance on climate change, for instance, is appallingly biased. As is their political bent. An overpaid and agenda driven staff who have completely lost the plot when it comes to being neutral or factual.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    wat to Say?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
    Well - I would certainly never watch anything the BBC churns out about anything. There are far better sources.

Their stance on climate change, for instance, is appallingly biased. As is their political bent. An overpaid and agenda driven staff who have completely lost the plot when it comes to being neutral or factual.
    It might be true to some extent. but i bet you won't be able to see this on normal videos and there is no reason for a news channel to risk it's life on capturing fake news. unless and until it truely believes that the things that are going on are not right
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes, it is very difficult to guage what goes on inside an area where no news crews are allowed - there will be allegations by both sides which cannot be verified.

The major problem is that we have had many unsubstantiated claims and outright lies from both Gaza and Israel. We had a documentary on our local television and a Q&A answer session afterwards with a Palestinian journalist and an Israeli commentator.

We saw the Al Dura episode, the rubble that was Jenin where 1500 we were told had died, the rockets from Gaza into Sderot and many other tragic happenings.

And then the Q&A session where we found out that the Al Dura incident was a hoax and was going throught court in France, in Jenin about 55 people had actually died (according to the HRW count) and nearly half of those were Israeli soldiers and we were shown the Green Helmet ambulance man and how it had been set up and the fact that altho' Hamas had claimed they hadn't broken the cease fire, rockets were fired into Israel every month during the six months of the peacefire from off shoots of Hamas acting on their own accord. But how was anyone to know?

We also saw the Palestinians being brought into hospital during the Israeli onslaught - many of these were young men who had bad leg wounds - we found out afterwards that these young men were actually the victims of Hamas who shot them for having connections to Fatah!

So what do we believe - we know neither side are completely honest in their reporting, but there is a school of thought down here that there are some theatricals being staged to garner support - mostly on the Palestinian side.

But all these things are on the internet, they just need to be pointed out. There were some very interesting letters to the papers , articles on local blogs and radio talk backs about how naive we are in our perceptions of the I/P problem and how the population is manipulated , in particular, by left wing media. Our main TV news channel had always used the BBC overseas news clips for our local news, but now we see less and less of BBC and more from other less biased news sources.

So everything we now see or read on the media, we have to take with a pinch of salt. Sometimes propoganda is more harmful than good, because if you have been caught out once people are inclined to think they are being hoodwinked again.

And that is the greatest shame, due to the news being distorted by those with their own agendas they are harming the ones most in need in their quest to push their side of the story. Interest dies with disbelief and I think the BBC (Jon Snow, Olga Guerin, Barbara Flett particularily ) has totally lost credibilty with overseas viewers.

Videos like this are also harmful because they are made by those who are not neutral so therefore are not actually worth viewing as it is immediately obvious that it is completely one sided with no true dimension. As always, it is the women and children who suffer fom male intransigence.
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Whether or not the BBC are biased is up to you, but the massacre of the palestinians is clear in the video and so is the propaganda of the israelis
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'll make sure I watch this. JazakAllah Khayr for sharing!
    Dispatches - Unseen Gaza

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am watching the programme, and I feel sick to my stomach ...
    Dispatches - Unseen Gaza

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Dispatches - Unseen Gaza

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    wat to Say?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are many such things that doesn't come to light of public. yet it is not specific to Islam.

Remember some days before the China Tibet issue. where China had killed many innocent people and was not letting any media to enter the area near Tibet
    chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! Dispatches - Unseen Gaza Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Dispatches - Unseen Gaza